Archived Keep getting scheduled in Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
My main workcenter is Hardlines and all of my next 9 shifts are scheduled in Electronics, obviously, I don't mind working back there every once in a while, but having 100% of my shifts back there just gets boring honestly... about a month ago when we started losing Electronics TMs my ETL-HL asked me if I liked Electronics and I told him it was fine but I really liked Hardlines better and would prefer to be scheduled there, he said okay and told me it's good that I'm comfortable there.

Just wondering what I should do? Is Electronics a higher pay grade? And also, aren't I supposed to take some electronics quiz thing? I've never even been actually trained in Electronics, I was just trained to cover breaks and have kinda always winged it from there but idk anything about like the Apple vendor shit and I can't even really put on a spider wrap

It could be temporary while they find new people for electronics. Or they could be trying to bamboozle you.

If you really don't want to be there, tell them. If you don't say anything they'll end up keeping you there assuming that your silence means you're ok with it.

Yep 50 cents above hardlines.

Yeah but that isn't really too big a priority tbh, I haven't even finished my training and no one really cares.

I got 20 minutes of training and was thrown to the dogs, you already have more experience than when I did going in lol. The apple stuff is simple, product goes out in the morning and in the stockroom at night. Other vendors that come by are pretty chill tho.

Ask the TPS or ETL AP to show you how to spider wrap and what the process is for merch protecting. They're always happy to help in my store.

Just wondering what I should do? Is Electronics a higher pay grade?

50 cents

And also, aren't I supposed to take some electronics quiz thing?

Only if keyed as electronics

've never even been actually trained in Electronics, I was just trained to cover breaks and have kinda always winged it from there but idk anything about like the Apple vendor shit and I can't even really put on a spider wrap

Ask for formal training, or get help with those things when you overlap with a strong electronics TM.

Unfortunately the new rules on ACE make finding a qualified electronics tm difficult. In my area electronics experts go to work for best buy etc.

Does that mean that I make 50 cents extra each shift or is it only if I'm keyed as an electronics TM?

Keyed in which you should be if you work more then 50% of your shifts... Only if your actually scheduled in electronics and not hardline and told your in electronics for the day.

Keyed in which you should be if you work more then 50% of your shifts... Only if your actually scheduled in electronics and not hardline and told your in electronics for the day.
So if on Branch, and target.com/viewschedule it shows 'electronics' and on the grid it says electronics, am I making the extra 50 cents?

Last edited:
So if on Branch, and target.com/viewschedule it shows 'electronics' and on the grid it says electronics, am I making the extra 50%?
No because you're not an electronics team member. You're a hardlines tm filling in gaps for electronics until they find someone else. You won't make extra money unless it's your keyed position no matter how many times you're scheduled there.

No because you're not an electronics team member. You're a hardlines tm filling in gaps for electronics until they find someone else. You won't make extra money unless it's your keyed position no matter how many times you're scheduled there.
Wow that's dumb wtf

Expect more; pay less.
Target's SOP.
I'm scheduled my next 9 shifts in Electronics and I don't get Electronics pay...? Thatsbsome bs lol. if I'm scheduled all Electronics on the next schedule I'm talking to hr because that's dumb

I'm scheduled my next 9 shifts in Electronics and I don't get Electronics pay...? Thatsbsome bs lol. if I'm scheduled all Electronics on the next schedule I'm talking to hr because that's dumb

Yup ask to be keyed over there. It's better to be an electronics tm who works in hardlines than a hardlines who works in electronics.

Yup ask to be keyed over there. It's better to be an electronics tm who works in hardlines than a hardlines who works in electronics.
Will HR actually key me there though? Like is it normal for someone to ask or will I just come off as some scum who wants more money?

Will HR actually key me there though? Like is it normal for someone to ask or will I just come off as some scum who wants more money?

Just ask LOL. You aren't scum you are doing the work of it, you have every right to be compensated for it.

Think of it like this if a TL demoted. They aren't going to let them keep their pay.

Last edited:
I have no clue if I’m making the extra $0.50 working in Electronics :(

Who cares? If they say "no you're a piece of greedy scum" ask to not be scheduled there. If it were me, it would've never gotten to 9 shifts without me saying anything tbh

It's better to just not be an electronics TM. :)
why ? 50 cents extra and honestly Electronics is easy as shit, it's always dead back there anyways all I really do is like dust and multiloc fill and ask people if they need help finding anything

They will either do it and you'll be a legit electronics TM from now on, or they won't do it and will stop scheduling you there. The latter happened to someone on here who was keyed as softlines but working SFS every day and asked to be keyed as SFS (back when it was a higher paygrade).

why ? 50 cents extra and honestly Electronics is easy as shit, it's always dead back there anyways all I really do is like dust and multiloc fill and ask people if they need help finding anything

Electronics is super easy until they make you zone toys but I figure you have to do that in Hardlines anyway

Electronics is super easy until they make you zone toys but I figure you have to do that in Hardlines anyway
Nope, we aren't allowed to leave G block (Electronics, movies book etc at my store) DTL visited and saw Electronics TM in toys and flipped shit, so we stay in Electronics at all times now.

Nope, we aren't allowed to leave G block (Electronics, movies book etc at my store) DTL visited and saw Electronics TM in toys and flipped shit, so we stay in Electronics at all times now.
DTL's are checking video randomly to make sure Electronics, Cosmetics, and other End to End areas have team members super glued there helping guests. They send nasty emails to the group and STL's letting them know what stores are RED when it comes to this. You cant even push the truck unless you can push while talking to guests. Our beauty team cant leave their 6 aisles lol.

DTL's are checking video randomly to make sure Electronics, Cosmetics, and other End to End areas have team members super glued there helping guests. They send nasty emails to the group and STL's letting them know what stores are RED when it comes to this. You cant even push the truck unless you can push while talking to guests. Our beauty team cant leave their 6 aisles lol.

This is true. We underspent in beauty by one hour and our hrbp flipped out

At my store I have to cover Electronics, MMB, toys, and seasonal while being the only electronics Tm working. Nobody has said anything thus far about staying at Electronics. I just do as I’m instructed, which is to focus on zoning toys and seasonal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back