Thank god we dont use Kronos

😭😭😭 my other job still uses it fml
I mean it changed to ukg is it still the same company? Gah I better get paid friday or Im going to open up some cans on people

The backbone of mytime is Kronos/ukg. Same interface, just customized to each retailer. I use it for both my jobs.

myTime Mobile is a target developed app that modifies and reads schedules from Kronos through an API.
couldn’t have said it better lmao

Also correct me if I’m wrong but we use Workday for paychecks? If UKG is down for an extended period of time it really wouldn’t be hard to just redirect the time clocks to another similar database (especially the touch screen clocks). Plus I know Target likes to run basically everything in house so it really wouldn’t be far off from them.

Also correct me if I’m wrong but we use Workday for paychecks? If UKG is down for an extended period of time it really wouldn’t be hard to just redirect the time clocks to another similar database (especially the touch screen clocks). Plus I know Target likes to run basically everything in house so it really wouldn’t be far off from them.
I believe Workday is the main source of tm data, and we are only using the scheduler and timekeeping part of UKG. Since we enter our direct deposit through workday, it's likely workday processes payroll. So we shouldn't be impacted and I haven't heard anything saying we were. When workday was released, they were making it seem like we were going to do scheduling and time off requests through that and it was only at the ETL level for trial.

I believe Workday is the main source of tm data, and we are only using the scheduler and timekeeping part of UKG. Since we enter our direct deposit through workday, it's likely workday processes payroll. So we shouldn't be impacted and I haven't heard anything saying we were. When workday was released, they were making it seem like we were going to do scheduling and time off requests through that and it was only at the ETL level for trial.
exactly this. I really don't see it being difficult to just swap the APIs of UKG with a homemade one. The hardest part would be the swapping shifts section honestly.

exactly this. I really don't see it being difficult to just swap the APIs of UKG with a homemade one. The hardest part would be the swapping shifts section honestly.
There's a lot that goes into that scheduler. Not impossible to make your own, but there's a reason why UKG makes money for a horrible interface. The hardest part would be schedule coverage graphs, compliance rules for different states or local government, schedule generation based upon availability and all these rules. Human Resource applications seem to be always behind at any workplace most likely due to their complexity and algorithms.

Back