Archived Keeping my options open

Status
Not open for further replies.

watchdog9000

ex-GSA
So there's an opening for GSTL at a store near here. There's ALSO an opening for a CSR at Verizon Wireless close to home. Already applied for both, wish me luck guys :)

good luck,I hope you get both offers,always nice to get that decision to make either way.

Good luck WD.
Having options is what it's all about.

Quick update, have the final GSTL interview Monday, and the Verizon skill assessment on Thursday. I keep waiting for the S to hit the fan the way things have been going lately haha.

Good man!
I'm sure you're doing a comparison of benefits, pay, etc as well?
Best o' luck!

Best of luck to you! I believe you will find some helpful hints/advice on eHR about interviewing suggestions.
So there's an opening for GSTL at a store near here. There's ALSO an opening for a CSR at Verizon Wireless close to home. Already applied for both, wish me luck guys :)

Yes, definitely keep pay, benefits, time off in mind. Working in the Verizon department will make you a leased employee, so the benefits will be completely different there than through Target. You will still get your Target employee discount, but that's it. As a TL you will get an extra week of vacation, and extra day of personal holiday pay, an extra 4 days of national holiday pay, and you'll only need to maintain an average of 19.5 hours per week to be eligible for full benefits. Plus you'll be eligible to participate in Tuition Reiumbursement.
Good man!
Best o' luck!

Good man!
Best o' luck!

Oh definitely, verizon does benefits on day one, pay will be better unless I can get spot to budge on what I start at, BUT the drive will be MUCH better to this Target. I'm still not sure what I'll go with for sure, but I'll play those cards when I get to them :)

are you selling contracts at verizon?
To a point, yes. I will be taking inbound calls to Verizon (no cold-calling THANK GOD for that). Basically if you have a problem with your phone, service, anything you call me. If you want to upgrade your phone, plan or whatever, you call me as well. Target is STILL going to be my number 1 choice, but Verizon is there just in case..

Good luck with your last interview. The last interview is typically a formality since STLs don't want to waste their bosses time by sending up applicants that they don't think will pass. I think it may still be a little premature for congratulations, but, I wish you the best in whatever you chose to do!

Well I just now found out about the GSTL position. They went with another candidate (thank you AE 2012).

But guess who has two thumbs and is now employed by Verizon?

*THIS GUY* (Doesn't work so well on the internet, but you get the point)

Congratulations.
Don't be a stranger.
One thing for sure you won't have to worry about your health insurance.

congrats, so sorry you weren't chosen for the GSTL position, but good luck at Verizon!
Well I just now found out about the GSTL position. They went with another candidate (thank you AE 2012).

But guess who has two thumbs and is now employed by Verizon?

*THIS GUY* (Doesn't work so well on the internet, but you get the point)

I will miss the people at my store, but I will not miss so many other things, especially being the lousy GSA pay ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back