Archived It's the little things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sick. I called out of Target. "You're calling out? Ok thanks bye."

I called out from my non-profit job, of which I have to notify four people. Each one of them said "I hope you feel better."

It's just the little things. I don't call out often either but when I get sick, I get really sick.

Sorry to hear you were sick.
On the one side, at least they didn't grill you about it or try to shame you into trying to come in like I've heard of happening at some stores.
But I certainly understand about working at a place that really cares about what's happening to you.
I had to go to the hospital at a previous job and the boss came in with a plant and a card.
Happened while I was working for Target and nothing.

I guess my Target is better about that kind of thing. Whenever I've been sick and called they've always told me to take care and hope I feel better. The only time they ever give people a hard time is for chronic callers. I hate calling out because I know they probably won't call someone in to replace my shift and I've been on the other side of that so I know how that is. When I was in the hospital a few years ago I got a huge plant from them and a card signed by practically everyone.

i hope you feel better. at my store, depending on the lod will say, i hope feel better & let us know how you are. besides, if you are still in p-fresh, you need to stay home when you are sick.

I'm sick. I called out of Target. "You're calling out? Ok thanks bye."

I called out from my non-profit job, of which I have to notify four people. Each one of them said "I hope you feel better."

It's just the little things. I don't call out often either but when I get sick, I get really sick.

Damn, surprised your ETL made it that easy for you. At the store I used to work at, each ETL would guilt trip you/implying you were lying/tell you how badly you hurt the team. Sick call would go like this:

TM: I am vomiting every 15 mins and have explosive diarehra.
ETL: Oh.... well, can't you just come in and try to make it through the day?
TM: I really want to, but guests would probably be unhappy to have me **** in front of them and vomit on the floor.
<sound of TM vomiting for 10 seconds>
ETL: Oh... well, you know, lots of people say they are sick but you know aren't really that sick. Are you sure?
TM: Yes. I just noticed blood in my vomit.
ETL: Oh well, I guess you're going to have to go to the hospital then. You know, the team is really struggling tonight. We already had one call in. You know, we wanted to save payroll so when we cut everyone's shifts for today we did it thinking that no one would call in. It's really hurting the store having you not be here.
TM: Oh god I just coughed up a cup full of blood.
ETL: Ok well see you at your next shift. Looks like that is tomorrow at 5AM. Please try to make it in. G'night.

I hope you feel better. Rest up, stay in pajamas, and make a nice comfy bed for yourself in front of the TV/Computer.

Is it just me? I have never heard of it being called ... "calling out" ... until I started reading this forum. At my store, and everywhere else I have worked, they say ... "Calling off." Maybe it a regional thing like soda vs. pop.

BTW, it's pop. Soda is baking soda. LOL. I'll probably start a war about that.

Is it just me? I have never heard of it being called ... "calling out" ... until I started reading this forum. At my store, and everywhere else I have worked, they say ... "Calling off." Maybe it a regional thing like soda vs. pop.

BTW, it's pop. Soda is baking soda. LOL. I'll probably start a war about that.

The only person I've heard call it Pop is my grandma.
Ive always said soda lol.

And I've heard "calling out" and "calling in" but never Calling off.

:D

*emailing Dan some chicken soup & crackers*
Get better soon! We'll miss you otherwise.

Any other place I've ever worked it was calling in. I can't remember if my store uses calling off or out. I think out.

It's "calling in" and "soda" here. If I tell you what we call a water fountain you'll know where I live! lol

i always heard called out. i never heard called off until this site. im thinking it is a regional thing for sure....

buckwill I was thinking the same thing. Who are you calling out to?( I heard they do call outs at schools to get new club members) I call in to see if I can pick up a shift. I call off from work. It's also pop where I am from Soda comes from a fountain with soda water in it.

It's soda and calling in here.

Feel better, Dan. D: Being sick is no fun... glad the ETL didn't give you a hard time. x__x

1) pop is a carbonated beverage....like Coke, Sprite, Pepsi.
2) soda is a drink made out of a "slushie" type drink with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
3) I was only familiar with "called off." Didn't know any other phrase existed. In fact I once asked here what "called out" meant.
4) It's a "water fountain" where I live....not a bubbler.
5) Crayons are crayons....but some places call them "Colors."
6) Variety.......isn't it great that we're all so different and yet the same?

Here we say called in or called out, and most say pop. Although when we had a food ave I would say soda pop so there was no confusion. As far as I know, east of the Mississippi it's soda, west it's pop and Georgia is Coke. :laugh4:

How about a Boston Cooler? Here in Ohio we make ours out of Root Beer and Vanilla ice cream.

Most people call this drink a Root Beer Float.

How about a Boston Cooler? Here in Ohio we make ours out of Root Beer and Vanilla ice cream.

I lived in Ohio for about half of my life and I've never heard this called anything but a Root Beer float. Would it be asking too much to inquire whether you're from southern Ohio? I only ever lived in northern Ohio, but I lived in both NW and NE areas. I have heard the term Boston Cooler, but I never knew the description.

That's because it is a Root Beer Float. A Boston Cooler is made with ginger ale (specifically Vernors) and vanilla ice cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back