Archived Just a rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an electronics team member, and since hours were cut its usually just me and a team lead closing. Every single time I close I am expected to zone E+F, do ALL reshop for E+F, typically zone another area in hardlines (C or D) and help with reshop for the rest of the store. OH and as well as help guests in electronics all night, and do most of the cafs from 3-6. Some nights I am able to do all of these but at the same time I never get recognized for any of it, I never get vibe cards, I never get thanked and honestly I'm starting to question if it's worth the $10.50 an hour.

I'm an electronics team member, and since hours were cut its usually just me and a team lead closing. Every single time I close I am expected to zone E+F, do ALL reshop for E+F, typically zone another area in hardlines (C or D) and help with reshop for the rest of the store. OH and as well as help guests in electronics all night, and do most of the cafs from 3-6. Some nights I am able to do all of these but at the same time I never get recognized for any of it, I never get vibe cards, I never get thanked and honestly I'm starting to question if it's worth the $10.50 an hour.

Consider yourself lucky with the pay our electronic team members have to do all that too for 9 an hour :eek:

How much would you have to be paid for it to be worth it? Honestly that sounds like an appropriate amount for the work. Not getting recognized for doing a good job does suck, but you just need to keep on plodding through it and let your leaders know when BTS comes around. You probably aren't the only one who feels this way.

Compile your skills and training on a resume and start applying elsewhere. If youve been with Target for a while, you might be more valuable to another company than you realize. I know where I'm from you would only be making 50 cents above minimum at that pay. To me, that's not worth it when you could go literally anywhere else (even outside of retail) at entry level and make almost the same or even more.

Sounds about right. Most of the time the Rock Stars simply get more work.

Want recognition? Get Red Cards.

Compile your skills and training on a resume and start applying elsewhere. If youve been with Target for a while, you might be more valuable to another company than you realize. I know where I'm from you would only be making 50 cents above minimum at that pay. To me, that's not worth it when you could go literally anywhere else (even outside of retail) at entry level and make almost the same or even more.
I've worked in every area of target since I started about 2 years ago. I've done cashiering (obviously), fitting room, softlines, hardlines, sales floor training (cosmetics or entertainment), presentation, flow, electronics, and while I haven't done back room or guest services yet I'm sure I would be able to figure it out on my own. I do however pull myself from the back room constantly. I really just don't think they realize 20 hours a week isn't enough for a 19 year old to pay rent.

How much would you have to be paid for it to be worth it? Honestly that sounds like an appropriate amount for the work. Not getting recognized for doing a good job does suck, but you just need to keep on plodding through it and let your leaders know when BTS comes around. You probably aren't the only one who feels this way.
Enough to be able to pay rent, but still have a life outside of work but I can dream right

Backroom and Electronics should be the same paygrade. At least they are at my store.
Backroom is a higher pay grade in most stores and rightfully so since you're doing like 3 times the work and manual labor however most tms have no idea what you do and just think youre tossing shit on the line for them to push

Backroom is a higher pay grade in most stores and rightfully so since you're doing like 3 times the work and manual labor however most tms have no idea what you do and just think youre tossing shit on the line for them to push
Pretty sure electronics is also N07.

And to be fair, some BRTMs actually do just toss random shit on the line to be pushed.

Electronics and Backroom should both be N07. Or at least it is in my neck of the woods.

Electronics is N05 with the rest of salefloor in my store. While I agree both positions (well all) are under paid, I don't see when electronics should make the same as backroom.

I've worked in every area of target since I started about 2 years ago. I've done cashiering (obviously), fitting room, softlines, hardlines, sales floor training (cosmetics or entertainment), presentation, flow, electronics, and while I haven't done back room or guest services yet I'm sure I would be able to figure it out on my own. I do however pull myself from the back room constantly. I really just don't think they realize 20 hours a week isn't enough for a 19 year old to pay rent.
Oh and I've done pfresh too!

Backroom got paid the most at my store. My friend worked there a few years ago ( before she got pregnant with her son) and she was making 9.50 an hour

- When I closed Market I would have to zone All Paper, Dry Market, Cull/Zone PFresh, and Zone Freezers (Our entire Section of G has around 300-400 Four Foot Sections, I am probably not far off when I say this is twice as many as E and F combined).
- Help with Reshop for the rest of the store.
-Sweep + Mop all Coolers (Or just sign the sheet because none of the LODs at my store actually cared, or knew it was damn near impossible for The Flash to even get all this done).
- Push 7 CAF Pulls an hour from 2:30-6:00pm (so no mid-day)
- Don't Forget to do the PFresh Order
- Oh ya, or take your Lunch.
- Completely alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back