Archived Kicked out of WIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

signingminion

WAVing in the air like I just don't care
Heard it through the grapevine a store in our district got a six month suspension from WIC. It's still new in our state (but not the other two that make up the district/group) ...could someone from the store be on the chopping block for this or does spot not really care about getting kicked out of WIC?

Wow! :eek:
I imagine heads are going to be flying off of shoulders at that store. I can't see HQ not doing something immediate about it.
At I minimum I would guess that the STL will be gone and the ETL-SF will be placed on final.

I can't figure out how they got to suspension. How I understood it was there had to be multiple infractions over time...like two or three bad visits/ incidences. Surely the stl/dtl/gtl would have heard each time and addressed this? Our WIC lady stressed it was unlikely to happen unless we weren't trying to fix stuff and work with her.

wic requires a certain amount of products offered/stock. heads rolling in a new offering seems unlikely. more they'll get support to get it back on track. if they fail again, then heads roll.

From what I was told when I moved up to the Front end at my store and they went over WIC was that we got suspended once for 10 months and had just got it back so we had to be extra cautious. It was told by my GSTL at the time that the suspension was due to repeated infractions, on top of that the Consumables TL constantly kept the State inspector waiting for 30 plus minutes every time she showed up for an inspection and Our ETL GE got into Several Arguments with the Inspector. To top it off my store could have paid a fine and kept WIC but I was told they dropped the ball and forgot to pay it. Not sure if Jobs were lost as It was before I started.

Most often a store will receive a suspension due to a Cash Office error in regards to the WIC checks. Most commonly this is because the check imprinter on the registers was not working and therefore the endorsement did not work. The Cash Office can fix this rather easily but if they do not and the check gets processed it results in an infraction. Too many infractions results in a suspension (which doesn't actually amount to all that much money in most Targets).

My grocery store has come close to getting suspended before due to not having enough stock of specific types of formula or baby food.

my stores past suspension was the result of infractions for being out of stock of food items

Heard it through the grapevine a store in our district got a six month suspension from WIC. It's still new in our state (but not the other two that make up the district/group) ...could someone from the store be on the chopping block for this or does spot not really care about getting kicked out of WIC?

This is weird. Targets in my area do not take WIC and I've always wondered why.

my stores past suspension was the result of infractions for being out of stock of food items

As badly as Target does on having things in stock this seems to be the most likely reason for any disciplinary action. I would think the registers (or more accurately the software) would help to make sure that only approved products were being purchased on WIC. I worked at another store years ago and we had a list of approved products at every register to consult, that coupled with common sense and we never had any WIC violations.

This is weird. Targets in my area do not take WIC and I've always wondered why.

As badly as Target does on having things in stock this seems to be the most likely reason for any disciplinary action. I would think the registers (or more accurately the software) would help to make sure that only approved products were being purchased on WIC. I worked at another store years ago and we had a list of approved products at every register to consult, that coupled with common sense and we never had any WIC violations.

Common sense? Yeah that is what gets us every time. Not everyone has it. We did take WIC and got dropped cause a few reasons. Cashier issues, stock issues and a cash office that stopped caring. ETLGE who wouldn't fix cashier issues so cash office let it go, cause they got tired of finding mistakes.

We had a short-term suspension a few years ago because people would process anything and everything, so the STL said only TL and yo could process it when we got it back. Then that STL left and the new STL kept the same policy until we got a new ETL-GE who is lazy AF and didn't like doing them, so she started saying anyone could do it again, even pharmacy....AND she wanted us to ring out EVERYTHING. We refused (yet another reason she hated us!) Our reasoning was that none of us had ANY training (other than her saying "you just process it like a regular check," which I know is wrong) and she refused to provide us with a list of what was/wasn't approved. To this day, even though we are no longer Target, she wants us to ring out WIC purchases and we refuse.

I don't understand why target even takes WIC. Doesn't WIC go against the fake highclass image that people seem to think Target has? People seem to view target as high end and better then walmart, why take a poor person program such as WIC?

I don't understand why target even takes WIC. Doesn't WIC go against the fake highclass image that people seem to think Target has? People seem to view target as high end and better then walmart, why take a poor person program such as WIC?

Because the "poor people" who use WIC should be allowed to buy the essentials they need for their children where they want.

I want to second your "wow" P-queen. I'd also like to point out that the reason Target would take WIC is SALES. Target gets reimbursed by the state for the WIC coupons they accept and one of the items many families get is formula for their infant. These purchases are usually 4-6 cans of powder formula and that stuff is expensive, so those sales are nothing to sneeze at.

From what I was told when I moved up to the Front end at my store and they went over WIC was that we got suspended once for 10 months and had just got it back so we had to be extra cautious. It was told by my GSTL at the time that the suspension was due to repeated infractions, on top of that the Consumables TL constantly kept the State inspector waiting for 30 plus minutes every time she showed up for an inspection and Our ETL GE got into Several Arguments with the Inspector. To top it off my store could have paid a fine and kept WIC but I was told they dropped the ball and forgot to pay it. Not sure if Jobs were lost as It was before I started.

Lmao
c49bbeed46bc43bcf68e1806b1ce62af183177196a0c5e5ae7144e012f24f4ca.jpg

I see this as the ETL meeting in this store...
Also, they were a bunch of actual Pandas.

Plus for some people target is the closest store. Our WIC office encourages coupons, rebates, etc to stretch the wic money...target can be great for that.

WIC has reps from local offices audit various items. There is to be a minimum on hand and no excuses. They will conduct audits monthly and if there is no change all documentation, pics, etc is sent to the next level and they audit. If at the time of their audit the same issue is there it's a suspension. The reasoning is its been months and no effort to fix. WIC is basically easy money so that's how they get ya...in the pocket. I'm sure leadership at that store will hear about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back