Archived is this considered "unsafe acts"?

• Thread starter TargetHopeful2012
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TargetHopeful2012

I was in my store that I'm training in shopping today & my daughter got onto the the cart where the handle bars are and stepped up onto the ledge & i got behind her and pushed the cart. She Is 6 and thinks she's helping me push the cart... Its something we have always done before so i allowed her to do it at Target without thinking that it could be "unsafe". After a few minutes i felt uncomfortable, like maybe he shouldn't be doing this so i stopped and asked a tl "can she be on the cart like this?" And he said " not really..." So i immediately told her to get down... And we continued shopping. So like usual i am panicking wondering if i can get into trouble and terminated for that or it would be considered "unsafe acts" for which I could be fired although i was not on the clock if the TL reports me.

I mean is that something that I could be reported for? Feel free to laugh at me, but I'm wondering if i could be fired for that although i wasnt on the clock? I'm just trying to get acustommed to Target's policies etc so that I understand what is it is not acceptable. Feel free to ridicule me for this post but please provide some advice so I can have some peace of mind, or continue to freak out if necessary :)

Not something you could get fired for but at least you were being a responsible parent by asking her to get down.
I can't count the number of instances of cart-surfing (laying on the bottom shelf of the cart) where kids have had fingers run over, nails ripped off, hair caught (had to cut one little girl's locks while her mom griped), carts tipping because kids were hanging on one side & Mom turned too sharp, toddlers standing up & toppling out head-first, fingers pinched when moving the kiddie seat, etc.

The scary ones are kids who stand up in a cart & start climbing out of the cart. The parent is not paying attention or on the cell phone.

Hi my name is Commiecorvus and I let my daughter ride on the bottom of the shopping cart.
At least till the day that she stuck her fingers in the wheel and tore a fingernail off.
Yea, you kinda don't make that mistake again.

I'm still within my 90 days so i was concerned.. I know that i couldn't be placed on CA and would be terminated i were to commit Ann unsafe Act so..... You guys are doubtful that i would be termed for daughter being on the cart...?

Hi my name is Commiecorvus and I let my daughter ride on the bottom of the shopping cart.
At least till the day that she stuck her fingers in the wheel and tore a fingernail off.
Yea, you kinda don't make that mistake again.

I'm sorry that happened to your daughter :(. My daughter stepped up on the ledge and held onto the bars and i got directly behind her and pushed the cart sp i was standing right behind her.. But i realize now that there is a risk although nothing has ever happened
And she won't be doing that again....i just don't want to get termed over it.

Sadly, you'll see a lot worse happen - most of it as a result of parent inattention.
You'll also get reamed for accidents that parents clearly could've prevented but their humiliation turns them into idiots.
Just promise yourself never to let your children do any of those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back