Just saw this interesting nugget on a FB page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorted repacks? By aisle? Are you kidding me? I've sorted enough repacks to believe this will never, ever happen. Stationery mixed in with HBA all year, but especially during BTS time. Grocery and electronics items in with HBA with some frequency. The occasional toy or clothing item, just to keep things interesting. Since e2e has been implemented, one might think that health care would be separated from beauty, but not hardly - at least the areas are next door neighbors. Sorted repacks would be great - I'll keep dreaming it'll happen some day.

It wasn't sorted by aisle...it was sorted by fillgroup. Fruit (like fruit cups, applesauce squeezers) are in the snacks fillgroup, so they would come mixed with chips/snacks. They are on completely opposite ends of grocery. Baking is mixed with cereal and spices. Spices and baking are in different aisles, but it's all in the same fillgroup so it was put into one repack. It was very poorly done.

Yes don’t get me started on the seemingly random grouping of the SNCK fillgroup. Why the heck even have them in Grocery if they don’t match up to the sales floor in any obvious way!

It can be sorted to within a couple of aisles, and it is already being done that way at many grocery store DCs. It just requires renovating the DCs to accommodate it.

This is the DC that serves the grocery store I work for, and you can see them building pallets:

Another (very expensive) option is to go fully automated:

Skyrack, who provides Targets bulk steel, has automated pallet systems and conveyors like the one in the second video. I only mention this because an ETL and I were discussing building a carousel out of that system since the backroom will have so much open space soon lol

Trucks are going to be expected to be palletized by the end of the year from what I’ve been told and a pilot program is already starting in certain areas.

The couple DC guys who complain that “it can’t be done! We don’t have the set up!” Are going to have to learn to adapt pretty quick. Everyone’s pretty tired of the dogshit filled trucks with piles of boxes falling everywhere. We palletize our shit we sweep back, now you can too. Hopefully by 2019 the Us Vs Them sentiment will be gone. You guys can keep your OT but Spot caught on to you collecting it for untangling rubber bands for hours on end. Spots 30 year old archaic logistical process needs this facelift.
Reminds me when i got a trailer in which the entire bottom of the trailer was wet from rain. I sent a detailed, professional account of the damaged items, how many hours were used to clean it up and what they could do to help mitigate that. IE, if you know the truck leaks throw down cardboard or something on the bottom if you don't know where it leaks. With a ton of pictures, had fun taking pictures. I loved the picture of the mountain top we stacked of all the damaged boxes off to the side, saw it as a team picture moment.

I got a response back 3 days later saying. Yeah trailer xxxxxxx leaks, sorry thanks for the feedback. I got another leaky trailer a few weeks later, not as bad...

Anyways, i don't think they'll palletize well. I've gotten a pallet of wall mirrors for back to school, under a water pallet before. It's okay the put one of those red giant rubber bands on it, secured! Plenty of paper pallets with cat litter or water on top as well.

Hardlines goes E2E in February for me. The leadership moves have been noted.

I am gonna go on limb and say in High Volume stores, Presentation will come back just after a disastrous BTS/BTC in Superfreaky stores.

Let, lone 4th Quarter..... The Luxury of having a Pog Team who come Christmas, can save Target's internet Dreams, while the rest of the year bringing their "clever ideas" to light.

I can't wait to see it, when, we aren't there.

(Saying this, I will probably end up in flexible, if this comes to light.)

I see departments, faking "small" revisions. The kind where you move 90% of the products to put in 5 new items? New plastic dividers for the new spacing? Ha ha ha, yeah thats not happening. Softness could not do the hosiery planos in a week, with 5 of them doing it, just imagine a hardline team trying to do the pen wall. If e2e is what we do through he entire store, I think you really NEED plano. They are like ninjas, that come in take care of business and get out with little disruption to the guests. But that would just make good sense, so no need to do it

Since we now have a stickie on this subject and I moved a ridiculous number of pages from here to there, I'm going to lock this up so you folks can talk over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back