Job abandonment last pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just don't get it, maybe you will later on but the fact of the matter is, it is expected for everyone in the working world to submit a two weeks notice. Don't be douche, it's not about if you like your job or not, it's about acting like an adult and doing things the right way.
Yeah. No. Maybe if your have an important job like a manager or if you're a doctor but no one expects jobs with high turnover rates to submit notices. No one if going to delay working a better paying job just to help target.

Yeah. No. Maybe if your have an important job like a manager or if you're a doctor but no one expects jobs with high turnover rates to submit notices. No one if going to delay working a better paying job just to help target.
Again it has nothing to do with helping Target it's about going about things in a responsible manner.

You know what?
Most of those 'better paying jobs' are more than happy to give you the time to properly give notice because they would expect the same if you ever leave them.

But I get the feeling that you are of a group who feels that its all about you and caring about how you screw over your coworkers is stupid, so it doesn't matter how much any of post that won't change.

Get out the trenches then

The trenches are any job where you work with people, where you share common purpose and support one another to get the work done.
Seriously, has public education failed us that badly?

Last edited:
But I get the feeling that you are of a group who feels that its all about you and caring about how you screw over your coworkers is stupid, so it doesn't matter how much any of post that won't change.

Nope. I'm apart of the group of the realistic thinkers who understand that almost no one in a grunt level position works there because they love it and when someone calls out the last thing on their mind is how it affects X logistic or backroom team member. No need to inconvenience yourself for others that also dont care.

I don't care about "the people who trained and worked with me and ect" because all of them either quit or or found second better jobs. There is litterally no one in my work center from when I got hired 3 years ago so I don't have the attachment to care to work and extra two week to help the load of people who don't even know what I do.

As for the trenches comments, only common purpose I have there is to get a pay check. Nothing more nothing less. I won't fuck up my job while I'm still employed but I'm not going out of my way for it either

Submitting a notice or calling the store that you won't make it is "inconveniencing" you? Haha aren't you incredibly busy. Grow up dude, you really need to. It takes barely any effort to pick up a phone.

Submitting a notice or calling the store that you won't make it is "inconveniencing" you? Haha aren't you incredibly busy. Grow up dude, you really need to. It takes barely any effort to pick up a phone.
Minutes aren't free bro

Nope. I'm apart of the group of the realistic thinkers who understand that almost no one in a grunt level position works there because they love it and when someone calls out the last thing on their mind is how it affects X logistic or backroom team member. No need to inconvenience yourself for others that also dont care.

I don't care about "the people who trained and worked with me and ect" because all of them either quit or or found second better jobs. There is litterally no one in my work center from when I got hired 3 years ago so I don't have the attachment to care to work and extra two week to help the load of people who don't even know what I do.

As for the trenches comments, only common purpose I have there is to get a pay check. Nothing more nothing less. I won't fuck up my job while I'm still employed but I'm not going out of my way for it either

My grandfather was a member of a group called the IWW (Industrial Workers of the World - you know grunts).
They believed that all workers had something in common and it was because of the IWW (and other unions) that we don't have things like child labor, or miserable working conditions like the Triangle Shirt Waist Fire.
They also brought us things like the 40 hour week and overtime.
Now if they hadn't given a shit (like you do) about their fellow workers, then we would still be working in the same conditions that existed in 1910.
Thanks but no thanks.

That's irrelevant. This this 2016. Quiting your Job isn't going to cause working conditions to decline. Target is anti union is almost every store and you're be quickly fired for petitioning for better so it's a moot point.

That's irrelevant. This this 2016. Quiting your Job isn't going to cause working conditions to decline. Target is anti union is almost every store and you're be quickly fired for petitioning for better so it's a moot point.
It's not irrelevant at all, thanks to that you can have the careless "I only care about myself fuck everyone else" attitude that is plaguing our society because you didn't have the misfortune to work under those conditions. You sound like a joy to work with. It's cool @commiecorvus those of us who understand how to be decent responsible people appreciate those movements.

It's not irrelevant at all, thanks to that you can have the careless "I only care about myself fuck everyone else" attitude that is plaguing our society because you didn't have the misfortune to work under those conditions. You sound like a joy to work with. It's cool @commiecorvus those of us who understand how to be decent responsible people appreciate those movements.
It totally is. Nothing they did affected my current ability to quit

You need to quit and just go to whatever other job you have lined up. News flash, the same rules apply there and at every job you have. It is expected of you to call if you can't make it in, put in a two weeks notice if you are no longer wanting to stay. It's part of being a responsible human being but you wouldn't know that.

Nothing I signed during hiring noted I needed to give a two week notice or inform then of anything I do off the clock

I'm not against it, Im just saying that not everyone in your store gives a shit about you don't expect people to just not walk off when a better a opportunity comes. If I had winning lottery numbers call from the breakroom tv, I would run out fucking without saying anything. Anyone that truly believes they're done with target does the same. It's why we have such a high turnover rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back