Archived is there really a point to counts when you STO or LOCU in "bulk" stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
who honestly counts 9 pallets of notebooks and pallets of water, i locu all the bulk twice a week and i just enter massive numbers for em :D furniture is a pain too, scan key 1 over and over makes a 5min project last 30mins

I wouldn't locu. The count is written on the pipo pallet. It should be easy. But there should be attempt to push the pipo by flow team to Floor first to maintain your br score.

Last edited:
who honestly counts 9 pallets of notebooks and pallets of water, i locu all the bulk twice a week and i just enter massive numbers for em :D furniture is a pain too, scan key 1 over and over makes a 5min project last 30mins

Pallets of water? I've never had to enter a quantity when Sto'ing in a water pallet.

Pallets of water? I've never had to enter a quantity when Sto'ing in a water pallet.

Not PIPO water but stuff like pallets of notebooks are counted. If i'm feeling lazy I'll just re-enter whatever the existing quantity is.

The initial back to school notebook pallets came as assortment pallets (an assortment of all the same item, but still!) so you have to count those manually.

Honestly the fact that you have to locu the bulk twice a week might be a bigger concern.

The entire counting thing is the only thing left over by that disater that passed for a summer software update last year. It is easier to make mistakes and less productive than the old Y/N system and really serves no purpose. I can only assume we still have it because somebody though at least one thing they wasted all that time and money on from that update should be kept. Just because it makes the job harder is of no concern to them.

Not PIPO water but stuff like pallets of notebooks are counted. If i'm feeling lazy I'll just re-enter whatever the existing quantity is.

The initial back to school notebook pallets came as assortment pallets (an assortment of all the same item, but still!) so you have to count those manually.

Honestly the fact that you have to locu the bulk twice a week might be a bigger concern.
i locu all of bulk on our 2 truck days, when pipo comes off truck i work it then condense pallets and throw the new stuff up and locu. lately my TL has been mad cuz my counts are 100%, like if theres 867 notebooks i usually just enter some high ass number like 950-1000 so it doesnt pull itself out of loc. cut my hours and spread me thin and ask me to count pallets of notebooks :mad:

Bts is back! Wait till you get markers, scissors & 2 types of notebooks. Oh yeah, don't forget black comp books or cartons 24 count.

I think that counting with locations might have been put into place to serve a purpose in the future moreso than right now... I agree, there is absolutely no reason for it at this time but you have to think of it as an investment in the infrastructure to our store that will (hopefully) be taken advantage of in the years to come! I also think that it is a relatively new thing, and there WILL be kinks in how we do things... the system is constantly changing, and Target will eventually learn that its stupid to count certain items outside of PIPO pallets and chips!

On the topic.... My suggestion to Target would be to have some sort of exception ratio into the accumulator/location system! Basically an item should reach a large enough trigger of OH vs capacity or just OH... and once it hits that number it shouldn't be required to be counted! So for example, we have tons pencils come in for back to school... after todays truck we just hit 501 OH and the trigger was 500, so it stops requiring us to count them when we backstock (just a thought?)

I think that counting with locations might have been put into place to serve a purpose in the future moreso than right now... I agree, there is absolutely no reason for it at this time but you have to think of it as an investment in the infrastructure to our store that will (hopefully) be taken advantage of in the years to come! I also think that it is a relatively new thing, and there WILL be kinks in how we do things... the system is constantly changing, and Target will eventually learn that its stupid to count certain items outside of PIPO pallets and chips!

On the topic.... My suggestion to Target would be to have some sort of exception ratio into the accumulator/location system! Basically an item should reach a large enough trigger of OH vs capacity or just OH... and once it hits that number it shouldn't be required to be counted! So for example, we have tons pencils come in for back to school... after todays truck we just hit 501 OH and the trigger was 500, so it stops requiring us to count them when we backstock (just a thought?)

Well the purpose was that it was suppose to work hand in hand with the way things would pull in the summer update. It would take you to WACOs if enough were in the WACOs to meet the fill and skip the WACOs and go for a case pack if that is what it needed. So it was not intended for the future it was suppose to be a part of last summers update. Of course none of that worked and created a big mess leading to it being removed over the next two updates leaving only the counting behind. Maybe they will try that entire system again when they work all the issues out and thats why they left the counting in. Although to be honest I really think it was just so somebody could claim that the summer update was not a 100% failure.

Well the purpose was that it was suppose to work hand in hand with the way things would pull in the summer update. It would take you to WACOs if enough were in the WACOs to meet the fill and skip the WACOs and go for a case pack if that is what it needed. So it was not intended for the future it was suppose to be a part of last summers update. Of course none of that worked and created a big mess leading to it being removed over the next two updates leaving only the counting behind. Maybe they will try that entire system again when they work all the issues out and thats why they left the counting in. Although to be honest I really think it was just so somebody could claim that the summer update was not a 100% failure.

As far as I was aware the casepack logic was turned off... but when it pulls it still looks at WACO vs WACO to determine which one its going to pull from... but that is besides the point...

If you ask me... I think the BIGGEST reason we are adding this system into stores is because it is a more accurate way to keep a perpetual inventory system! I completely agree, the old system was far simpler (and in my opinion efficient) way of doing a backroom, but there are alot of lose ends with that way, and we only find mistakes once the items run out! I think Target is waiting for this new system to settle into place and letting stores sort out how to keep a green accuracy score, and then they are going to implement a system that combines the information from the backroom counts with OH numbers! Think about it... Right now if Instocks counts something on the floor with a RIG and the OH number is 50, they count 4 on the floor and there are 16 in the back... why doesn't it flag to find the missing 30 or just fix it for us? Its useful information that isn't getting used in the accumulator!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back