Archived Is this against Target policy for TMs (return policy)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart621

Flow Driver
I bought Batman Arkham Origins last 10/25 and WWE2K14 last 10/29.

Now Target's having a B2G1 free next week. Planning to get both games mentioned above, and Battlefield 4, then return the games using my receipts from the original purchase.

This is not against Target policy for team members, right?

Now Target's having a B2G1 free next week. Planning to get both games mentioned above, and Battlefield 4, then return the games using my receipts from the original purchase.

I wouldn't think it was appropriate.

If they're open, you won't be able to return them

The ones I'm buying in the deal are the ones I'm returning but using the old receipts, same exact games I bough at the same store.

Because it was within your item return time frame, you should be able to just bring in your receipt and receive the free game, as long as the game you're getting in addition to the first two is of equal or lesser value. Worst case scenario you have to pay a ten dollar difference.

It's fine. I worked there 9 years and rebought stuff that went clearance and returned it on the non-clearance receipt all the time. No one ever said a word.

Because it was within your item return time frame, you should be able to just bring in your receipt and receive the free game, as long as the game you're getting in addition to the first two is of equal or lesser value. Worst case scenario you have to pay a ten dollar difference.

That's what I'm thinking. I know if you buy something and it went on sale next week, you can go to guest service and get the difference. Wasn't sure how they approached with deals like this one.

Batman Arkham Origins and WWE2K14 were $60 when I bought them. The game I'm getting is Battlefield 4, which is $60.

It's fine. I worked there 9 years and rebought stuff that went clearance and returned it on the non-clearance receipt all the time. No one ever said a word.

So you returned it with a different receipt to get your money back?
Garranteed this is wrong. It's not ok for guests, so it's not ok for team members.
Just because no one has said anything doesn't mean it's ok.
Ask any aptl or etl-ap.

That's what I'm thinking. I know if you buy something and it went on sale next week, you can go to guest service and get the difference. Wasn't sure how they approached with deals like this one.

Batman Arkham Origins and WWE2K14 were $60 when I bought them. The game I'm getting is Battlefield 4, which is $60.

Yeah, definitely ask your gstl and or ap to confirm but if a guest had brought their receipt in that was within the 30 days they would get the free game at our store. Part of the whole Vibe deal really. I'd be slightly concerned about receipt fraud but I believe the original receipt is voided once they create the new one.

Your Arkham Origins game is beyond the 14-day "match target print-ad" service we offer, so technically speaking this is something we shouldn't do... You could get away with it if the games you're planning on returning aren't opened, but look at it this way: It's one thing for a guest to make unethical returns, but think about how it'd looks when it's a team member doing an unethical return.

Edit: If it was all within those 14 days I'd probably do a sketchy work-around to vibe out a transaction with the guest, but only if they brought in the originally purchased video games and receipt. I'd feel much more comfortable if this entire transaction happened in store and the purchased games that were intended to be returned didn't leave the front doors.

Last edited:
Do it at a different store without using your TM discount card. Just to be on the safe side, I guess.

Sorry its not possible. You can only do same title exchanges due to defect.

The 14 day price match only works if the item is listed as On Sale in the ad.

So you returned it with a different receipt to get your money back?
Garranteed this is wrong. It's not ok for guests, so it's not ok for team members.
Just because no one has said anything doesn't mean it's ok.
Ask any aptl or etl-ap.

Why? I bought two at different times and returned the higher priced one within the stated return policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back