Archived Leaving after three months

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after three months of working at Target, I decided to turn in my two weeks notice and August 21st is my last day. When I first started working, I was happy and felt that Target would be a different and better company to work for compared to my past jobs. But I see that I was mistaken.

My main reason for quitting was because of the hours and starting back college next week. Of the three months I worked there, I have only worked a mid shift three times. Other than that, they always have me closing. It has been hectic since they started the back to school sales. Also, despite them having apparently 300 employees, it always seems like hardlines need help from us. The store has been backed up badly. At the end of the night, my team (Market) usually always have to help softlines, which majority of the times, the girls over there are talking and taking their time to do work. It's exhausting getting home at 1:30-2 am most nights.

Also, it's getting annoying with our GSTLs and LODs yelling at us over the radio a split second after the message announces for help needed for backup. I'm guessing they are stressed with back to school, but a lot of times, they are rude and condescending. We've been having major issues with our myDevices. Half of the time it kicks me off, or pops up with error messages. So when a guest asks for help, I can't even search for them without restarting the device over and over. But we would ask the sales floor if they know where the item is. The LODs have a problem with us asking over the radio and tell us to use our myDevices instead. But it's difficult when the devices aren't working, or when I don't have one because all the equipment is gone by the time I get there at 5:30p.

Another thing is that they are always calling on the Market team to help with other department's pulls or constantly calling us for backup. I understand Market is a smaller department compared to hardlines and softlines, but then they complain at the end of the night when Market is still zoning or touching up. I don't see how they expect Market to pick up the pace for other departments and still do our own tasks in a timely matter.

When I put in my two weeks, my LOD found out the next day and asked me why I wanted to leave, despite me writing it down on the form because of school. But he folded his arms, looked at me, and "tsk tsk tsk" at me as I was explaining. I felt that was unnecessary because I have the right to quit, regardless of my reason. Since then, he has been unfriendly with me and it is making work awkward there. I figured they would be mad with me though.

But anyway, I have tonight and Friday night and I'm done with Target forever. I don't have anything against my Market TMs. They were all a good bunch and I enjoyed working with them. I just can't handle the workload, going to school, and taking care of my family. I need to find a job that is less demanding of my time and energy.

Sorry for the long rant. Just wanted to get things off my chest.

Welcome to Target! Unfortunately that's the way it is in most stores. You are doing the right thing. Please don't feel guilty, school and family are way more important. Good luck!

@Nyri: You did your best; sounded like you had poor leadership tho....
Time to run screaming out the door into the night.
Good luck in school.

Thank you all. I'm excited for the new semester. It will be sad leaving Target only because of my Market TMs. They were fun to work with and always made me laugh. Same with my TL, she's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back