Keys or RFID badge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should Spot replace the keys/keypad for most keys with RFID badges that get signed out to you? Each time you start your shift you get a badge that you sign out electronically (so it knows what to authorize for you) that works where you could get a key to (but usually don’t because there’s not enough keys for) and use it like s key. Obviously the key would still work as a backup in case of failure. When you’re done with your shift you sign in the badge (which erases it) so that you can clock out. If you lost the badge it can be remotely removed so it can’t be used.

It can’t replace magnetic keys or keys that can’t be RFID but can be used to open a lockbox to retrieve the key

Nope. Key cores can be replaced, so can broken keys. I have software on my phone that can duplicate RFID chips onto small RFID tags I bought off Amazon. If I have that technology so do other people, those badges can easily be copied and accessed without anybody's knowledge. Sure there are cameras but what's going to stop a real criminal.

Nope. Key cores can be replaced, so can broken keys. I have software on my phone that can duplicate RFID chips onto small RFID tags I bought off Amazon. If I have that technology so do other people, those badges can easily be copied and accessed without anybody's knowledge. Sure there are cameras but what's going to stop a real criminal.
After each shift the badge gets erased so it can’t work for that long. You can also require the Zebra to be 2nd factor to use the badge so even if they find it they can’t use the badge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back