leave of absence question

hi everybody. been googling but can’t find an answer. i have been suffering super bad burn out the past month from being overworked, it’s been affecting my relationships and my mental health is at an all time low. i have no time ever for myself or the things i once loved doing, no time to figure out college, no time at all to make sure i’m okay. i have 2 days off usually but i’m always thinking about work on my days off & it’s the worst. i am wondering if i can take a leave of absence and what that even would mean for my employment at target... i was wondering if i can take a leave for mental health? and return once i have taken care of myself?

hi everybody. been googling but can’t find an answer. i have been suffering super bad burn out the past month from being overworked, it’s been affecting my relationships and my mental health is at an all time low. i have no time ever for myself or the things i once loved doing, no time to figure out college, no time at all to make sure i’m okay. i have 2 days off usually but i’m always thinking about work on my days off & it’s the worst. i am wondering if i can take a leave of absence and what that even would mean for my employment at target... i was wondering if i can take a leave for mental health? and return once i have taken care of myself?

FMLA can be used for mental (un)health. Target lingo, a Medical LOA. That offers job protection in addition to other protections. Your doctor will have to fill out paperwork though, so touch base with your doctor first.

Back