Archived Is there certain shades of khaki we can't wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was wondering, I have this pair of greenish colored khaki pants and I bought them online and when I got them it wasn't what I expected because the online photo it looked like a dark tan but when I got it they were a greenish khaki color. I don't want to wear them to work if a manager will say hey you can't wear those! I was just wondering if there's certain shades you can't wear of khaki.

Are those greenish pants Dickies? I noticed Dickies look greenish under certain lights.
One of my ETLs she dresses stylish with a scarf(pointless) but she wears gray pants and seems to get away with it so as long as it's a type of khaki I'm sure you'll be fine.

43PuCkI.jpg

So I was wondering, I have this pair of greenish colored khaki pants and I bought them online and when I got them it wasn't what I expected because the online photo it looked like a dark tan but when I got it they were a greenish khaki color. I don't want to wear them to work if a manager will say hey you can't wear those! I was just wondering if there's certain shades you can't wear of khaki.

According to the latest official team member book, khaki (the color) is NOT even a requirement anymore.

You can wear any color pants but denim is prohibited.

Oddly enough, people still wear khaki. I feel like I'm the only one who read the change in rules & the ETLs would probably question why someone isn't in uniform if they dressed in anything but khaki. o_O

According to the latest official team member book, khaki (the color) is NOT even a requirement anymore.

Oddly enough, people still wear khaki. I feel like I'm the only one who read the change in rules & the ETLs would probably question why someone isn't in uniform if they dressed in anything but khaki. o_O

This was in the handbook as far back as 2012, maybe even farther. It just says khaki is preferred. OK, then why doesn't the flow team wear black? Makes sense to me. They get pretty dirty due to all of the freight they handle.

I wonder why the change? Maybe something to do with the company having to provide uniforms if they were mandatory? I'd be shocked if anyone wore colors besides khaki. Seems out of line with great guest service. Red & khaki is a signal to the guest that you work at Target, and could help them.

I wonder why the change? Maybe something to do with the company having to provide uniforms if they were mandatory? I'd be shocked if anyone wore colors besides khaki. Seems out of line with great guest service. Red & khaki is a signal to the guest that you work at Target, and could help them.

I could be because of the two states that have laws saying that khaki is outside of the legally required colors for work uniforms.
They want to make the rules consistent for all states.

As someone else said, that wording has been in the handbook for a while. That said, a new back room TM this past fourth quarter wore black pants one day, and got called out for it during huddle. They told him since he was back room, they would put up with it for the day, but to never do that again.

So it might be in the handbook, but don't expect it to fly in reality.

I would have been so happy if Food Ave could wear black plants. Having grease stain khakis sucks. I was buying new khakis about once a month. Usually around whenever I had to dump the grease.

I know there is one woman at our store who wears brown cords and has never been spoken to about it.

I don't wear red outside of Spot, so when I quit I will be donating a lot of red shirts. I used to work for a company that mandated black pants, but provided uniform shirts. And back when the earth was flat and Nazis rode on dinosaurs I worked for a company that gave us over $100 every few months to order uniform shirts from Land's End.

I've worn just about every "shade of khaki" imaginable and nobody's ever said anything to me about it....and I'm talking about "off-white khaki" to "dark brown khaki" to "olive green khaki" to "stone grey khaki". I think as long as it's in the "so-drab-it-could-be-found-in-a-pile-of-gravel-or-dirt" spectrum, you're good ;)

I used to wear the most comfortable pair of corduroys pants (basically a jean cut) that we sold. They were greenish, and no one said a word to me about it. Mine got holes in them, and we haven't sold them since!

This was in the handbook as far back as 2012, maybe even farther. It just says khaki is preferred. OK, then why doesn't the flow team wear black? Makes sense to me. They get pretty dirty due to all of the freight they handle.

That's interesting because the only reason I even noticed this in the current book was because it was specifically pointed out (in the booklet) as being something "new." Otherwise, I wouldn't have even looked at the blurb.

I wonder why they made a point to bring that to employees' attention? It must be for a legal reason & they are simply covering their proverbial butts.

you can wear any solid color pants you want as long as they aren't jeans, sweats or yoga type pants.

you can wear any solid color pants you want as long as they aren't jeans, sweats or yoga type pants.
And despite what is in the handbook, they will likely either have you buy the khaki pants or tell you never to wear the non-khaki colored pants again.

And despite what is in the handbook, they will likely either have you buy the khaki pants or tell you never to wear the non-khaki colored pants again.
Ah, but what's the consequence if you just tell them no? They can't coach you on it if the handbook explicitly says you can wear any color pants.

It's just like the whole staying past the end of your shift on a closing night. There's literally nothing they can do to you if you don't stay past your scheduled end shift time. I've been doing it for months now and not one single coaching. They guilt everyone into it though and make it seem like there will be consequences if you don't do it when the reality is there's nothing they can do to you.

I can't comment to that because we never stay past our shift when we close.

Though I will say, I have started walking out at the end of my shift (as both guest service and GSA) when my shift is over, regardless that the person following me is late (she is always at least five minutes late and will never be on time). I simply let the person covering the lanes know (or the LOD know if I'm GSA) that I'm leaving and turn around and walk away. And let them figure out how they want to get that gap covered. I don't think they're thrilled, but I figure if my shift is over, if they care they are short coverage, they will go after the person who is late.

you could challenge the store if they call you out on it and say the handbook says any color they cant write you up for it or in my store they do what ever they want, you cant even call the hotline on them becuase they will retaliate. i once wore a grenish tanish hue and no one said anything..

if we are working ad set on sundays we come in around 4 and stay till 8-830 sometimes they schedule me for that i come in jeans and a red shirt. when my store was overnight it was jeans and a red shirt.

if you are working an early am shift or late overnight shift and your shift overlaps like you have to work 3 hours more after the store opens you need to change out of your jeans.

although i work with some tms who think tan colored swetpants or yoga pants are exceptable for work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back