Is there clear direction on Workbench for step by step AD SET?

I have a heck of a time doing Ad set on Sunday mornings. I only rarely do it, and it seems like there's always some new quirk that I don't know about. Yesterday I was told that if the given 7x11 signs are confusing, then I'm supposed to check with my own phone the Circle Offers & review the Sunday flyer to make sure I'm 'doing it right'. E.g., in pets, I had a bunch of pet care %off 7x11s, not scannable -- just Home Location. I couldn't figure out for the life of me where to put them because I couldn't find any item with the device that came up with that deal. Then I'm told, yeah, some don't show up on the device so you have to use your own phone to figure it out --- um no. I mean, I want to do it right, but hell, give me the signs you want me to put up and I'll happily put them up.
Are there step by step/best practice/guidelines/how to instructions on Workbench?

I'm with you on the not using my own phone for work. Target won't replace it if damaged while using it for work. Target does not reimburse me for any part of the phone, data usage, etc. Nope. My phone... emphasis on MY. I also think that tm's using their personal phones on the salesfloor at any time gives a poor impression to guests. Maybe I'm old school here, but I am what I am.

Ad process for the company needs a rehaul. Just way too many things on sale that we don't get sent signs for, and often times can't even make signs for. ChatBots aren't useful 'cause the likelihood of them being replied to during the promotional period is essentially zero. eBatches usually include 95% of everything we definitely do not need a sign for.

Recently, Grin Studios products on the Toys TWall were on sale, but we couldn't make a generic x% off 7x11 sign for the endcap. The 7x11's always printed the price point for the specific item we scanned. Luckily, I was able to access the "Signing detailed View" card from Store OPS iRad to find a "lead DPCI" that enabled me to print a 7x11 advertising the % off all their product. Fast forward to today, and the same process doesn't work. I was forced to print a PDF the vendor gave me in order to advertise the 30% off prices.

Unacceptable.

I have a heck of a time doing Ad set on Sunday mornings. I only rarely do it, and it seems like there's always some new quirk that I don't know about. Yesterday I was told that if the given 7x11 signs are confusing, then I'm supposed to check with my own phone the Circle Offers & review the Sunday flyer to make sure I'm 'doing it right'. E.g., in pets, I had a bunch of pet care %off 7x11s, not scannable -- just Home Location. I couldn't figure out for the life of me where to put them because I couldn't find any item with the device that came up with that deal. Then I'm told, yeah, some don't show up on the device so you have to use your own phone to figure it out --- um no. I mean, I want to do it right, but hell, give me the signs you want me to put up and I'll happily put them up.
Are there step by step/best practice/guidelines/how to instructions on Workbench?
The pet care signs are not supposed to go up. Go on to workbench or to tools -> communication about that pet care sign. There is a weekly q4 tab that tells you all the deals for the week & print extra signs in PDF. District mgt has been out to stores looking for certain signs that are on the list from q4 weekly report only. My mgt checks the report on Saturday or Sunday am to make sure all deal signs printed.
For complete info on sign training, go to Functional best practices on the main page under promotional signing.

Also check under hq signs on the zebra.

I never use my personal phone one the floor for work stuff, but I do sometimes log into the Target app on the zebra to check on something if I can't figure it out by scanning shelf labels. Agreed that some signs aren't clearly worded, but that seems sort of rare? If there's doubt or it's just way too confusing from a guest perspective, I'll leave it down because putting it up is only going to create problems for the front end. The ad is no longer printed in hard copy so the guest has to go online anyway unless they just wander the store looking for signage.
My gripe when it comes to ad set is the number of 7x11 signs sent. Happens pretty much every week that I get 2 of a sign when I could use a lot more and have to make copies AND get a ton of another sign where I need maybe only 1 or 2.

Ad process for the company needs a rehaul. Just way too many things on sale that we don't get sent signs for, and often times can't even make signs for. ChatBots aren't useful 'cause the likelihood of them being replied to during the promotional period is essentially zero. eBatches usually include 95% of everything we definitely do not need a sign for.

Recently, Grin Studios products on the Toys TWall were on sale, but we couldn't make a generic x% off 7x11 sign for the endcap. The 7x11's always printed the price point for the specific item we scanned. Luckily, I was able to access the "Signing detailed View" card from Store OPS iRad to find a "lead DPCI" that enabled me to print a 7x11 advertising the % off all their product. Fast forward to today, and the same process doesn't work. I was forced to print a PDF the vendor gave me in order to advertise the 30% off prices.

Unacceptable.

There is a way to make your own generic 7x11 signs on WorkBench. From the main page, go to Business Area>Visual Merchandising. Click on In Store Marketing, then scroll down until you see 2 options for sign templates. One uses the dollar sign for a round number price and the other uses a decimal. Click on either one and then click to print the PDF. From there, you can edit the sign to say the brand on top & a description if needed and then you should be able to change the price to a percent off. And it will print with the Target bullseye so it will look brand.

Our Grin Studio vendor created their own make-shift sign and it was awful. It looked like a cut & paste ransom note! 🤦🏻‍♀️

There is a way to make your own generic 7x11 signs on WorkBench. From the main page, go to Business Area>Visual Merchandising. Click on In Store Marketing, then scroll down until you see 2 options for sign templates. One uses the dollar sign for a round number price and the other uses a decimal. Click on either one and then click to print the PDF. From there, you can edit the sign to say the brand on top & a description if needed and then you should be able to change the price to a percent off. And it will print with the Target bullseye so it will look brand.

Our Grin Studio vendor created their own make-shift sign and it was awful. It looked like a cut & paste ransom note! 🤦🏻‍♀️
Woah! I'm going to try this. Many cheers if I can figure it out!

Back