Archived Is there any hope for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going with the Flow

Queen of the dungeon
I have been with spot <blank> years . started flow and now am trained in multiple areas of logistics as well as IS. When I started our store was about a year old and growing. During my time we had am awesome ETL Log and a strong TL , we had ETL's who mostly had been in the business awhile and worked their way up through the ranks. In the last year all but 1 ETL has moved on as well as our STL. In this year our store, our morale, our loyalty and any respect by an etl for anyone who is "below" them has gone to hell. As new ETL's come in with no knowledge or others arrive with some agenda to promote themselves, team members are just treated like collateral damage. Really good people, many who had been at our store since it opened have been driven to term themselves or been termed for stupid reasons. The smart ones transfer before they get termed. There is never a decent zone, stupid decisions were made during the 4th quarter and when people with real knowledge try to help they are treated like they are stupid. I could go on for days about the lack of respect for team members, its sad. Our freezers and coolers are never zoned or fifo'd ..who has time for that? Instocks...maybe we can get it zoned first? haha ..no.

We got a new etl log and this person is so busy harping about time lines they can't even see who is working hard and who isn't. She just came in and has slowly begun to destroy the team. No amount of sweat and dedication is enough. If you did 100% perfect she'll let you know that 110% would have been better.

Then there are the hours and the constant harping about every little minute, every little penny that gets spent while the Neiman Marcus fiasco sits at the front of the store going unsold!

I just don't see it getting better, what is going to happen is they are going to finally break or drive away everyone who cares. I have seen many on this board talk about this happening at their store and I just wonder if there is any hope at all for us. I used to love my job and I wanted to work hard because I liked my bosses and felt respected for my hard work. I felt like part of a team who all cared about the store, the guests and each other and I used to think that if there were even more of us our store would grow even more as the kind of place guests would want to make there "destination" store. Haha ...Vibe that! Now I just go bust my ass anyway because thats who I am and think about where I should apply for a new job as soon as i can.

Reactions: NOP
I always feel like management always tries to play nice before the survey comes up, in hopes of getting better scores... Then after scores are okay, they turn to assholes again.

I won't be fooled this year! (If I'm even still working at Target...)

If half the flow team coming in baked and remembering ETL idiocy that occurred months prior are any indication, no amount of playing nice wil mitigate the low scores.

They need to lift that stupid 4 year degree requirement to be an ETL and start promoting TL's into ETL roles. Anybody who says you need a bachelors degree to be an assistant store manager should be laughed at. It's alright though, Target is destroying itself from within. But thats retail for ya.. just ask Sears, Macys, Kohls, KMart...

JC Penny seems to be doing well.... I heard that they have cash incentives for credit applications. /applaud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back