Archived Leadership Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone provide any information on how they write their leadership status? I am a new soft lines team lead and I wrote my first one a little over a month ago and am currently writing my second one. The thing is though, I feel like a lot of my activities listed under business priorities are not changing from the first one as they are on going activities to issues that have not been resolved in a months time. Is anyone else experiencing this or am I just not doing my job correctly? :help:

That's sounds about right. With the changes of bf & training new tm's, my time will be limited. I was able do some yesterday. Then, add business walks & tm alignment, sp's, & new etl-hl(real green).

Can anyone provide any information on how they write their leadership status? I am a new soft lines team lead and I wrote my first one a little over a month ago and am currently writing my second one. The thing is though, I feel like a lot of my activities listed under business priorities are not changing from the first one as they are on going activities to issues that have not been resolved in a months time. Is anyone else experiencing this or am I just not doing my job correctly? :help:

I only do mine once a quarter, so I haven't run into that very much, but if you feel it is necessary to list the same activities (this is for your development, after all), then I would say do so. Just elaborate. If you are doing those activities, you've probably learned what has or hasn't worked, keep the same goals, but change the activities a little bit. Or better yet, expand the goals or focus them even more. If before, it was for your area, morph it to be your business goal for the whole store. This won't work for all goals, obviously, but its just some ideas.

Not going to lie, the only way I've ever got mine done was to take it home (don't tell spot!) I'm not usually one for working off the clock, but I'm a perfectionist, and taking the 15 min of free time I can find each week just wasn't cutting it. It was a lot less stressful for me to take it home.

There is a great tutorial on workbench about writing your status. It actually states that its very likely you will have the same issues on your status quarter to quarter. With this being just your second status I would check out the tutorial, it is very informative especially with linking your business walks to your status.

make sure to put your team commitments, store focuses ect. in them. If you have any captainships put that as well. There’s also a sample version of a status. I had one in my binder I think it can be found on workbench.

Your business walks should help you complete them. When writing the business walks connect them back to your status.

I’m sure your doing your job its just hard to do paperwork + be on the floor leading your team + all the crap SL TL’s do.
What are your areas in SL?

Thank you everyone for responding. All of your input is greatly appreciated.

@Stuckinsoftlines: My primary areas are RTW, Mens, intimates, performance, and jewelry/accessories but I spend time in the other areas too. How about you?

RTW intimates performance boys and acc sometimes I help shoes not lately...

What did you think of the new color coded adj books mine completely fell a part on me but I like the sweater shop section for winter and the new winter signing this year I though the red signing I think it was last year just blended to much with the other sale signs

RTW intimates performance boys and acc sometimes I help shoes not lately...

What did you think of the new color coded adj books mine completely fell a part on me but I like the sweater shop section for winter and the new winter signing this year I though the red signing I think it was last year just blended to much with the other sale signs

My Peer has finally gone on her maternity leave. We are JUST finishing up RTW, gotta do Boys tomorrow along with the ad and Harajuku Mini -_- and Mens on Monday! we are soooooooo behind! and our readiness visit (reindeer run) is Tuesday.. :mega_shok:

Super if you didn't go to work yet what I did today to prep for project h is I tied and dropped all the pogs left them on the back of the line with the hanging and signing for my self tomorrow morning. I marked spots for the closing team to clear off for me so when I come in tomorrow morning I just set up and done. Prep work cuts time in half.

For my readiness visit they walked Christmas signig and sweater shop in RTW...keep an eye on all the merch updates they checked that as well.

Also another tip the first 2 aisles of racks are the most important they look at those in greater detail.

Chin up super I'm sure your doing great :)

Super if you didn't go to work yet what I did today to prep for project h is I tied and dropped all the pogs left them on the back of the line with the hanging and signing for my self tomorrow morning. I marked spots for the closing team to clear off for me so when I come in tomorrow morning I just set up and done. Prep work cuts time in half.

For my readiness visit they walked Christmas signig and sweater shop in RTW...keep an eye on all the merch updates they checked that as well.

Also another tip the first 2 aisles of racks are the most important they look at those in greater detail.

Chin up super I'm sure your doing great :)

Nice strategy! that was really smart. thanks for the advice :)! I'm bringing it with me tomorrow. Gonna kill this visit!

Before I left i was the only team lead in softlines, and i had every department...hope you guys never have to go through that

One of my SrTLs said that it's very helpful to write down things that happen, or else you'll never remember them come status time. However, we only do statuses ever quarter, not every month, so maybe that won't be as helpful to you.

My store is pretty average, not a super target but big, in total I believe there are 12 departments. It went smooth when I had a etl who worked with me after we settled a rough patch, then I didn't have one for about a year so I was also doing ETL duties as well. I finally got a ETL that was beyond horrible, and I left Target after 11 years. Made me sad to think things led to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back