Archived Just in the news - Target in trouble for overpricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 million divided by 1700 (roughly) stores... $2300. What is that, 250 hours cut? Watch, we'll have to scan signs once again to add to our workload...

No, most stores will just have the closing operator, Guest Services, or an ETL punch "not found" for all of the signs in the system because any extra hours given for this will be used for other things. Like cashiers or zoning. It's what was happening at my store before corporate decided the signs didn't need to be scanned up or down.

You know, it would really help to have signs that actually stay in place. I'd be willing to bet that a lot of the expired/wrong signs we keep seeing is a result of a guest or team member finding a sign on the ground and putting it back on a label without checking to see if it should go there.

Talk about unnecessary work. Walk around and check out Seasonal, or last months mini seasonal set of plastics after Christmas. Huge waste of time.

They should go straight into Summer, and straight into Valentine's Day. Just thinking about backstocking all that stuff in Seasonal makes me crazy. Plus someone had to pull it - after setting it, and then it had to be stocked. Ugh.

ETA: 1,790 stores in the United States from: http://pressroom.target.com/corporate

so much time wasted on those two areas.

Hello, Spot. Anyone listening?

In the southern/warm weather parts of the country, they go into early-lawn and patio. But I'm in agreement with you on this!

TL;DR Unfortunately, no matter how vigilant we are about taking down signs, corporate sends us bad signs with inaccurate pricing, sizes, quantites and expiration dates all of the time.

Same thing happens with the label strips. For example, when it says 2.8 oz when the product is really 3.0 oz.

It would make it so much easier if they would automatically print the price accuracy labels when printing labels for POG...so much confusion from team members between print all labels, revision labels, price accuracy labels.

Most other stores no longer deal with much Ad signs. If any, definitely way less than Target's.

No, most stores will just have the closing operator, Guest Services, or an ETL punch "not found" for all of the signs in the system because any extra hours given for this will be used for other things. Like cashiers or zoning. It's what was happening at my store before corporate decided the signs didn't need to be scanned up or down.

Didn't signs that were marked Not Found show up on Sunday's PCV?

We always scanned every sign for hardlines and market, and softlines would key out their signs (not punch Not Found, but actually type in the sign numbers).

One time an ETL had a competition amongst the closers to see who could find the most out of date ad. I was the one who was smart enough to look under the base decks and found one from three years ago.

Won me a copy of Evil Dead 2 on Blu Ray it did!

We did this once at my store and I actually found a sign from the previous year that was still actually hanging...

We did this once at my store and I actually found a sign from the previous year that was still actually hanging...

The weirdest part is, it was a toy item, and I did find it in the toy section, but in the time between when the ad went up and when I found it, the toy section had moved to the complete other side of the store, and brought the sign with it.

Oh, and it was one of the vintage ad signs that had the plastic holder as well!

Didn't signs that were marked Not Found show up on Sunday's PCV?

We always scanned every sign for hardlines and market, and softlines would key out their signs (not punch Not Found, but actually type in the sign numbers).

I don't know. I don't know what PCV is, but if it has to do with price change, they probably ignored it completely. No one in Price Accuracy is scheduled on the weekends and I doubt any of our ETLs knew what to do with it. I just remember sitting at the operator's desk in the fitting room, mashing buttons to make all the signs "not found" every Saturday night for more than a couple months.

4 million divided by 1700 (roughly) stores... $2300. What is that, 250 hours cut? Watch, we'll have to scan signs once again to add to our workload...
Quick question, I've only scanned in signs like 3 years ago, what does scanning it in do exactly?

One time an ETL had a competition amongst the closers to see who could find the most out of date ad. I was the one who was smart enough to look under the base decks and found one from three years ago.

Won me a copy of Evil Dead 2 on Blu Ray it did!

We did this, I won because I knew EXACTLY where to go...

The base decks of the Freezers are a goldmine.

In the southern/warm weather parts of the country, they go into early-lawn and patio. But I'm in agreement with you on this!

Same thing happens with the label strips. For example, when it says 2.8 oz when the product is really 3.0 oz.

It would make it so much easier if they would automatically print the price accuracy labels when printing labels for POG...so much confusion from team members between print all labels, revision labels, price accuracy labels.
One of my other POG TMs says the same thing about the seasonal set after Christmas. Its stupid. I havent seen guests back there since January. They look and dont even stop just keep going. Set Patio early, especially since I'm in the south, I mean come on. We have had 70 degree weather in January for a bit

I can do the ad on my Sundays and have several aisles that havent even been touched because there are tons of expired signs from the previous week. Its ridiculous because now not only do I have to remove the old signs just to put up new signs on the same item. I get so angry on Sundays.

I think the worse signing/manipulative signing I've seen (at least at my store) was when something is regular price but there is sale sign with the regular price. For instance a shirt was 5.99 regular price and said "Sale: 5.99" like who thinks of that crap?! And the worse part is people actually fall for it.

I did the ad corrections that came in on Friday & all of my TPC signs that came in were printed on sale cardstock....ALL of them! I had not one yellow sign in my Friday box. I gave my STL a heads-up about it. I guess since we are switching to stickies soon, they just don't care to make sure they USE THE RIGHT SIGN CARDSTOCK!!!

My worry is that next Saturday, the TMs doing ad takedown will pull off all of the sale signs, despite the fact that not all of them are actually expired yet. And I know they should have been printed on yellow TPC cardstock because my report said "TPC" and not "AD".

*head desk*

I can do the ad on my Sundays and have several aisles that havent even been touched because there are tons of expired signs from the previous week. Its ridiculous because now not only do I have to remove the old signs just to put up new signs on the same item. I get so angry on Sundays.

Hell, just do like some genius TM did at my store, which I discovered tonight while doing ad take down for the front end:

There was a sign that expired on 1/31 that no one took down. It went back on sale, with the sale ending today. Whoever put up the new sale sign just put it up on top of the expired one. Because apparently taking the old one down was too much effort.

I think the worse signing/manipulative signing I've seen (at least at my store) was when something is regular price but there is sale sign with the regular price. For instance a shirt was 5.99 regular price and said "Sale: 5.99" like who thinks of that crap?! And the worse part is people actually fall for it.

The sign likely said, "As Advertised." All that means is that it was advertised in the ad, so they have a sign there to direct people to the right product. Just because it's in the flier for the week doesn't mean the price has been marked down. It simply means they are featuring it for whatever reason.

Maybe Target should think about ripping off H-Mart's style and have like a minimall section in stores? I went to one on Friday and thought it was very interesting. The majority of the store is a grocery store but there is a small section designed like a mall.

The sign likely said, "As Advertised." All that means is that it was advertised in the ad, so they have a sign there to direct people to the right product. Just because it's in the flier for the week doesn't mean the price has been marked down. It simply means they are featuring it for whatever reason.
And some people might call that deceptive. Would you expect other retailers such as pharmacies and grocery stores to do that as well?

Hell, just do like some genius TM did at my store, which I discovered tonight while doing ad take down for the front end:

There was a sign that expired on 1/31 that no one took down. It went back on sale, with the sale ending today. Whoever put up the new sale sign just put it up on top of the expired one. Because apparently taking the old one down was too much effort.
Ha, I've seen that.

today customers were telling me left and right at the register about the prices being wrong compared to the signs and they were going to call corp. dear lord what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back