Archived Leave of Absence for 3-month Team Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowray5

New Team Member
Hello all. I am looking into entering an inpatient mental health treatment program for a month (I have some really bad depression, anxiety, OCD, ADHD, and chronic eye pain), yet I cannot take a medical leave since I have only worked at Target for 3 months (I called Hewitt). Do you think I will have to quit, or would it be possible for me to talk to HR about taking a leave of absence? They are aware of my mental health issues.

Hello all. I am looking into entering an inpatient mental health treatment program for a month (I have some really bad depression, anxiety, OCD, ADHD, and chronic eye pain), yet I cannot take a medical leave since I have only worked at Target for 3 months (I called Hewitt). Do you think I will have to quit, or would it be possible for me to talk to HR about taking a leave of absence? They are aware of my mental health issues.

What HLM said, talk to HR. Communication is key and essential to getting things done. I'd hope you wouldn't have to quit, but an LOA guarantees you your job when you come back... if you decide to come back. They cannot term your employment on an LOA unless you tell them to or that you're considering not coming back.

Last edited:
If you are not seasonal, you can get an loa. Talk to hr, without delay. Good luck & get well.

I don't think I am considered seasonal anymore since my 90 days finished last week.

Last edited:
Out of your 90 you are eligible for LOA.

You don't qualify for fmla so you won't be paid. Ask if you can take a personal loa. You will still have a job when you come back as long as you don't exceed 120 days. More than 120 days it has to be an approved medical LOA.

Thank you guys for the responses. Hopefully it will work out with HR.

I am updating this thread because I was told that I can't get personal leave until 90 days after I become a permanent team member, which for me was January 7th (2 months into my seasonal hire), so I cant take leave until April 7th. Can anyone confirm this? I thought I was good to go after the first 90 days.

Maybe I need to talk to someone else, though they are already one of the top leaders of the store. Maybe they were confused on the policy though.

I am updating this thread because I was told that I can't get personal leave until 90 days after I become a permanent team member, which for me was January 7th (2 months into my seasonal hire), so I cant take leave until April 7th. Can anyone confirm this? I thought I was good to go after the first 90 days.

I think your store has some discretion there. Talk to HR and say you don't want to quit but want to take care of some things so you can come back and be productive. Let them know you aren't going to just hide on LOA and quit.

I don't like team members who camp on LOA just so they can keep their discount. But you are not one of those cases

I typed up something, so that I know what to write on the LOA form. Do you recommend keeping it short like what you wrote, or making it really detailed? Because I do want them to know exactly what's going on.

Yeah, I don't care whatsoever about the benefits, I don't even use the discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back