Archived Leadership Charades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once attended an ETL outting and my STL drew team member names, crumpled them up, and initiated a game of charades imitating and mocking various team members (Some with disabilities). Out of fear of retribution, I played along and ensured I wasn't offensive. After this incident I joked with my peers how we are going to hell for playing along and a couple of them had the sense to agree. They both no longer work with Target lol. A leadership team truly 'better' than their team? I've sat down at Starbucks several times on break and witnessed the STL drive a culture of making fun of the TMs and belittling them constantly. This was the beginning of the end of my journey as a Target ETL. It is sad that Target didn't take necessary action or even provide me with transfer opportunities. I tried everything imaginable to get transferred. HR ensured I was uncomfortable and supporting my STL at the end of the day. It's also sad to sit in meetings and get tasked to get rid of team members by a certain date. I'm a guy of integrity and I have no issues holding team members accountable, but I'm here to coach, develop, train, and drive a great culture. How can someone have a predetermined outcome on someone else's job legally without documentation? By saying you want someone gone by a certain time, you're basically asking me to sabotage or manipulate one of my TMs to align with your agenda? This STL would call it talent management, but doesn't approach it with retention and fairness taken into consideration. If any of you have a great leadership team, let them know how much they rock! Don't take em for granted!

Last edited:
Is this STL of color?

Why would this even if matter?
I could see it if they were making jokes about people of their own race, that wouldn't be very professional but acceptable.
People who are deaf rank on themselves to no end but it sure is fuck isn't something anyone else gets to do
I don't care what race the STL is, they can fuck right off.

Why would this even if matter?
I could see it if they were making jokes about people of their own race, that wouldn't be very professional but acceptable.
People who are deaf rank on themselves to no end but it sure is fuck isn't something anyone else gets to do
I don't care what race the STL is, they can fuck right off.
I might know this STL? Thats why it might matter? You just assumed that I was going to validate her behavior based on skin color, right? I asked a simple question and you read so mich in to it. Thanks.

I might know this STL? Thats why it might matter? You just assumed that I was going to validate her behavior based on skin color, right? I asked a simple question and you read so mich in to it. Thanks.

Valid point.

However, if you had clarified the 'simple' question by saying, "I might know her." I wouldn't have 'read so much into it'.
Actually, my point was that the only people who get to tell jokes about being deaf are deaf people.
That was all you needed to read into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back