Kronos App

I have a shift tomorrow that I won’t be able to make so I put it up in the Kronos app for someone to cover. It says that it was accepted by one of my co workers. Does that mean I’m good, I don’t have to show up for that shift because someone else took it? I didn’t talk to my TL or HR about it so should I call them before my shift tomorrow just to double check or is it too late?

Semi-Necro, but not all stores work the same. Some stores don't care if you swap a shift, as long as the shift is covered. Other stores might because if you swap often they may figure "well if they're going to ditch their shifts, we will schedule them less".

Unless you are seasonal though, it's not necessarily punishable unless you are constantly giving out shifts for the next day without it being approved in Kronos. If your seasonal, they may look at it as you don't actually want work, therefore they can find someone who does EVEN if someone replaces your shift. Unless it is off your schedule, you are still 100% liable for if that person misses the shift that was suppose to cover for you.

My stores rule of thumb is, as long as the shift is covered and the person covering it doesn't go over 40, then it's no big deal.

Last edited:
Back