Archived I've made a mistake... what are my chances of staying a cashier after seasonal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a mistake regarding invalid coupons. I wasn't talked to about the mistake in private ("you did this" or "we noticed this happened on your shift/lane" etc), but it was just a general conversation out in the open while I had some downtime on my lane ("somebody" did this yesterday, "just want to remind you" etc). There was also another mistake regarding coupons a few days ago with a different cashier, and they talked to me (and I'm going to assume everyone else before they went on their lane) about the issue with the coupons.

Since I made the mistake but I didn't get directly punished, I'm guessing the team lead (is it GSTL?) for my shift was the one who had to deal with it. It's embarrassing because I don't know who knows, like other cashiers, or how serious it is because no one has talked to me personally about it. It would be weird to apologize or bring it up to someone considering I don't know who had to take responsibility for it. I know since I'm just seasonal they can let me go at any moment or they'll just forget about it because I'm new.

Anyways my questions are: What is considered when reviewing the seasonal employees, how many do they keep? Are they looking at how good you did or how bad you messed up? Should I be worried about the coupon mistake considering I didn't have any direct conversation about it.... should I bring it up with someone... should I let it go.... please help! thank you

A few invalid coupons aren't a deal-breaker but be wary that most coupon scammers ALWAYS go thru the newbies' lines because they can usually dupe a new cashier. If you're not sure, put on your blinker & ask your GSTL. Most scammers will usually take a hike before the GSTL gets there.
If you don't call out (or NCNS), you show that you're diligent about learning, stay extra when asked, help out around the store you'll most likely be asked to stay on after the holidays.
Failure to show up/call in if unable to make a shift, laziness, bad attitude, lots of mistakes (ie: costly ones), unwillingness to help or stay extra would be factors in cutting you loose after the holidays.

Failure to show up/call in if unable to make a shift, laziness, bad attitude, lots of mistakes (ie: costly ones), unwillingness to help or stay extra would be factors in cutting you loose after the holidays.

Yes!

One thing that will make a big impression: Always look for something to do.

My BIGGEST pet peeve is when a cashier doesn't have any guests in line or nearby and they stay behind their counter. If you don't have any guests, invite some over. If none are in sight, zone candy/endcap of your lane, and "Can I Help You Find Something" your guests that pass.

Anyother pet peeve is when a cashier needs to run to the restroom, decides to put a basket away, wants to empty hangers, leaves their station for whatever reason and doesn't turn their light off or tell me where they are going. As soon as they leave, a guest will come up and wonder where they went.

As for your coupon mistake, talk to your GSTL and discuss the coupon policy. Different areas will have different "fake" coupons floating around. Don't be afraid to call for assistance when you need something, it's why we are here!

Anyother pet peeve is when a cashier needs to run to the restroom, decides to put a basket away, wants to empty hangers, leaves their station for whatever reason and doesn't turn their light off or tell me where they are going.

This is my biggest pet peeve. I don't care what you're doing, JUST TELL ME. I hate coming back to see 2 lights on when I have 5 cashiers scheduled, and NO ONE knows where the other 3 are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back