Archived Is this considered as workplace violence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart621

Flow Driver
I just want to talk to a fellow TM. Very stubborn and she hates to admit she's wrong. When I try to ask her if we can talk, she'll just say no.

Got fed up so I just said if she's done being mad and find excuses to avoid the problem, then tell me if she's ready to talk. She then let me know she'll get her husband involved.

is there more information you can give without outing yourself? She may feel threatened by your insistence.....

I think I would report it on general principals, it might be just her way to get you to back off but on the other hand I have redneck friends who would push it to that level.
You probably should have talked to another TL about interceding so you could have a chat with her without it seeming like you were pushing.

is there more information you can give without outing yourself? She may feel threatened by your insistence.....

That's the thing. It's more a personal issue between "friends" but she's making me look like the bad guy and trying to make it as a work issue even though most of the time we work at different times. She hates to admit that she's wrong and trying to make me I'm the bad one. Hell, even two TMs trying to help the tension between us but no avail because she's very stubborn. I'm thinking it's an age issue too since I'm about 15 year younger than her and doesnt like to make herself the wrong person.

Let it go. Till it become a distraction at work, then ask a tl or hr for help. Document everything, too. Sounds like some politics are rolling.

Last edited:
Speaking from personal experience, don't bring up personal stuff at work. If she doesn't want to talk, you should drop it or she might go to hr.

Had a similar thing happen to me, but I came out okay from it.

Ah, I thought we were talking about a work issue.
Should have got more info before I gave advice.
In that case sounds like Hardlinesmaster has the best handle on things.

Ah, I thought we were talking about a work issue.
Should have got more info before I gave advice.
In that case sounds like Hardlinesmaster has the best handle on things.
We dont have complete info. Friend or tm? The word I had misspelled was distraction, FYI.

When you asked her if you could talk and she said "no" that should have been the end of it. If you needed to speak on a work related item that would be different. But if you continued after she told you no she could in theory make it look like you were harassing her.

Since it is not a work related issue, and she already told you No, then you must back down or it will be harassment on your end. If someone kept bugging me about non work related stuff at work, I would either go to HR or handle the matter myself.

Just ignore her. Is she doesn't want to talk to you then respect that and don't talk to her. Who gives a **** who is right and who is wrong. No one likes to admit they are wrong but at the same time no one likes it when someone points it out or presses the issue either. Stop bringing other TM's into your drama also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back