Archived It's official: no HMOs or PPOs next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone who sits at a desk fiddling w themselves get healthcare, but we don't?

Just as an fyi even though you don't like the HRA/HSA plans doesn't mean that everyone else has it better. My father works as a manager for a national defense contractor and he was jealous of how cheap the HSA plan / prescriptions were compared to his required health plan, he doesn't even have the option to opt out.

Why does everyone who sits at a desk fiddling w themselves get healthcare, but we don't?

Just as an fyi even though you don't like the HRA/HSA plans doesn't mean that everyone else has it better. My father works as a manager for a national defense contractor and he was jealous of how cheap the HSA plan / prescriptions were compared to his required health plan, he doesn't even have the option to opt out.

Let's just put it this way -- if I get hit by a semi truck and needed serious surgery, id like to not have to worry about filing for bankcruptcy.

Reactions: NOP
This was announced a year ago during enrollment. It was boldly stated in the materials that I had, to the effect that "this is the last year that the company will offer a PPO plan to its team members".

Benefits.Feedback@target.com
We knew it was coming but....
Got a little flyer in the mail today announcing Target's move to account-based health plans.
The insult was when it stated that, according to the Best Team Survey, "we know these costs remain a major concern for our team."
No, having decent AND affordable health care is a major concern.
"We hear you. As part of our plan to continue offering meaningful benefits to you & your family, we've made changes to control the costs that we can." By following other major companies in further reducing the choices of your employees.
"These plans encourage you to be a more informed consumer of health care, which saves money for all of us."
Well, SOME of us anyway. Once again, we're exected to treat the cost of our personal heath like shopping for a new TV. Sure 'preventative' care is covered but forget about the 'unexpected'.
Thanks, spot.
Once again, we're underwhelmed by your caring & generosity.

I don't know about others but I still get my HMO for at least another year, although it's called an HRA plan. This is preferable since my HMO constitutes of hospitals where as the other HRA plan (United?) seems to involve clinics.

We've been offered a Kaiser HRA and a United HRA. The Kaiser uses only the Kaiser docs and clinics. The United has a greater selection of doctors and is more expensive than the Kaiser.

Well, just got off the phone with the Benefits center....since I don't have Target Medical, I can't even enroll in the HSA/FSA account anymore. Oddly enough, on the website, it lets me put in an amount and gives no error??? The only reason I called was because it said it would verify "eligible expenses with my Target Medical plan"....how is it going to verify "bandaids" and other OTC products (which are eligible expenses according to the YSA website) with my medical plan??? Makes no sense :dash2:

Not true, you can make changes to your FSA anytime before April 1st.
Well, just got off the phone with the Benefits center....since I don't have Target Medical, I can't even enroll in the HSA/FSA account anymore. Oddly enough, on the website, it lets me put in an amount and gives no error??? The only reason I called was because it said it would verify "eligible expenses with my Target Medical plan"....how is it going to verify "bandaids" and other OTC products (which are eligible expenses according to the YSA website) with my medical plan??? Makes no sense :dash2:

well I just got around to reading the open enrollment package, and boy am I pissed. neither of the 2 plans they have left sound anything like health insurance to me and I'd love to know why they reason this is all good because 35% of there polled "peers" are going to only offer account based plans.

well I just got around to reading the open enrollment package, and boy am I pissed. neither of the 2 plans they have left sound anything like health insurance to me and I'd love to know why they reason this is all good because 35% of there polled "peers" are going to only offer account based plans.

You're right, they're not insurance.
They can call them whatever they want but they are not insurance.
'Account based plans' were originally supposed to be in addition to regular insurance to bring down costs, not to replace it all together.

Speaking of benefits, I have the Kaiser plan from last year and the year before. It's really irritating me and I'm thinking of either dropping it or not using it unless I'm dying. Everytime I go, I get random bills for random amounts every few weeks for the next two or three months. The visits are never anything special or out of the ordinary. So, what the f***?

The entire amount needs to be communicated up front. It feels like I'm being lied to. It's not my problem the system isn't set up better, so they have to keep sending me bills for random amounts for months afterward.

Speaking of benefits, I have the Kaiser plan from last year and the year before. It's really irritating me and I'm thinking of either dropping it or not using it unless I'm dying. Everytime I go, I get random bills for random amounts every few weeks for the next two or three months. The visits are never anything special or out of the ordinary. So, what the f***?

The entire amount needs to be communicated up front. It feels like I'm being lied to. It's not my problem the system isn't set up better, so they have to keep sending me bills for random amounts for months afterward.

This is because the Target plans are such cr** that most of the costs are hidden. You know the "max out of pocket" and all that jazz on the one page summary? Call them up and ask them to mail you the actual *policy*. It is not available online - but they legally have to mail it to you if you ask for it. It is about 50 pages long of all kinds of exclusions, hidden costs, etc.

It's not insurance. It's just Target trying to drain the US Treasury and shove the cost of healthcare from them to the US Govt because Gregg S. hates poor people or whatever. :rolleyes:

It's also **** like that that made me say, **** it. I don't care if I'm signed off for SFT. I'm not going to stick with a company that doesn't care enough to provide actual healthcare to its employees. Oh, and those red cards you push spot that charge 24% interest? Why is it unfeasible to emulate costcos model of how they treat their employees??

Last edited:
Reactions: NOP
Hello .. I am new to Target .. hourly employee. I got the new HRA/HSA. I have a friend that had the HRA before the PPO plan. He said it is just like the one prior. Is that right? Before it was 800 and then everything was out of pocket. From what I read above, it was 650 1100 then 80/20. That sounds better than before. Can anyone help with confirming that?

On this yr's HRA, the deductible (for TM only) is $950 with a total out-of-pocket of $3550.
Spot contributes up to $500 ($150 you earn thru a completed health assessment & biometric screening).
Next yr, no spot contribution.

Your deductible is $950.
Target will contribute $350 & you earn the other $150 by complete the health assessment & biometric screening so you'll have $500 in funds to use toward your $950 deductible.
You then pay 20% with your max out-of-pocket share being $2600, bringing your total out-of-pocket to $3550.
THEN spot pays COVERED/QUALIFIED expenses 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back