Archived just one of those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i had "one of those days". It was just a horrible day all around. Not from guests or etl's or anything it was just one thing after another. It was one of those days that i called my husband and told him to go buy me some beer and get it cold for when i got off. It was one of those days that if i had time i would have sat down in the office and cried. It was one of those days i felt like i needed two of me to deal with everything. One of those days that just wore me down.
What do you guys do to talk yourself back up to go into work the next day with a smile on your face and to forget all the things that happened the previous day or all the things you need to follow up on that will just remind you of what made the day before so bad? I know as a leader i need to plaster my smile on and act like there is nothing wrong but at this moment i'm not sure i can do that tomorrow.
Thanks for listening to me vent. =)

That's what we're here for; we've all been in "one of those days" where you feel like you're a hair from going postal or biting clean through a PDA.
One of the pillars of this site is to vent, to let off steam, to realize it's not you but guests.
You've come to the right place; you're among friends here so vent away :D

haha, i'm sure that's what he did! I just didn't want to have to haul the beer home. I wanted it ice cold so i could sit down and ***** about my day to him right when i got home!

he did exactly that! i think he knew from my voice i better be standing in the kitchen with a bottle open handing it to her the minute she walks in the door. The minute i opened my front door he jumped up and opened a beer for me. This is how i knew true love. =)

I'm so glad your husband did that for you. I know my mom has had those days at her job, and has called my dad telling him to do the same thing.

But yes...vent. And know that it's all a pain in the ass, but we've all been there at some point. In the end, it's just a job....and none of it is worth having a stroke over. Half of it won't matter in a week. Have that beer and spend the time with those who matter most.

I just remind myself that I get paid the same whether I stress or not. As long as you do everything you possibly can and are able to justify and explain why you did whatever to your stl or etl then no reason to stress.

I just remind myself that I get paid the same whether I stress or not. As long as you do everything you possibly can and are able to justify and explain why you did whatever to your stl or etl then no reason to stress.

that's a good point. Thanks. =)

Beer cures almost anything short term. I know your feelings on what a day! Think about being in back to school pushing, back stocking products & dealing with school lists from hell for almost endless hours in any given day.
Ahhh, the refreshing cold beer, good friends here, this is best place to be. We are a team.
We are here for you always.
You are not alone, remember that.
Hang in there!:drinks:

Last edited:
Beer cures almost anything short term. I know your feelings on what a day! Think about being in back to school pushing, back stocking products & dealing with school lists from hell for almost endless hours in any given day.
Ahhh, the refreshing cold beer, good friends here, this is best place to be. We are a team.
We are here for you always.
You are not alone, remember that.
Hang in there!:drinks:

thanks! this is what i needed to hear. I feel better after some sleep and hopefully work will be just a bit better today!

As an hourly you don't need to work yourself into any bad state. Do your job and make sure others you're in charge of are doing their job to the best ability. Be sure goals accomplished while at work but when your shift ends for the day you need not think heavily of your hourly work. Hourlys aren't required to work and think too much of work goals while not at work. It's inevitable you will think about your department while at home and what you can do next time at work as a TL or TM though. Though good workers do always, but better ones know there is only so much one can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back