Archived Just a rant. Am I crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Angry moment is over]

----

Before you say anything StupidRules, be kind, I'm fragile lol

Last edited:
Sounds like one of those people who manages to hit every single raw nerve.
Can't say as I know how to go about fixing things since I don't work front end.
She doesn't seem trainable except from above.
So I can only off my sympathies and say no you're not crazy.

Wait....I'm confused...basically isn't she the same thing as a gstl where other guest service TMs are concerned and they ought to be listening as such?

That's what someone else told me here when I had a GSA delegating tasks over the ETL-GE's request and I was told to always listen to the GSA first.

*head explodes in frustrated confusion and general deflation*

Last edited:
woah. I don't even know where to start addressing this.

Have you talked to your GSTL's? Our store is kind of in a similar situation right now. We have a GSA who is very lazy and doesn't do anything to help out anyone. I'm constantly coaching her along with my ETL-GE and it's just getting out of hand. I get feedback from the other GSA's every time they work with her so that I can follow up and coach based on that.

All of the stuff you listed is things she shouldn't be doing except maybe the coin thing. I don't see that as a huge deal and wouldn't do anything about it if someone complained about my gsa doing that. I can see though where you're so annoyed with everything else that that would annoy you too.

In short, I think you need to give this feedback to your GSTL so they can follow up on it.

You are sane. You are just having to interact with an insane TM.

Definitely go to your ETL-GE and STL. Sounds like to me this GSA loves to delegate tasks but doesn't like doing the work herself and over stepping her job description. She should know that GSAs are not exactly a GSTL. Yes GSAs monitor the front, but they do not lead the front. The GSTLs and ETL-GE have the only supervisory duties.

If she is wearing something other than Red and Khaki, and I believe visible spaghetti strap tops without a cover top are against the BP/dress code policy.

She should not be delegating extra tasks or giving an opinion on your/anyone's performance. That is a GSTLs job. If your store's leadership says clock out at the end of your shift...clock out. If you want to stay past and you are given the ok. Then of course.

Why would there be cash/checks in the coupon bags? If you are finding cash/checks outside of the money bags, I would alert the STL and AP.If your shift is Photo, then you work photo. I don't know how many times I was called to cover Food Ave or Guest Service or do carts for breaks/lunches while I was working the sales floor. That screws up productivity when they try to delegate extra tasks to TMs.

Okay, if you are both GSAs and she is saying ANY of that to you, that is overstepping her bounds by a lot.

You are correct to deposit 20s, not sure what kind of **** shes smoking, but if I didn't deposit 20s for just ONE day, we'd be overflowing with 20s!

Talk to your GSTL, ETL-GE and then your ETL-HR/STL. Start with your GSTL and go from there, if she is not treating you like a peer she needs to be talked to.

woah. I don't even know where to start addressing this.

Have you talked to your GSTL's? Our store is kind of in a similar situation right now. We have a GSA who is very lazy and doesn't do anything to help out anyone. I'm constantly coaching her along with my ETL-GE and it's just getting out of hand. I get feedback from the other GSA's every time they work with her so that I can follow up and coach based on that.

All of the stuff you listed is things she shouldn't be doing except maybe the coin thing. I don't see that as a huge deal and wouldn't do anything about it if someone complained about my gsa doing that. I can see though where you're so annoyed with everything else that that would annoy you too.

In short, I think you need to give this feedback to your GSTL so they can follow up on it.
Hahah Yeah the coin thing is just a personal pet peeve. I wouldn't complain about that to anyone, it was just a last bit of info lol.

But yeah, I've told my SrTL about what she's done and she rolled her eyes and said "I know I know you're not the only one" and my other GSTL doesn't care for her much.

My GSTL said that SHE said that she feels that since shes been GSTL at another store, she is GSTL here and knows "how the game is played"
Idk, she just aggravates me. I keep a smile and i'm never mean to her directly but ...:angry:

I just think she needs to be told that she is not a GSTL and can't be acting as such. Of course GSA's are very similar to GSTLs but the way she acts isn't... very GSA-y if that makes sense.

---
Wait....I'm confused...basically isn't she the same thing as a gstl where other guest service TMs are concerned and they ought to be listening as such?

Essentially yes. But when she feels she can override what LOD's say or the actual GSTL's, she's crossing a boundary. She has every right to tell the Guest Service what she would like to be done, but she cannot enforce it and mention punishment/write ups if it's not done to her specification.

I've calmed down since my original post. I was mainly frazzled at that time cuz she asked me to work a shift for her, I agreed, she said she would get the paper signed. she text me at 11pm the day before the Opening GSA shift saying that she never got it signed and that I would have to go and get it signed even though our store was closed. I told her that was impossible and if there is no swap shift signed, then she has to work the shift herself.

Blah oh well. I just needed to vent lol

Hahah Yeah the coin thing is just a personal pet peeve. I wouldn't complain about that to anyone, it was just a last bit of info lol.

But yeah, I've told my SrTL about what she's done and she rolled her eyes and said "I know I know you're not the only one" and my other GSTL doesn't care for her much.

My GSTL said that SHE said that she feels that since shes been GSTL at another store, she is GSTL here and knows "how the game is played"
Idk, she just aggravates me. I keep a smile and i'm never mean to her directly but ...:angry:

I just think she needs to be told that she is not a GSTL and can't be acting as such. Of course GSA's are very similar to GSTLs but the way she acts isn't... very GSA-y if that makes sense.

---

Essentially yes. But when she feels she can override what LOD's say or the actual GSTL's, she's crossing a boundary. She has every right to tell the Guest Service what she would like to be done, but she cannot enforce it and mention punishment/write ups if it's not done to her specification.

I've calmed down since my original post. I was mainly frazzled at that time cuz she asked me to work a shift for her, I agreed, she said she would get the paper signed. she text me at 11pm the day before the Opening GSA shift saying that she never got it signed and that I would have to go and get it signed even though our store was closed. I told her that was impossible and if there is no swap shift signed, then she has to work the shift herself.

Blah oh well. I just needed to vent lol

If your GSTL said that, you need to talk to your ETL-GE/HR/STL asap. If they won't do anything call integrity. If they are telling a GSA to act as a GSTL over other GSAs, that is WAY out of bounds.

I amended my original post. I was told on here that the GSA overrides the ETL-GE in comes to the front end because the GSA has a better picture of what is going on.

But my issues aren't the point of this thread.

Why would there be cash/checks in the coupon bags? If you are finding cash/checks outside of the money bags, I would alert the STL and AP.If your shift is Photo, then you work photo. I don't know how many times I was called to cover Food Ave or Guest Service or do carts for breaks/lunches while I was working the sales floor. That screws up productivity when they try to delegate extra tasks to TMs.

I do let them know. Every time I find cash (currently, it's only been a dollar here and a 50 cent piece there, gold dollar mixed in) I email my ETL GE, ETL AP telling them what I found. I even over exaggerate pulling it out of the bag in front of the cameras so they can clearly see that I didn't put it in there myself.

Some of our cashiers were kinda trained half arse so they didn't know where to put the media the first time handling it, so that I am understanding about but it seems like when she closes everything is put in a giant box, shook up, and then separated.
She panics a lot so I can very easily picture her running around cramming everything in a hurry. She's always super stressed when I see her, talking all fast, and running around all wide eyed when we have like 8 cashiers and we're not backed up. When she first started, she would run away from the front lanes and cry for like 20 mins and leave a certain Guest Service team member covering the front lanes.

I think she just needs to relax. Take a deep breath and realize that 50 cents over Minimum wage is not enough to give yourself a heart attack over.

I don't want her fired or in trouble. I just want someone to put her in a straitjacket and slap her around a few times saying "stop it" in peter griffins voice.

----

I plan on talking to my GE about her on Friday. I just wanna make sure she knows I am not picking on her and just simply gonna say what she does and what I see her do. I'm not gonna mention anything about what I've heard she's done. My two GSTL's kind of have an idea about how she is since I've been told that she drives them crazy too lol.

----

I was told on here that the GSA overrides the ETL-GE in comes to the front end because the GSA has a better picture of what is going on.
No, you're totally right. That's true in some cases. I'll give an example to kinda help you understand what she does to Guest Service that is over stepping the line.

We retailers that used to come in 2-3 times a day and we are were told by our District Team Lead that for the next however many months, we are not able to let retailers purchase or return certain electronics items. They used to still try and sometimes they would find that one Team member who wasn't caught up so I guess going forward, all retailer transactions had to be watched by a GSTL/GSA/someone.

Anyways, a retailer came in, wanted to return an xbox that he got from another store mile away. Guest service tm declined him since we don't do retailer returns from other stores, the Guest service tm told him such and he threw the usual fit, no biggie, just the "are you kidding me?" "the other stores let me...blah blah blah"

I just happened to be walking by Guest Service at this time just a few seconds from the beautiful End Work button on the time clock.
"Hey anon, you got a sec?"
"yea whats up"
Blah blah blah
"Yes sadly sir, we cannot process this return, you will have to go back to the store you made the purchase at blah blah blah"
she comes up, listens in
Greets the guest, and looks at the Guest service team member and says "was there anything wrong with the xbox this guest is trying to return?" he says no.

She ended up letting the retailer return the xbox.
After the guest left, I told her what the DTL said and she smiled and said "I just was tired of dealing with him, now he won't be back"

I went and told my ETL AP the second I could since I was there and I didn't want anyone to think I approved it. ETL AP sighed and said that i was okay and that she ould follow up on it. (She ended up getting a write up. She came out of the office crying saying "I never had a write up before!!" so she kinda announced it.

But yeah Retail thats the kinda stuff i meant :p

If your GSTL said that, you need to talk to your ETL-GE/HR/STL asap. If they won't do anything call integrity. If they are telling a GSA to act as a GSTL over other GSAs, that is WAY out of bounds.

No no no I may have worded it wrong but no one tells her to act a GSTL. Too many 'shes'

I'll reword THIS sentence My GSTL said that SHE said that she feels that since shes been GSTL at another store, she is GSTL here and knows "how the game is played"
Fake names:
GSTL: Michelle
GSA: Amber.

Michelle told me that Amber feels that since she was a GSTL at another store that Amber feels that she can be gstl at my store since she knows "How the game is played"

Pretty much the GSA feels that she is the **** and knows how to be a gstl so therefore shes gonna do certain gstl actions cuz she knows what its like
haha

*deep breath* Feels good to let it out, haha.

Yeah, she just needs a simple talking to. I don't NOT like her, i just severely dislike working with her lol.

Thanks guys. I will talk to my GSTL and go up the ladder if necessary :D

Ahh...thanks for the clarification.

"And so now he won't be back?" No...now he'll be back all the time.

But how do you all know it's a retailer and not a "real" guest? If they have a valid receipt, with just that purchase, shouldn't it be returned? I'm only asking this because I start working actual shifts at guest service this week (Lord help us all) and am just trying to get things straightened out with my fellow TMs and you all (though I haven't heard of this being a problem in my district at this point).

It sounds to me like the other store may have also been run differently....so this GSA needs to step back and observe how you all do things before making assumptions. There might be a bullseye on the front of that store, but that doesn't mean that they do things the same way as the store down the street.

Ahh...thanks for the clarification.

"And so now he won't be back?" No...now he'll be back all the time.

But how do you all know it's a retailer and not a "real" guest? If they have a valid receipt, with just that purchase, shouldn't it be returned? I'm only asking this because I start working actual shifts at guest service this week (Lord help us all) and am just trying to get things straightened out with my fellow TMs and you all (though I haven't heard of this being a problem in my district at this point).

It has the Tax Exempt text on the bottom where it would show the total and card used.
Pretty much No Sales Tax = Retailers.

I could be wrong so someone can correct me. You also learn their faces and know when you see them, they are retailers.

When retailers make a purchase, they have to show this bright yellow paper or whatever color your state has.

We get a lot of schools and churches that use tax exempt...but true...they aren't going to be buying XBoxes. So thank you for that tip! I'm still learning faces of our guests. Sadly it's the ones I dread seeing that I remember more than the "normal" guests.

We get a lot of schools and churches that use tax exempt...but true...they aren't going to be buying XBoxes. So thank you for that tip! I'm still learning faces of our guests. Sadly it's the ones I dread seeing that I remember more than the "normal" guests.

Yeah, my store didn't ban all returns, just the electronics one. We still are able to do whatever with the clothing and anything non Xbox/PS3

OH! I just remembered something! I don't know how it works now since I haven't done a retail purchase in a long time, but my ETL's made it so if a retailer wanted to buy an Xbox, they would HAVE to buy accessories too. So the retailers get their xbox but out store gets its attachments too.
I heard it worked and we were green with attachments. Maybe a tip for another store?

*deep breath* Feels good to let it out, haha.

Yeah, she just needs a simple talking to. I don't NOT like her, i just severely dislike working with her lol.

Thanks guys. I will talk to my GSTL and go up the ladder if necessary :D

I tell people all the time....I don't not like my fellow tm's as people, as co-workers they suck.

You're holding up much better than I would.
I'd have probably b**tch-slapped her the first time she overruled me & I'd slap her in the face with a best practices print out every flippin' day until she got the message.

Last edited:

That's what someone else told me here when I had a GSA delegating tasks over the ETL-GE's request and I was told to always listen to the GSA first.

*head explodes in frustrated confusion and general deflation*

LOL ROFL someone is trying to get you fired..... a GSA is way way way way way below an ETL. If a GSA is telling you to do things contrary to an ETL.... just one word - don't. Seriously, a GSA has zero authority over an ETL. Hell, a GSA has zero authority over a regular TL.

LOL ROFL someone is trying to get you fired..... a GSA is way way way way way below an ETL. If a GSA is telling you to do things contrary to an ETL.... just one word - don't. Seriously, a GSA has zero authority over an ETL. Hell, a GSA has zero authority over a regular TL.

That is true.. I think my store just does things a bit differently, the LOD usually just defers all front end decisions to us. If they need something done, they'll tell us what needs to be done, but they don't care about how we get it done lol ;)

I think the issue in this thread is that the GSA is making negative performance remarks, and borderline coaching, which is way out of line for a TM position.

You're holding up much better than I would.
I'd have probably b**tch-slapped her the first time she overruled me & I'd slap her in the face with a best practices print out every flippin' day until she got the message.

This!

She sounds like she's nuts. Don't worry, if she keeps on this way she'll eventually do something that gets the higher up's attention and that will be the end of her. People like her always end up hanging themselves with their own rope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back