Archived Kronos shift swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
How reliable is Kronos for shift swap? If you post a shift on Kronos do you have to write it on the shift swap paper also? Im off next Tuesday and noticed an open shift for Flexes. I’d be glad to work it for whoever posted it. What happens after I hit “submit”?

My store said not to trust Kronos. So I’ll only write it on the sheet. About the shift for Flexes, after you “accept” the shift I believe HR gets a notification whether to accept or deny it. But if it’s a “Global Open Shift” be careful, because sometimes those are shifts people have and HR just forgot to take down, it’s happened to me many times.

Hope that helps :)

My store doesn’t check shift swap request at all. Once I did one in the app and it wasn’t considered till that moment I approached TL and asked what’s happening with it. She had no clue how to approve a Kronos request . Finally someone who knew it helped her and did it. Since then I always rely on the swap board .

I gave up a shift before Thanksgiving, and no one told me, so both my replacement and I showed up that night. I was able to punch in and worked the five hour shift before they told me someone had taken it. Awesome, thanks. Now I'm diligent about checking when I need someone to work for me.

Kronos is incredibly user unfriendly. I wish my store still also had the paper sign up, because the majority of the staff has quit trying to use Kronos, and just verbally agree to take shifts from one another, or have group texts to do so that exclude TMs that aren't friends with them. It's been hell trying to figure out who's going to show up when, and hold people accountable for attendance.

Only thing I’m depending on Kronos is tracking the time card. I know what time I punched for meal so that I can figure out when to end the meal.
Oh that’s smart. I always try to make a mental note or take a picture of the time clock so I won’t forget, but I’ll try Kronos from now on.

Kronos is incredibly user unfriendly. I wish my store still also had the paper sign up, because the majority of the staff has quit trying to use Kronos, and just verbally agree to take shifts from one another, or have group texts to do so that exclude TMs that aren't friends with them. It's been hell trying to figure out who's going to show up when, and hold people accountable for attendance.
I agree, I don’t think the app has even been updated since I originally downloaded it.

Kronos limits your swap choices to your primary workcenter. Make sure you ask hr open secondary workcenters for you.

Oh, the swap board would be nice in addition to Kronos.

Just discovered tonight that someone did pick up my shift for Sunday, but only after I logged in and searched for it. Isn't there a better way to notify? Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back