Archived left after 9.5 yrs...what do I put down on apps as reason for leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after 9.5 yrs at Target, I finally left. I had a conversation with my 5 yr old minded ETL-HR who I am twice her age, who acted like I didn't know anything, who acted like I didn't deserve hours because as she ever so slightly hinted that I hardly had any redcards recently. Lace your fingers together..."You know, working here is a symbiotic relationship". You know what lady, kiss my ass. 9.5 years of putting up with crap from COUNTLESS STLs, ETL-HRs and many ETLs and I'M STILL HERE! But yeah, whatever.... I had no coachings, no CCAs, nothing. I was available for 32 hrs and they could only give me 18-20. One reason she gave is that they don't schedule cashiers with lunch breaks. Sorry, how is THAT my problem?
So I woke up the next day and could not bring myself to go in anymore. I nc/ns-ed myself out. I was trying to get more hours so I could keep my vacation pay, dental ins and life ins for 2016 but she didn't care at all.

So now I'm going to apply for other jobs... I just don't know what to put down under "reason for leaving" for Target after being there for 9.5 yrs....???
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Seeking better opps, like commie says.
I would wait till you got to 10 years, you would gotten an extra week of vacation pay.
It's not automatically added to your vacation hours. You can accrue an additional week which would take a while working <20 hours/wk. you would've got a $50 giftcard but that doesn't repay the bits of your soul Target has sucked out over 10 years. If you feel like you need to elaborate on why you left, I'm sure any employer would be happy to know you want to work (more than part-time) and you have a solid work history. Shouldn't be too hard for you to get a comparable job at least.

It's not automatically added to your vacation hours. You can accrue an additional week which would take a while working <20 hours/wk. you would've got a $50 giftcard but that doesn't repay the bits of your soul Target has sucked out over 10 years. If you feel like you need to elaborate on why you left, I'm sure any employer would be happy to know you want to work (more than part-time) and you have a solid work history. Shouldn't be too hard for you to get a comparable job at least.
That and once we hit January any vacation hours accrued no longer payout if you leave.

Looking to apply my knowledge or find opportunities inline with my training and education is my standard line. It's always true.

Seeking other opportunities
Seeking opportunities in my field of study

So after 9.5 yrs at Target, I finally left. I had a conversation with my 5 yr old minded ETL-HR who I am twice her age, who acted like I didn't know anything, who acted like I didn't deserve hours because as she ever so slightly hinted that I hardly had any redcards recently. Lace your fingers together..."You know, working here is a symbiotic relationship". You know what lady, kiss my ass. 9.5 years of putting up with crap from COUNTLESS STLs, ETL-HRs and many ETLs and I'M STILL HERE! But yeah, whatever.... I had no coachings, no CCAs, nothing. I was available for 32 hrs and they could only give me 18-20. One reason she gave is that they don't schedule cashiers with lunch breaks. Sorry, how is THAT my problem?
So I woke up the next day and could not bring myself to go in anymore. I nc/ns-ed myself out. I was trying to get more hours so I could keep my vacation pay, dental ins and life ins for 2016 but she didn't care at all.

So now I'm going to apply for other jobs... I just don't know what to put down under "reason for leaving" for Target after being there for 9.5 yrs....???
Any ideas?
I always just put "no room to grow" or "not enough hours"

why would you stay a cashier for 9 years?

I was an HRtm for 6 yrs along with doing cash office. My mom had a heart attack and then heart surgery and then dealt with congestive heart failure for about 5 months. I'm her only child so I had to "step down" from HR and just be a cashier and cash office. I couldn't work 40 hrs anymore and concentrate on my mom. I was content with this until they started jacking around with my hours. I don't think 20-25 hrs was asking for too much. It's not like I was a newbie coming in demanding hours over everyone else.
I feel like Target doesn't give a crap about "old timers". In the past they've been worried about turn over rates but this HR must've missed the memo about not running off good employees because I can't TELL you how many great employees have gotten fed up and nc/ns-ed themselves out the door.

Also, why would I stay a cashier for several years? Because due to getting some great raises in the past I was making almost 11.00 an hour "just being a cashier".
I don't drink the kool-aid so I could never be a TL or higher. No. Thank. You. Been around long enough to see what they have to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back