Archived Its Nightmare At My Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been with Target for more than six months. At first, I loved working at Target. My team members are nice, approachable, and always ready to help. Two months into after my hiring, our store got a new STL.

He is a good looking guy but has toxic personality. His smile, compliments, and kindness is fake. He's like a bad actor trying to give Academy Award performance.

We had two team leads after his arrival quit. Both team leads been with company for more than six years. Now, our ETL is leaving. Team members are quitting nonstop... without notice. Our store is constantly red in surveys. Team member morale is record low. We had new hires come in for a week and then quit.

I'm constantly at front lanes backing up. Reshop is over flowing and hours are being cut. Our STL was small cancer that has now grown and spread. If he is really in bad mood, and sees you are working slow or not to his expectation, he yells and threatens to fire.

Our HR-ETL is not helpful because she is very close with him. They both have coffee together, and she is always recognizes him during huddle. I dont know how to explain it but you can tell that HR is not going to do anything about it.

I have bills. I have to work at Target until I find something... and finish school. I really feel bad for team members who have no other option than Target.

Last night when we closed the store we left 3 carts of reshop for A, 2 carts for B, 3 carts for C and D, and 7 carts for E/toys. Market only had 1 cart remaining and seasonal had 3 carts.

Sorry for my rant... but I just need support from you guys.

You can try the hotline, but if the district team lead loves the STL. There is nothing you can do.

As long as the store is making money there isn't much you can do about the STL.
The Stl and HR don't have to be sleeping together per se, (not saying they aren't or want to).
The fact is they are cut from the same cloth and Spot picked these people to have the same attitude towards the store.
The hours that seem to have been cut are probably what you are actually supposed to be getting, the STL just isn't good enough at shifting them around.
The old STL was probably smart enough to know when to cut corners and this guy doesn't care.
He's going to stick to the book.

Sorry to say but you guys are screwed.

Don't do anything that will come back and hurt you.

Hotline might help in some situations. But there are times making an anonymous complaint gets nowhere. And giving them your name only gets you pinned as a trouble maker.

Just be smart. Don't get involved with store politics. Make it known of when you accomplish something or excel at something.

Last edited:
That sounds awful. I'm sorry for everyone working there and for the guests. I hope things improve for you soon.

dang man I hate to say it but it sounds like yall are up the creek without a paddle

Hate to say it, but I'm certain there are sooo many other people out there in a similar situation with their store leadership. I guess my point is, you're not alone, unfortunately.
I can see some similarities between your store and mine, OP.
Being a lower volume store, fewer payroll hours has really hurt us. It doesn't help when you have like 15 or more people quit over the course of just a few months.
Sorry, OP. I wish I had any sort of advice. I guess weather the storm? :(

Yeah I thought it was my store until I got to the third paragraph. Change 6 years to 30!

I thought it was my store also just in 4 months we have lost 8 ETLs and 5 TLs but we are still #1 in the district for sales so the DTL came to tell are STL what an awesome job he does....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back