Archived Is this new policy only in my store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our store new policy is not to enter or leave the store via the main door and to only use TSC door and Who ever don't follow the policy will be coached. According to our store manager is to ensure the store protocol.

Thanks for sharing your opinions.

Our store new policy is not to enter or leave the store via the main door and to only use TSC door and Who ever don't follow the policy will be coached. According to our store manager is to ensure the store protocol.

Thanks for sharing your opinions.

Not sure why this would even be a store policy.

That doesn't make any sense to me. I know that anyone coming at 4 usually enters through the TSC door but any other time you go in through the main door or the employee entrance off the main door.

The Target I worked at had the TSC upstairs.... Only way in was through the main doors.

When I worked at that grocery store last summer helping with their remodel we had an employee entrance with a keypad.

Walmart, meh, its 24 hours. Only after 10pm the GM doors are locked and you have tio enter though the grocery side.

I have seen this policy come and go,its right there with keeping the fixture room locked,it wont last long especially if you do not clock out until some one is there to open the door for you and allow you to leave.

It's all different depending on the store. For my old store, you went in/out through the main doors during open hours, but if the store was closed, you would use the door by TSC.

At my current store, everybody goes in and out through the main doors. If we're closed, then somebody has to let you in/out.

What I find funny though is, when we leave after close, they want us to use the buddy system. I'm not saying it's a bad idea or anything like that, but doing carts, I'm already outside, by myself, for most of the night to begin with. So to me, it's just comical considering that.

It's all different depending on the store. For my old store, you went in/out through the main doors during open hours, but if the store was closed, you would use the door by TSC.

At my current store, everybody goes in and out through the main doors. If we're closed, then somebody has to let you in/out.

What I find funny though is, when we leave after close, they want us to use the buddy system. I'm not saying it's a bad idea or anything like that, but doing carts, I'm already outside, by myself, for most of the night to begin with. So to me, it's just comical considering that.

Lol our Safety vests are our protectors

I've challenged the fixture room being locked. I hate it being locked. There is a policy for AP to "control the keys to Fixtures". They are referring to the GPS Fixtures, IPOD, etc., but inexperienced management takes that to mean the fixture room. Their concern is more for hidden merchandise than for the fixture room staying clean.

If you are in a store where you have an separate employee entrance, it is still the rule for every tm to enter and leave through that door. Its a policy in place to control employee theft.

We don't have a TSC door. If we did, it would open out to a five story fall to the ground. So yes, that is the policy at our store as well.

We don't have a door for TSC, though there are 2 fire doors. We have to go in and out through the main entrance. Doors are opened a few minutes before the shifts start then locked until the store opens at 8. At night, doors are locked at 10, tm's that are out at 10 are let out a few minutes later and then the 10:30 people leave all together.

In our store we use TSC door when there is somebody in HR, after HR goes home (around 4:30) then we use the front doors.

At my store, before 8am & after 11pm, use the tsc exit. During open hours, we use guest entrances. There is not always someone in tsc to open the door. Your store may have a high thief rate by tm.

It's the rule du jour. It'll be enforced only until it becomes incovenient for leadership.

I've challenged the fixture room being locked. I hate it being locked. There is a policy for AP to "control the keys to Fixtures". They are referring to the GPS Fixtures, IPOD, etc., but inexperienced management takes that to mean the fixture room. Their concern is more for hidden merchandise than for the fixture room staying clean.

If you are in a store where you have an separate employee entrance, it is still the rule for every tm to enter and leave through that door. Its a policy in place to control employee theft.

I could see some advantages to having the fixture room being locked.
If it was clean it would stay clean (or at least you would know who had dumped stuff).

In theory it sounds good, but it absolutely doesn't work! No one uses the correct fixtures when setting endcaps, they dump fixtures in front of the door, leave carts of fixtures throughout the store, plano forgets to bring a fixture with them, back room can not come and go to read their reports or print labels, team can not print labels and signs at will and so on..
etl will not open the door, so its up to the tl or the signing person to stop what their doing to open it.

Just doesn't work in reality.

Cleaning every day for 15-30 minutes & Hunting down offenders works for me.

Yea, I figured that was what would happen.
It sounds lovely but there are always hidden side effect that you don't see.
Thanks for the window into that world.

At my store there is always someone at TSC and we are supposed to come and go through TSC. However if it's after work and we're off the clock shopping some people will leave through the main doors.

our store was always policy to use TSC all the time. however now they are cutting hours and don't want to schedule an hr or clerical all the time (they don't even let someone cover their breaks, this used to be standard so that the TSC door was in use and the phone was answered, we're really high volume and never used to fitting room for calls outside of emergencies until this past year or so) and often TSC is empty now with the HR tms in the etl hr's office. works out great when they want to up equipment control and everything is locked, no one is at TSC and the LOD is in the back near a compactor and no etls want to come up to tsc................great idea guys......

Like I said, a rule du jour that gets enforced only until it inconveniences the h### out of the ETLs before being dropped like a hot rock.

Considering how different each Target is, I'm surprised that this rule exists.

Like most, my store doesn't have a door in TSC at all. We only have fire doors. Would that mean that a LOD would have to disarm and re-arm the door every time to let a team member in or out? What logical sense does this make ...... wait .. what am I saying?

Logical?

Last edited:
We don't have the TSC door, just an emergency exit. We have to use the main doors.

Like I said, a rule du jour that gets enforced only until it inconveniences the h### out of the ETLs before being dropped like a hot rock.

My store made a rule like this when they started locking the walkie/PDA cabinet after someone got termed for stealing equipment. Only an HR TM or LOD could open the cabinet and we were required to sign out everything. But then the ETLs got sick of having to run to the TSC to open the cabinet, so now they leave it unlocked most of the time (but we still have to sign out equipment).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back