Is Target considered a grocery/food industry? Covid vaccine eligibility

But the virus was still spreading when people had no where to go except grocery stores.

It kind of sucks how we have gone from Hero to Zero. People who work from home are getting their vaccines before grocery workers. I decided today that I am now a health care worker because we sell medications. They don't ask for proof so....
Your state doesn't have grocery workers eligible yet? That's crazy.

I've been saying this all along! Who's been hooking people up with their cough syrup and pain/fever reducers?

Right! We might not be on the level of the amazing covid nurse, but we are doing more then a lot of people. I know one woman who is a doula (birth assistant). She hasn't set foot in a single hospital, but she got her vaccination.

I am eligible in my state based on age group (55 and over). The vaccine setup in my store taunts me as I cannot get an appointment online, very frustrating!

I'm in CA and was able to get my first dose last Friday and already have an appointment for my second dose. My county didn't even ask for proof, they just saw Target and that was it.

My county has a service to sign up for alerts based on your tier and they text you when clinics are scheduled so you can book an appointment.

My hubby and kids are in a later tier, but I have asthma so I'm glad I could get it sooner. I extended my leave out so I won't be back at work until after my vaccine is effective.

So I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand, it could take appointments away from vulnerable people who need it. But on the other hand, I feel like it’s faster to just open it up to everyone and vaccinate as many people as possible.
I can see this for Alaska. Especially if you would not normally be eligible but you are bringing someone who is and the distance or appointment process is difficult.

Just fyi, you can add your name to the unused doses list and if they have any remaining doses, they can give it to you.
Just saw the notice in TSC. They are closed now but will have to go in early next shift and sign up.

I got my first dose. Snagged an appointment on a pharmacy website. It had a dropdown menu to select whether you were 65+, grocery worker, etc. Never had to put in place of employment. I don't know how other places are doing it, but nobody in person ever checked to see if I was, in fact, eligible. I'm glad we're considered grocery though cause I'm high risk and that category isn't eligible for vaccines yet where I am.

Try joining a Facebook group like “getting (your city) vaccinated - covid-19 appointment tip page”. Lots of tips and help. don’t give out personal info to strangers.
Turned out I was able to schedule an appointment pretty easily, much to my surprise after hearing that others in my area have struggled. Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that side effects will be minimal. (Even if they aren't, I'll still be happy to get the jab in the arm.)

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

COVID-19 vaccine motivation: Krispy Kreme is giving away free doughnuts for showing vaccination card

The closest Krispy Kreme to me is almost 300 miles away!!! They had some in MN for awhile but then appeal waned I guess. So bummed I can't get free donuts. 😒

Back