It's a little too much at this store...

I've been here for 5 years, going on 6.

The environment is horrible now.

I loved Target be before but they fired EVERYONE and I hate work there anymore.

I'm going to put in last shifts but I really despise how Target treats people and YES, I could name INDIVIDUALS that suck! Just because you are behind the target name doesn't mean you are not the most suckful person on the face of the goddamn planet and I will always hate you.

I will always know you by your real name not just Target name.

You are the most horrible person on the face of the goddamn planet. You idiot TL, ETL, STL or whatever target his name do nowadays because one can't even keep up with damn thing.

Corporate is so disconnected from stores it's ridiculous.

if there's one post that's been ever made to the target break room it's this one.
It's obvious to me by the way that Target shoved these idiotic people into my store that has caused so much disruption that we can't even function and hate to go to work that Target doesn't give flying f*** about their employees. PERIOD!

I'm going to put in last shifts but I really despise how Target treats people and YES, I could name INDIVIDUALS that suck! Just because you are behind the target name doesn't mean you are not the most suckful person on the face of the goddamn planet and I will always hate you.

You are the most horrible person on the face of the goddamn planet. You idiot TL, ETL, STL or whatever target his name do nowadays because one can't even keep up with damn thing.

if there's one post that's been ever made to the target break room it's this one.
It's obvious to me by the way that Target shoved these idiotic people into my store that has caused so much disruption that we can't even function and hate to go to work that Target doesn't give flying f*** about their employees. PERIOD!
Man facts, It’s all corporate greed and managers want you to work for them so hard and if you call out or something then it’s a big deal or whatever. I have a feeling I’ll be finding a new job within the next year.

This is something that happens in retail.
I'm willing to bet not all of the people were fired, that some of them found better work and moved on.
You just remember the ones who were fired most vividly.
And the new people who have come in don't all suck.
Many of them do of course, but it's just they don't stack up well against the people who left.

You are young, and I'm not saying that as an insult, but you haven't had a chance to get inured to the bullshit that goes on in retail.
Or any job for that matter.
At least you didn't have to learn by having chefs throwing shit at you and calling you an idiot.
(I really don't recommend working in a commercial kitchen unless you have a very thick skin.)

Sorry got off track.

I'm not defending Spot.
They have bad policies for how they hire their management and how easy it is to develop clicks.
They tend to put making money over how well their employees are treated but that is an indictment of capitalism in general.

If you hate the job this much, don't let it harm you mentally.
Go find another job and if you are lucky it won't suck.
You had some good years at the store and you know what you want out of a job.
Go find that.

Been with Target for years. It changed me a lot as a person. I have to admit I like the way things were when I started. My first year I felt like we were family. Our store manager knows us not just by our name but with some things that go with our lives. We actually have like an annual holiday potluck and everyone gets to celebrate and it was really fun. Now couple of years later, it’s all about metrics and how much we are making. How fast we are working etc. Also management versus regualr team members and people don’t seem to trust each anymore. My fondest moments are always going to be when I first got at Target. After a couple of years, I have become jaded when it comes to working in retail. I am still here for the money because it’s a good part time for me and they work with my schedule. Once I am caught up with my financial situation, I will finally try to break free from Target labor. I have to admit I learned how to deal with people and situations. Also now I know what I want and need in the job and luckily I am working full time at a job that appreciates and values me. I have no regrets working for Target. Yeah it gets frustrating and crazy at times, but I learned to manage not to get it to me.

Spot doesnt give a fuck about employees, but having worked here for much longer then that, and in multiple stores. I can tell you it goes in waves, sometimes stores are good sometimes they are bad. I will say the general vibe of target was much bettee during the fast fun and friendly days, but even then it had its ups and downs

Been with Target for years. It changed me a lot as a person. I have to admit I like the way things were when I started. My first year I felt like we were family. Our store manager knows us not just by our name but with some things that go with our lives. We actually have like an annual holiday potluck and everyone gets to celebrate and it was really fun. Now couple of years later, it’s all about metrics and how much we are making. How fast we are working etc. Also management versus regualr team members and people don’t seem to trust each anymore. My fondest moments are always going to be when I first got at Target. After a couple of years, I have become jaded when it comes to working in retail. I am still here for the money because it’s a good part time for me and they work with my schedule. Once I am caught up with my financial situation, I will finally try to break free from Target labor. I have to admit I learned how to deal with people and situations. Also now I know what I want and need in the job and luckily I am working full time at a job that appreciates and values me. I have no regrets working for Target. Yeah it gets frustrating and crazy at times, but I learned to manage not to get it to me.
A job is not social time for me. I guess I am just at a different point in my life, but I'm not looking to make friends, I don't need my managers knowing about my personal life (unless I need them to for attendance reasons), I don't need to "have fun" at work with things like contests, food, socializing. I want to come in and do my job, which I enjoy, and if it looks like my fellow TMs also did something that day, even better.

I've never felt that the people I worked with were like family. I have my family. Work is work. I work hard, and if I get a bit of praise for that on occasion via an "atta girl" or a thank you or a good yearly review, thats all I need.

A job is not social time for me. I guess I am just at a different point in my life, but I'm not looking to make friends, I don't need my managers knowing about my personal life (unless I need them to for attendance reasons), I don't need to "have fun" at work with things like contests, food, socializing. I want to come in and do my job, which I enjoy, and if it looks like my fellow TMs also did something that day, even better.

For the most part I agree. However, I do enjoy free food and will participate in a contest if I don't have to put much effort into it and the prize is at least a $10 Target g/c.

Back in the day when we earned g/c for getting red card sign ups, I could be discreetly pushy! And have at least an extra $10 bucks in gift cards when I came home!
But yeah, I came to work, not make friends!

Yep sounds like the spot to me. Bunches of liars and people who do not give fuck.

There has always been ASANTS. During the FFF times, a crap STL or a couple of other leaders could bring down the whole store. The advent of Modernization has made things even more ASANTSy. Loss of veteran leaders and their abundance of institutional knowledge has led to some stores with all new leadership teams who have no idea how to finesse Modernization to make it work. "It is written thusly, and must work.". There are also stores trying to muscle the old ways, but there have been enough operational changes to make that a real struggle. The result is ASANTS of epic proportions. (At least from what I read here). The sad fact is, you might be miserable at your job, but if you worked 10 miles down the road you would be quite content.

I completely agree. I'd consider asking for a transfer before leaving altogether, especially after that much time with the company. Look into other nearby stores, and speak with TM/TL there.

I was at one store for 9+ years, and leadership and culture changed very quickly. I transferred to another store approx 10 miles away, and have been at this store for 5+ years now.

Target culture is very different now. FFF is long dead, and recognition is nonexistent. That's the reality. I don't talk wistfully about how "things used to be". Acceptance is the answer. We're all blessed to be employed 🙏

This is something that happens in retail.
I'm willing to bet not all of the people were fired, that some of them found better work and moved on.
You just remember the ones who were fired most vividly.
And the new people who have come in don't all suck.
Many of them do of course, but it's just they don't stack up well against the people who left.

You are young, and I'm not saying that as an insult, but you haven't had a chance to get inured to the bullshit that goes on in retail.
Or any job for that matter.
At least you didn't have to learn by having chefs throwing shit at you and calling you an idiot.
(I really don't recommend working in a commercial kitchen unless you have a very thick skin.)

Sorry got off track.

I'm not defending Spot.
They have bad policies for how they hire their management and how easy it is to develop clicks.
They tend to put making money over how well their employees are treated but that is an indictment of capitalism in general.

If you hate the job this much, don't let it harm you mentally.
Go find another job and if you are lucky it won't suck.
You had some good years at the store and you know what you want out of a job.
Go find that.
It's cool but I'm NOT young. I'm 63 years old and retired.

It's just very sad that this WAS a store that I so greatly liked before. We had very wonderful people there and since we got a new SD and ETL on GS it's just tanked and nobody likes it there anymore.

People ARE getting fired and lies made about why they left.

It is hard to believe the store changed so rapidly but it did.

I thought I'd stay there rest of my years but I dread going in anymore.

We have an ETL that causes NOTHING but misery.

Last edited:
It's cool but I'm NOT young. I'm 63 years old and retired.

It's just very sad that this WAS a store that I so greatly liked before. We had very wonderful people there and since we got a new SD and ETL on GS it's just tanked and nobody likes it there anymore.

People ARE getting fired and lies made about why they left.

It is hard to believe the store changed so rapidly but it did.

I thought I'd stay there rest of my years but I dread going in anymore.

We have an ETL that causes NOTHING but misery.

Sorry about the assumption on your age.
I usually don't mess up that badly.
My apologies.

And yes, a store can do a major 180 with the change of one person in management.
We have run into that problem many times with people with disabilities we have placed in stores.
The old manager was great and jumped at the opportunity.
The new manager doesn't want the hassle and isn't going to be bothered to learn anything about it.
We can fight them, force them to do what they are supposed to do because fuck them, that's the law.
Or we can find our client someplace else to work where they will be appreciated and their life won't be a living hell.

We leave that up to the client as to which way they want to go and support them either way.
I'm sorry you got stuck in this situation.
It's pretty much the SOP for Target though.
That's why ASANTS is such a problem.

Sorry about the assumption on your age.
I usually don't mess up that badly.
My apologies.

And yes, a store can do a major 180 with the change of one person in management.
We have run into that problem many times with people with disabilities we have placed in stores.
The old manager was great and jumped at the opportunity.
The new manager doesn't want the hassle and isn't going to be bothered to learn anything about it.
We can fight them, force them to do what they are supposed to do because fuck them, that's the law.
Or we can find our client someplace else to work where they will be appreciated and their life won't be a living hell.

We leave that up to the client as to which way they want to go and support them either way.
I'm sorry you got stuck in this situation.
It's pretty much the SOP for Target though.
That's why ASANTS is such a problem.
Is ok.

I really loved this store prior to the change in management.

I can't even describe to you how thick the air is there now and how people hate working there now when they used to like it.

There are things going on thaf I guarantee, would be hard to believe but I've seen it, been victim of it, and privately talk to others going through same thing.

I WISH a call to corporate could straighten if out and go back to our good store but it seems to me corporate had to have CAUSED this to start with so what good would calling them do?

No way on planet could corporate NOT know how disgruntled employees are at this store.

Impossible unless they are totally sleeping or just don't care.

I'm making my exit if possible by spring. I've been with tgt over 10+. Got hired around housing crisis, we lost our home, had to quit school, mom had cancer, and we lived in a tiny 1 bedroom apt and job was scarce. Target took me in, and I am forever grateful. 10+ years later, we have a home now, have saved up enough on 401k, and savings, but you are right about one thing, the target culture has changed now VS 8 to 10 years ago. Nowadays it's business first, team members 2nd. We don't do potlocks anymore, no pizza party. And my own management is also really hard to work with. I am ready to leave tgt as soon as I find a decent smaller store to work at

Before Modernization we'd go to a local buffet now and then, usually in the winter to thank us for doing a good job in the Christmas season. Haven't seen that for like 2 years, and for good reason this year I guess.

I've never felt that the people I worked with were like family. I have my family. Work is work. I work hard, and if I get a bit of praise for that on occasion via an "atta girl" or a thank you or a good yearly review, thats all I need.
What I'm actually referring to are those that treat others in downright hostile manners and almost seem to thrive on causing misery and dissention in the workplace. It seems to me that such behavior is contagious and what started with just a couple of negative individuals who mistreat others has become widespread. It's possible that covid and other such uncontrollable life issues are effecting this but IMO, I think it better to be EXTRA kind to others as we battle the unusual events we're plagued with.

Back