Archived It has to end sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever soul I had when I started this job back when I was 18 back in 2007 is long gone.
I'm 99% sure I got a job at a new company. I will post the name if I get the job. I'm sure most of you will know it, as it's pretty well known.
11/hr Part time and then after 4 months, full time is available. First 3 months is sitting in a classroom training.

I was hoping to be able to make this post once I got the 100% that this new job would be mine, but I can't wait anymore, and any prayers or good vibes you have should help.

IF I do have the job, I should be starting next week. If I don't then I will continue what I am doing at Target and posting my resume on lamp posts and missing children boards. JK :p

In the past, I guess, year, I slowly stopped caring for Target as much as I did when I was younger and more stupid. Then everything fell apart when they tried to get me to sign a paper for a write up of which I did not deserve, or do anything to cause.
After that they stopped caring, so I did too.

I was scolded. Ignored. Got 15 hrs a week. Eyes rolled at. So I stopped caring. Given 3 hour shifts where I had to do the CO AND a laundry list of other tasks that couldn't be done with in that time frame. (And blowing my ETL away when I was able to do all of it and still be able to take a break, which are rare for the CO at my store)

I couldn't juggle the loss of two family members (one was a dog but still family) within a week of each other, my husband becoming so ill he lost his job last week, and the BS that Spot hands me so of course I started to crumble.

I picked my self up before I was too broken to continue, spent 8 hours filling out applications for everything and anything. The next day, my husband was fired from his job because he's missed weeks of work from some unknown illness. About an hour after they called him and told him he was being let go, the same company called me asking if I was still interested in the job.
I had an interview Wednesday. I happened to get my husbands former boss so I thought I was in deep ****.

I guess they liked me because they "decided you're a good fit and want to continue with the hiring process"

I called back today and I still haven't got the 100% but they said they are "waiting for the results of the background check and are hoping to start a class next week" and that's exactly what my husband heard when they hired him.

If I do get it, I don't know what I am going to do and how I am going to go about leaving target.

The ***** in me wants to go in to the CO and do the most evil things I can do without causing any legal harm to myself. Like send back the entire safe balance with the deposit but knowing me, I'll finish the day, not caring if I balance or not and stare into the CO for a few minutes saying good bye.

Whatever. All I know is I won't be doing my 2 weeks unless I work something out with HR and have them schedule me ONE day in two weeks and depending on the time of the shift, call out.
Or I'll go in and be like, I got a new job, I quit and walk out.

I'll see. I was HOPING I would know if I have the job on Wednesday (tomorrow) so I could screw them over for Assessments but I guess I'll have to deal with that tomorrow, haha.

But yeah. Although this job is still Customer Service, getting out of Target may restore what little life I have left in me.

I'll be heartbroken if I don't get this job but I know it'll have to be for a reason and I'll keep searching. I think this is my way out though. I'm really hoping it is.

I'll answer any questions you guys have. :D

Aw man, re-balancing the whole safe/deposit? They never would've pulled that on me. They knew better.

Aw man, re-balancing the whole safe/deposit? They never would've pulled that on me. They knew better.

I had a few moments where I sat and thought about all the evil stuff I could do back when I had a CO TM I HATED. I couldn't think about doing it to this one though.

I'm even being considerate enough to quit on a day where she comes in the next day so she doesn't get forced to work on her day off. lol

I remember you became GSA around the time I did I think?? :)
April 2010 was my GSA date.

And I don't plan on leaving, even if I get the job, I'm sticking around here.

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for the job.
I don't hate Target so much as the people I work with. I miss my other store more and more everyday. That was the best store I've ever worked at and it's where I met my husband.

But yeah, I'll definitely keep you guys posted on what's happening.

Thank you guys. I love you all, even you StupidRules, even though you terrify me haha.

I remember you became GSA around the time I did I think?? :)
April 2010 was my GSA date.

And I don't plan on leaving, even if I get the job, I'm sticking around here.

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for the job.
I don't hate Target so much as the people I work with. I miss my other store more and more everyday. That was the best store I've ever worked at and it's where I met my husband.

But yeah, I'll definitely keep you guys posted on what's happening.

Thank you guys. I love you all, even you StupidRules, even though you terrify me haha.

Hmm thats odd, I was August 2011. I wonder why I thought that ? :<

I loved working at Target and enjoyed being a GSA for the most part. I just hated dealing with my bosses and their unrealistic expectations that they would dump on me. It all started after I distanced myself from them and refused to be a part of their "vibe clique" or whatever you want to call it.... Such BS. I can kind of relate to you in a bit.

You will feel an enormous sense of relief after getting out, believe me! :)

Whatever soul I had when I started this job back when I was 18 back in 2007 is long gone.
I'm 99% sure I got a job at a new company. I will post the name if I get the job. I'm sure most of you will know it, as it's pretty well known.
11/hr Part time and then after 4 months, full time is available. First 3 months is sitting in a classroom training.

I was hoping to be able to make this post once I got the 100% that this new job would be mine, but I can't wait anymore, and any prayers or good vibes you have should help.

IF I do have the job, I should be starting next week. If I don't then I will continue what I am doing at Target and posting my resume on lamp posts and missing children boards. JK :p

In the past, I guess, year, I slowly stopped caring for Target as much as I did when I was younger and more stupid. Then everything fell apart when they tried to get me to sign a paper for a write up of which I did not deserve, or do anything to cause.
After that they stopped caring, so I did too.

I was scolded. Ignored. Got 15 hrs a week. Eyes rolled at. So I stopped caring. Given 3 hour shifts where I had to do the CO AND a laundry list of other tasks that couldn't be done with in that time frame. (And blowing my ETL away when I was able to do all of it and still be able to take a break, which are rare for the CO at my store)

I couldn't juggle the loss of two family members (one was a dog but still family) within a week of each other, my husband becoming so ill he lost his job last week, and the BS that Spot hands me so of course I started to crumble.

I picked my self up before I was too broken to continue, spent 8 hours filling out applications for everything and anything. The next day, my husband was fired from his job because he's missed weeks of work from some unknown illness. About an hour after they called him and told him he was being let go, the same company called me asking if I was still interested in the job.
I had an interview Wednesday. I happened to get my husbands former boss so I thought I was in deep ****.

I guess they liked me because they "decided you're a good fit and want to continue with the hiring process"

I called back today and I still haven't got the 100% but they said they are "waiting for the results of the background check and are hoping to start a class next week" and that's exactly what my husband heard when they hired him.

If I do get it, I don't know what I am going to do and how I am going to go about leaving target.

The ***** in me wants to go in to the CO and do the most evil things I can do without causing any legal harm to myself. Like send back the entire safe balance with the deposit but knowing me, I'll finish the day, not caring if I balance or not and stare into the CO for a few minutes saying good bye.

Whatever. All I know is I won't be doing my 2 weeks unless I work something out with HR and have them schedule me ONE day in two weeks and depending on the time of the shift, call out.
Or I'll go in and be like, I got a new job, I quit and walk out.

I'll see. I was HOPING I would know if I have the job on Wednesday (tomorrow) so I could screw them over for Assessments but I guess I'll have to deal with that tomorrow, haha.

But yeah. Although this job is still Customer Service, getting out of Target may restore what little life I have left in me.

I'll be heartbroken if I don't get this job but I know it'll have to be for a reason and I'll keep searching. I think this is my way out though. I'm really hoping it is.

I'll answer any questions you guys have. :D

I hope you get that new job! You (and everyone) deserves to be respected & appreciated even if they are working at poverty level jobs.

As far as revenge before you are finally free, I know how you feel & it's healthy to fantasize about leaving them a message. But I think you walk out with your head held high & on good terms because you never know if one day you are forced to come crawling back even to a depressing & terrible job. You might need Target again if it survives being decimated by this CEO.

And honestly, I don't think the problem is with the TLs & ETLs, I think the real problem with this company comes directly from corporations disastrous edicts, their bottomless personal greed & disdain for the employees who are so easy to abuse.

As far as revenge before you are finally free, I know how you feel & it's healthy to fantasize about leaving them a message. But I think you walk out with your head held high & on good terms because you never know if one day you are forced to come crawling back even to a depressing & terrible job. You might need Target again if it survives being decimated by this CEO.

I'm all bark, no bite. In the end, I know the only thing Target will have against me is that I may not be able to do my two weeks. Part of me thinking about keeping Target as a second job for a few weeks catch up with the bills that my husbands unemployment and doctor bills left us. I don't actually see myself doing anything negative as far as revenge, ahah.

I am usually only c.o. so I very rarely stay past 11am anyways and i THINK the training classes are 1-5pm.
I may be tired but I should work 2 jobs.

Don't forget to stop by when you need soul-soothing or to kvetch.
Someone's always in the house here. ;)

I'm all bark, no bite. In the end, I know the only thing Target will have against me is that I may not be able to do my two weeks. Part of me thinking about keeping Target as a second job for a few weeks catch up with the bills that my husbands unemployment and doctor bills left us. I don't actually see myself doing anything negative as far as revenge, ahah.

I am usually only c.o. so I very rarely stay past 11am anyways and i THINK the training classes are 1-5pm.
I may be tired but I should work 2 jobs.

I worked 2 jobs from April 2011 until I quit both in August 2012. It's exhausting and Target got annoying with scheduling, but luckily I had a great manager at my second job who worked around it.

Hope you get the job and things start to look brighter for you. :)

I got the job!
I just NOW got the call like 5 minutes ago saying I start Monday.

I am a tad sad that I will have to burn my bridge with Target since I won't be able to keep both jobs until training is over but at the same time, I am like, I never want to return to target.

I'm going to talk to my STL tomorrow about me quitting on good terms but not doing my two weeks.

good luck! We have quite a bunch of Tms leaving lately too. Every time another one quits i feel a slight stab in the heart and wonder why I just can't seem to get my butt moving to do the same. They all end up with jobs that make them smile (for now.... i think they are mostly smiling because they are leaving Spot first and foremost) and I am truly happy for them, and I beg each one of them to take me with them, but for some reason I never hear from them again. :)

Thank you all.

I wasn't able to talk to anyone today. They were all out doing a team build at some park and we only had fill in LOD's so i'm going to tell them tomorrow

My new job will be at Newegg.com :D I'm pretty excited for it.

It's hard to get your butt moving, thats why i stayed at target for 5 years and hated the last year of it.

Thanks everyone. But I'll still be here :D

Thank you!
I haven't been more excited and terrified of anything haha.

That's pretty cool, actually! So you're working at their office?

Yup. One of their two locations.

My general location is now revealed but since I won't be with Target much longer and I haven't said anything too incriminating other than nameless rants, I don't think it matters TOO much. And the fact that my house has about 5 Targets within a 30 minute drive, it's hard to narrow down.

I was stoked when I realized Newegg was so close to home. I was like OMG THIS IS SO AWESOME. I was a fangirl of Newegg since I was 17 Haha

Annie!
About how long after I leave will I be getting my Pension check thing.

My husband got his after like a month from being termed at target, should I expect the same timeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back