Archived Learning plan??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been working for Target for three weeks (softlines) already and I read here something about a learning plan and I have no idea what that is?? I never got one. I also haven't even started the online training because I haven't had time since I've been scheduled on busy days. I told the LoD but she forgot about it because she was busy and I didnt want to be annoying. How long do I have to complete the online training? Thanks!

You typically have at least a month before trainings are due. Find your ETL HR or a HRTM and ask them to print you your learning plan. There will be some activities you need to do on the computer, let your TL or SF ETL know. Some people want you to blow off training but because your HR team is graded on you completing it they will back you up.

Best of luck to you!

Usually, your TL will also talk to you and plan out when you need to do it regardless. The learning plan in a nutshell is generally things you probably have learned already, i.e. how to be a cashier, how to zone, call buttons, etc....

I thought Target discontinued the learning plans and implemented the "Learning Mentor" thing. It's basically the same thing but they made it a bigger deal now.

I thought Target discontinued the learning plans and implemented the "Learning Mentor" thing. It's basically the same thing but they made it a bigger deal now.
Learning plans are still a thing. The learning mentor is just a new name for the trainers.

Oh ok, I think they do it all electronically on the Learn at Target app on workbench. Before they would print it out and we would have to go over it and sign it off. I could be wrong.

Oh ok, I think they do it all electronically on the Learn at Target app on workbench. Before they would print it out and we would have to go over it and sign it off. I could be wrong.
Oh we've been printing ours out. But yeah I think it's more general now and not specific to a team member. As in, I would go print off a learning plan for Starbucks Team Member and not for John Smith.

I guess the learning plan isn't actually a priority (as in they don't care about people learning)?? Because HR gave me all the answers for the quizzes just to get it out of the way and I was never given a learning plan. I wanted to read over the policies and take my time but nah bro the priority was for me to finish the online quizzes.

My store hasn't used learning plans in over 5 years. About a month or 2 ago I noticed they changed board instead of team trainer team mentor. We got a new HR & he mentioned you can get more of a say in your area as a mentor. I want know more.

My store hasn't used learning plans in over 5 years. About a month or 2 ago I noticed they changed board instead of team trainer team mentor. We got a new HR & he mentioned you can get more of a say in your area as a mentor. I want know more.
A learning plan is a good thing. The new tm can't say they don't know when they signed the plan, saying they were trained...

Our district still uses the Learn at Target. Its a combination of online and actual training.

Our district as well. It's my job to make sure all of the training gets done, with so many new seasonal Team Members there is a lot of training going on right now :eek:

My learning plan was basically a checklist, with a majority of it being computer time and then my TL having me sign off on it once I had completed everything.

Our district as well. It's my job to make sure all of the training gets done, with so many new seasonal Team Members there is a lot of training going on right now :eek:

Ugh we have been "keying" so many trainings for seasonals that didnt actually happen. ETL HR is sending passive aggressive emails to the other leaders about getting learning plans done. The leaders are hoarding their hours as is so they are thinking no way am I giving my cashier away for an hour when I need them on the lanes.

Its ironic having seasonals with trainings due on 12/31 knowing some of them will be termed that very next week.

I actually wish we used orientation to get trainings out of the way.

Ugh we have been "keying" so many trainings for seasonals that didnt actually happen. ETL HR is sending passive aggressive emails to the other leaders about getting learning plans done. The leaders are hoarding their hours as is so they are thinking no way am I giving my cashier away for an hour when I need them on the lanes.

Its ironic having seasonals with trainings due on 12/31 knowing some of them will be termed that very next week.

I actually wish we used orientation to get trainings out of the way.

I also wish we could get all the training done during orientation. I have no support from my leaders to get training completed.
I make myself a list of who needs to complete what and when their next shift is. As soon as the TM clocks on, I tell them I need them to complete training and get them started. Once the TM starts their training, I walkie their TL/ETL to let them know I am keeping so and so for training and they will be on the floor in about 20 minutes. If it super busy, I offer the TL/ETL to fill in for the TM who is completing their training. It actually works out in my favor because it gets me cross trained in other areas ;).

I still haven't signed anything about I'm trained to use powerful equipment such as the crown, wave. Or even the baler/compactor which apparently you need to sign off on some form about being adequately trained to operate it. The only thing I've signed was about a ladder and a form that I was capable to fulfill my job requirements. Yet I use them all daily. It makes me curious lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back