• Thread starter ChiPhaz
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChiPhaz

I have a doctors appointment this morning for x-rays related to my sciatic nerve in my hip. Is causing extreme pain constantly. I am unable to work now and I am seasonal. I live very close to my work. Should I go up there after appointment and tell them I cant work and ask for a leave of absence? How do I handle this situation. Would they "hire" me back after my hip is better? Thanks

How long do you have before your last seasonal work day?

Hate to say...this situation will probably not work for you. Being a seasonal hire and with an injury, they may go ahead and release you. But if they liked you, your store may ask you to re-apply for a permanent position once you get better.

Thanks for the feedback yall! I am seasonal about 70 days in so far, and have NOT been asked to stay or go but expressed desire to stay to TL so we will see.. Saw orthopedic doctor and he did x-rays - thank god is just "Sciatica" and no ruptured discs or any abnormal activities with back. Is just knon as painful injury that will heal with stretching etc. I am just going to tough it out and work 3 30 am fri and sat than off sunday and try my best. thanks again for feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back