Archived It's happening again! (Nintendo Wii U)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like all holiday seasons somethings gotta cause a problem and I guarantee this isn't going to be the only hot item. I totally agree on one family wiping out the entire stock, bad business! As bad as the front of the store is during the holiday season, the one thing i am thankful for is that I am not in electronics during it. :crazy: R.I.P. Electronics team member, not plural because we don't have the payroll.

Yep, and I'm going to be stuck in Electronics on Black Friday getting pummeled by people who want one, I just know it.

Kotaku: Someone's already trying to sell a Wii U on eBay for $900

Kotaku: Gamestop has sold out of Wii U Deluxe model Pre-orders nationwide.

Looks like we're in for another exciting holiday season of ruined Christmases because Mom handed Dad, Grandma, 6 Year Old Susie, 2 Year Old Johnny, and Rover enough cash to wipe out the store's stock.

it's more likely scalpers trying to get all the systems they can to sell for even more online, if it was an actual gamer wanting it for themselves or their kid, the cheaper bundle would be sold out.

Ok, this is gonna be my first black friday and .... in electronics ... and ... with this WiiUs junk.

Can someone give me some warning on what to expect out of guests, policy, LODs, etc?

I assume policy will be similar to the brief peak week change we had recently, where we cant guarantee anything in stock over the phone, no holding, uberrespect for street date, etc?

Ok, this is gonna be my first black friday and .... in electronics ... and ... with this WiiUs junk.

Can someone give me some warning on what to expect out of guests, policy, LODs, etc?

I assume policy will be similar to the brief peak week change we had recently, where we cant guarantee anything in stock over the phone, no holding, uberrespect for street date, etc?

Most likely pissed off guests because we dont have the hot black friday items. Like we are supposed to stock endless amounts of the amazing deals that actually get people to come to the store in the first place, that is if there are any this year.

It will be your fault, you will have ruined someone's christmas because the moron of a parent didn't bother to plan ahead. But really, it's your fault not theirs. No holds most likely, no more than 1 per family per day, and the attachment for the nintendo section is probably going to plummet for the entire 4th quarter. You will receive calls every day by the hour asking if you got any in.

Street dates are not to be broken unless corporate themselves sends you a notice, so it really doesn't matter if the walmart down the street is breaking street date.

Speaking of the Wii U... are we going to be putting out reservation cards for the hardware anytime soon? I have guests hounding me almost every day now asking, and I don't have an answer except that they can only reserve the games at this time. = \

I haven't seen any WiiU hardware reserve cards, just the zombie game and i think a mario one and for some reason those are already on a pog

I haven't seen any WiiU hardware reserve cards, just the zombie game and i think a mario one and for some reason those are already on a pog

Yeah, I already have those. They've been on planogram for the last 3 weeks or so now. I've checked all the dept 207 planograms up through 9/30, thinking they would show up with the transition, and haven't seen anything for it. Makes me wonder if we aren't taking reservations for it.

Yeah, I already have those. They've been on planogram for the last 3 weeks or so now. I've checked all the dept 207 planograms up through 9/30, thinking they would show up with the transition, and haven't seen anything for it. Makes me wonder if we aren't taking reservations for it.

Probably not, as just with the iPads, Nintendo will directly ship the systems and each store isn't guaranteed a specific number or model.

I just don't know if there's going to be as much of a fuss over the WiiU as was with the first Wii. The Wii changed everything and brought a lot of people into the fold because it was a few hundred dollars cheaper than the competing XBox 360 and PS3. The WiiU is going to compete with the same XBox 360 and PS3s at similar price points, and it's not being marketed as a casual or group system. It's an upgraded Wii that can finally do what the PS3 and XBox 360 has done for the past several years.

Nintendo is just on a very downward slope as of late...

I dunno. The last system before the Wii to hit it big for Nintendo was the NES which they followed up with the SNES which was no slouch either. Who knows really, this could hit it big or it could completely flop...

I dunno. The last system before the Wii to hit it big for Nintendo was the NES which they followed up with the SNES which was no slouch either. Who knows really, this could hit it big or it could completely flop...

Trust me no one at Sony is losing any sleep over the Wii U. It Is basically a current gen system 5 years too late. Ps4 and the next Xbox will be out next year with next gen hardware meaning Nintendo will be stuck for another few years with last gen hardware. Their refusal to keep current and ditch traditional gamers is now biting them in the ass.

The only chance the Wii u has is to launch a massive barrage of triple A exclusives, and it doesn't look like they have any plans to do that.

Trust me no one at Sony is losing any sleep over the Wii U. It Is basically a current gen system 5 years too late. Ps4 and the next Xbox will be out next year with next gen hardware meaning Nintendo will be stuck for another few years with last gen hardware. Their refusal to keep current and ditch traditional gamers is now biting them in the ass.

The only chance the Wii u has is to launch a massive barrage of triple A exclusives, and it doesn't look like they have any plans to do that.

Which doesn't matter because yet again Nintendo is selling a system that makes profit out the door and will sell robustly because they still cater to one of the most powerful spending groups, the family.

And if the Wii and 3DS sales are any indication, this will do fine and the corporate execs will be SWIMMING IN POOLS OF CASH.

Last edited:
Ok, so it's about friggin time! Yesterday I had Wii U cards show up in receiving. As tempted as I am to pre-order mine early, I will wait till they actually go on planogram on the 30th. I was so shocked, it made my day! I had given up on Target stores doing any reserves on the hardware. Would be nice if they would give more than a 5 dollar gift card for something this big though, maybe more like a 10 or 20 dollar card? Oh well, at least now I won't have to stand in line super early. I will be able to sleep knowing I will be able to get a Wii U for sure! :- )

We had about 10-15 presell cards for the black WillU and white WiiU. We sold out of the black a couple of weeks ago and still have about 5 of the white cards left. We received our demo yesterday. Our Nintendo rep came in last Friday and said our store should only expect to receive about 5-6 total WiiU systems. She didn't have a timeframe on when our store could expect more. Guess we'll have a lot of irrate guest who pre-ordered theres and we won't have enough to cover them.

Our Nintendo rep came in last Friday and said our store should only expect to receive about 5-6 total WiiU systems. She didn't have a timeframe on when our store could expect more. Guess we'll have a lot of irrate guest who pre-ordered theres and we won't have enough to cover them.

How does that work? I thought one of the points to the reserve cards was to make so we would get MORE stock? If this happens at my store, that means we have to keep track... oh boy.

We had about 10-15 presell cards for the black WillU and white WiiU. We sold out of the black a couple of weeks ago and still have about 5 of the white cards left. We received our demo yesterday. Our Nintendo rep came in last Friday and said our store should only expect to receive about 5-6 total WiiU systems. She didn't have a timeframe on when our store could expect more. Guess we'll have a lot of irrate guest who pre-ordered theres and we won't have enough to cover them.

That sounds amazing. Seems like Nintendo is going out of its way to create an amazing moment for our guests (and our team members when the guest decide to rip our heads off). What's the point in having resevation cards when 80% of our guests who bought a reservation will not get it, and 100% of our guest who come to our store to buy it will not get it

You will receive calls every day by the hour asking if you got any in.

As someone who periodically covers the operator, please please PLEASE tell your operator the moment you run out of Wii-U's so she doesn't just keep sending Wii-U calls to the electronics boat. It will help everyone! In fact, keep her informed as to which colors are in stock, too.

As someone who periodically covers the operator, please please PLEASE tell your operator the moment you run out of Wii-U's so she doesn't just keep sending Wii-U calls to the electronics boat. It will help everyone! In fact, keep her informed as to which colors are in stock, too.

This is being emphasized.

Partner with your Operator, they can be your best friend in filtering out many calls. You can give them all pertinent information (totally out of stock, soandso store next over 'supposedly' had 3 this morning, no official eta in replenishment, etc) and they can pass it along, saving you a bit of headache time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back