Is Pacesetter pay really nonexistent?

I'm in fulfillment, smaller but very busy store, and I'm training to be a pacesetter. I assumed it came with a smidgen of a pay increase and now I'm hearing that's not true.... is it ever true?

Is it worth asking for more money?
How are people showing up and taking on leadership roles with no additional compensation?

I'm so baffled......

Not a thing. There are no pay increases outside of yearly reviews. If you are taking on extra work etc. ideally this will be reflected in your review and you may be compensated with a higher percent raise.

As for why people take these roles w/o extra the extra pay, I can only speak for myself here: it's just ingrained in who I am; I've never been one to only work to the best of my ability based on compensation alone. Does that mean I do more work for the same pay? Sure, but it also means I'm the one getting noticed for the extra work and asked about promoting.

Not a thing. There are no pay increases outside of yearly reviews. If you are taking on extra work etc. ideally this will be reflected in your review and you may be compensated with a higher percent raise.

As for why people take these roles w/o extra the extra pay, I can only speak for myself here: it's just ingrained in who I am; I've never been one to only work to the best of my ability based on compensation alone. Does that mean I do more work for the same pay? Sure, but it also means I'm the one getting noticed for the extra work and asked about promoting.
I am definitely getting noticed, and with the new SD we have, I'm hoping the next lead position that opens up will be mine. I'm definitely don't have a work ethic that is based on compensation alone, but the compensation is the sole reason I have a job and want to excel soooooo... money talks.

You take a leadership role w/o extra pay to demonstrate leadership abilities so you will be considered for a managerial role (Team Lead)
Yes I am learning this quickly. I'm now being asked if I'd like the soon to be vacant HR Expert position, and I'm being told that is another great pathway to move towards TL. So I'm unsure of what move is best.

Yes I am learning this quickly. I'm now being asked if I'd like the soon to be vacant HR Expert position, and I'm being told that is another great pathway to move towards TL. So I'm unsure of what move is best.
The HR expert job is the best thing you can put on your resume at the pay grade. ASANTS, but our last few HR experts have been dynamite, and we keep losing them to higher paying jobs - it's mostly a pathway to better employment, though it can also be a pathway to Target leadership.

Back