Archived Is this just my store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to look on the back of the card one time, and some old fuck got all smug "Look on the back of the card" because it said "see ID" and I was on back-up and didn't care and he was all proud getting his ID out like that was the best moment of his week,

this was over a year ago

why do i remember this

I forgot to look on the back of the card one time, and some old fuck got all smug "Look on the back of the card" because it said "see ID" and I was on back-up and didn't care and he was all proud getting his ID out like that was the best moment of his week,

this was over a year ago

why do i remember this

SIR - See ID, is not the cardholders signature or name. This card is invalid. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be able to accept this as a form of Payment. Do you have cash or another card on hand?

(No I haven't said it, yet.. But, it's true. "See ID" technically, makes your Visa Card null & void.)

SIR - See ID, is not the cardholders signature or name. This card is invalid. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be able to accept this as a form of Payment. Do you have cash or another card on hand?

(No I haven't said it, yet.. But, it's true. "See ID" technically, makes your Visa Card null & void.)

OOOOHHHHHH I WISH I KNEW THAT THEN

We are not suppose to ask for id, unless you see it on back of the card.

Official Target Policy was... if the signature panel, is not signed... and the transaction was suspicious, a team member could ask for additional identification (such as state issued id/driver's license)

Technically, we're not allowed to ask for a driver's license, if the signature panel is signed. It's against Target's merchant agreement with the credit card networks (Visa/MC/Amex/Discover).

I'm not sure if that's still in effect or not. But... we ran with it, quite a few times at my store. ;)

;)

So, my etl ap told everybody that we no longer accept credit as payment for visa,mastercard,amex giftcards. I was wondering is this something he made up or was this a corporate decision.

This is completely correct. You can still use Prepaid Debit Cards to pay off the Amex REDcard and the Visa, you just can't use Credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back