Archived Jcp

Status
Not open for further replies.
JCP has been in the news with its MASSIVE restructuring. Today (maybe yesterday) they launched a large TV advertising campaign. JCP recruits from spot harder than any other company. There are alot of similarities in the commercials, the colors, and even the daytime TV spots (Target uses the Ellen show alot and now JCP has jumped on that bandwagon). One of the main phrases I am hearing over and over is "more products made in America." I'm onboard with that!! I'm curious if anyone has any insight on what the new JCP may look like?

When I worked at jcp over 25 years ago, they did a similar thing using the name of countries. The clothes were great, the idea only lasted for a few years.

JCP has been in the news with its MASSIVE restructuring. Today (maybe yesterday) they launched a large TV advertising campaign. JCP recruits from spot harder than any other company. There are alot of similarities in the commercials, the colors, and even the daytime TV spots (Target uses the Ellen show alot and now JCP has jumped on that bandwagon). One of the main phrases I am hearing over and over is "more products made in America." I'm onboard with that!! I'm curious if anyone has any insight on what the new JCP may look like?

One of my inlaws works at JCP, and a couple weeks ago they announced some major overhauls, I think with the type of clothing they carry. But it's like a huge hush order and she was afraid she'd lose her job if she told anybody anything.

I am not surprised that these changes are taking place for JCP! They did just recently hire two VP's from Target. I do however think that they are going to try and enter the "discount" retailer market a bit to late. I am snot sure if this is going to help them in the current economy or not. we'll see..

Saw in the paper today that they're doing away with 'sales' per se but cutting overall pricing about 40%. They're also going to feature 'additional savings' days of the week & specials on clearance merch.
When I was in school, we shopped JCP a lot when they had red tag sales, an additional 25% off the markdown price that allowed them to clean out old inventory.
Then they brought in the Halston line & went upscale so we didn't shop there as much.

Well the new CEO was the guy who was in charge of the retail division of Apple.

I just hope they make it a store that anyone can fell conferable to shop in. Seems like they always focus on woman and how many styles of shopes or dresses they need.

Saw in the paper today that they're doing away with 'sales' per se but cutting overall pricing about 40%. They're also going to feature 'additional savings' days of the week & specials on clearance merch.
When I was in school, we shopped JCP a lot when they had red tag sales, an additional 25% off the markdown price that allowed them to clean out old inventory.
Then they brought in the Halston line & went upscale so we didn't shop there as much.

I hate their clearance...it's always like 75 PERCENT OFF!!!! but it still ends up being like 16.00 for a shirt.

I just hope they make it a store that anyone can fell conferable to shop in. Seems like they always focus on woman and how many styles of shopes or dresses they need.

To me it has always seemed like the store where moms shop (and buy clothes for their kids before they 'graduate' to Aéropostale).

Well the new CEO was the guy who was in charge of the retail division of Apple.

And came from Target before that! I saw an ad today, in the Breakroom no less, that was kinda hinting toward Jcp going away from "Sales." Not a bad idea, I know Jcp was one of the worst with plastering percent off signs everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back