Just a bit confused coming from a strict target to a lower volume store

So I’ve been working at target for almost two years now and i just transferred to a different target (that doesn’t have the remodel like my old one :( ) and it’s very different but i found out the store director is this really cool guy and he’s always there and i thought he was an etl that’s not my fault tho they didn’t introduce me to ppl so i did t know who i was talking to actually until ppl told me😂

Last edited:
Talk to your leader/ETL. Spot doesn’t like change, so if store are not the same, talk to leadership ASAP

**Attach random link to vaguely related post**

SDs can do a lot of travelling outside of the store. They have meetings, although most of them are virtual now, they mentor other SDs and ETLs, they have trainings, or just personal matters. My SD spends a great deal of time in my store but has recently had priorities outside the store, its possible its just a coincidence.

I went from a high volume & very organized store to a very disorganized low volume store. I went from one set of straight forward duties to work 3-4 areas (lanes, SD, FoodAve, carts, TL breaks) or closing hardlines with no TL.

I went from a low turnover DC to a high turnover DC. High turnover can yield more stress but also increase our ability to move wherever we want. Pros and cons are the spices of life. Embrace the suck and make it yours.
That's a good point. OP talked about going from a high-sales-volume store to a low-sales-volume store. Some stores, and DCs and other workcenters, also have higher TM turnover rates than others. My store seems to hire a large number of high school students and has a very high turnover rate in much of the store.

I went from GSTL at a High Volume Pfresh store to a Small Format Team Leader. Pretty big different when I first switched (this includes bring in three different stores over a span of eight weeks during our training/pre-opening period). I find our store now is so much more operationally strict that my old one -- which is good because it keeps our numbers where they need to be.

What is considered high volume ?
Volume classifications are based on yearly sales, and go as such.

• AAA+ $85M and above
  • AAA $77.3 - $85
  • AA+ $69.5 - $77.3
  • AA $60.5 - $69.5
  • A+ $51.5 - $60.5
  • A $42 - $51.5
  • B $32.5 - $42
  • C $23 - $32.5
  • D $23 or less

ULV is an acronym meaning ultra-low volume and is typically used in reference to D and C volume stores.

Back