just started working overnight in freezer/chill. i want to change departments due to multiple reasons including health, is that possible?

I have currently completed all training and a few shifts (daytime) working in freezer and chill. i was put onto overnight and was barely able to handle it due to the sheer pace and temperatures alone. i would like to be moved onto daytime (easier IMO) or another department because the cold is affecting my health. I am 4’10 and 85 pounds, i dress with as much warm clothing as i can from my head to toes and i still shake constantly and can barely stand it. i would like to ask my team lead and HR if i can switch departments but i’m not sure if they’d accept it or if i will have to quit. i enjoy working here, i know i would flourish in other departments, even on overnight.

I have currently completed all training and a few shifts (daytime) working in freezer and chill. i was put onto overnight and was barely able to handle it due to the sheer pace and temperatures alone. i would like to be moved onto daytime (easier IMO) or another department because the cold is affecting my health. I am 4’10 and 85 pounds, i dress with as much warm clothing as i can from my head to toes and i still shake constantly and can barely stand it. i would like to ask my team lead and HR if i can switch departments but i’m not sure if they’d accept it or if i will have to quit. i enjoy working here, i know i would flourish in other departments, even on overnight.
Talk to,your tl or etl now.

It will depend on your store. If they have another position open you may be able to switch. Unfortunately they hired you for a specific job so they may be forced to let you go if there is nothing else. Overnights can be difficult to fill so there is a good chance they will need you somewhere else.

Back