ITM Inbound

Does anyone have ITM setup in your DC's inbound department?

Does it have a line that connects to the sorter, or is everything (conveyable flow, breakpack flow) thrown in carts instead?

Ours is thrown in carts. Last I knew only 1 DC had theirs connected to the mezz so far, not sure when/if others will be tied in. I also thought we had parts for a 2nd ITM sitting in a trailer in the truck yard, but who knows when that will ever be installed if its even still there.

It would sure save the tugger a lot of cart moving if it was connected to the mezz.

Does anyone have ITM setup in your DC's inbound department?

Does it have a line that connects to the sorter, or is everything (conveyable flow, breakpack flow) thrown in carts instead?
Sorry what’s ITM? I work in warehouse but have flexed to most depts at least once. Been here almost 4 years but still learning

Sorry what’s ITM? I work in warehouse but have flexed to most depts at least once. Been here almost 4 years but still learning
New process, not all DCs have yet (last I knew). I will let someone who knows more explain the details.

ITM is supposed to be a simplified version of ART (automatic spacing. DPCIs sorted) The trucks that can be used are very limited (no non-con can be run on it) If there is noncon it has to be small and light. We put our flow in cage carts. That sums up ITM in general.

Back