Is Target Cafe defunct?

The one near me is just temporarily closed due to COVID-19, but it was a hotspot for guests before then. It's a remodelled Tarbucks and Cafe and it even has a small snack fridge where you can buy cold drinks and snacks. It definitely is coming back after this.

Now that you have me thinking about it there are only 2 targets around me that don’t have a cafe- one has a SB and the other is a tiny small format with really no room for anything. Cafes are apparently common in regions where corn grows 😂

Now that you have me thinking about it there are only 2 targets around me that don’t have a cafe- one has a SB and the other is a tiny small format with really no room for anything. Cafes are apparently common in regions where corn grows 😂
Can confirm, corn is like our towns “thing” and we have a brand new shiny cafe after remodel last year instead of getting rid of it

We got rid of our cafe...it apparently wasn't doing well financially. They were eager to get an SB in because they just get rental income from the space--and it does a heckuva lot more business with the Karens and their kids that come in.

Or it did, anyway, before the pandemic got them closed

We got rid of our cafe...it apparently wasn't doing well financially. They were eager to get an SB in because they just get rental income from the space--and it does a heckuva lot more business with the Karens and their kids that come in. Or it did, anyway, before the pandemic got them closed
I'm sure the business details between Starbucks Corp. and Target are hyper-confidential but the actual baristas are all Target team members, not Starbucks employees. So I'm not sure how the rental income and revenue splitting works, but I had guessed that the Target SBUX locations were franchises.

Ours is in the process of remodel. We keep the Icee and soda machines and get two grab and go coolers. The rest is Starbucks.

I'm sure the business details between Starbucks Corp. and Target are hyper-confidential but the actual baristas are all Target team members, not Starbucks employees. So I'm not sure how the rental income and revenue splitting works, but I had guessed that the Target SBUX locations were franchises.

I'm not sure myself, but the above is what I heard from several ETLs

Starbucks in Targets are licenses stores. Meaning Target pays the license to run within Target. So the Starbucks in your store is run by Target, profits is all Target, baristas are TM and paid by Target. The space is Target, the only involvement Starbucks has is making sure Target upholds standards and the license agreement. Target pays to have a license to have Starbucks within Target to bring more guest (the moms and Karens) into the store.

Our Target Cafe suddenly got plastic bags on all the appliances and stuff over there. Wonder what that means, or if its just a coincidence with the virus. I believe ours makes enough money, and we kept it through several remodels, so who knows.

Probably to keep the dust off, which is a good idea since ours is getting dusty.
Also a good reminder to all those Karens who keep asking if we're still closed :rolleyes:

My last store's Food Ave was converted into a Starbucks. There is a standalone SB just up the street. And a mall food court location across the road.

I had a former TM that transferred from a store that had a American Cafe or something on that lines

We just lost ours a few months ago due to remodel. It got replaced with a grab and go Snack Bar. The day it was officially supposed to "open" (with pizza and popcorns) was the day Target closed all it's Food Service areas due to COVID.

Back