Archived less hours for cafe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, our store seems to be cutting hours by having cafe tm come in at 7:45am instead of 7:30am. Our team members have been coming in to get the cafe ready at 7:30am for as long as I can remember.

I seem to remember someone talking about some stores whose team members coming in even later, after store opening and closing well before store close time.

Anyone know?

Just seems odd since we are getting busy and the hours shouldn't be that tight.

No matter how bad hours are at my store, our opener always starts at 7AM and the closer never leaves later than 9:30PM (or 8:30PM on Sundays). When we get cut, P-Fresh, Food Ave, and Starbucks are always the last to lose hours.

so, our store seems to be cutting hours by having cafe tm come in at 7:45am instead of 7:30am. Our team members have been coming in to get the cafe ready at 7:30am for as long as I can remember.

I seem to remember someone talking about some stores whose team members coming in even later, after store opening and closing well before store close time.

Anyone know?

Just seems odd since we are getting busy and the hours shouldn't be that tight.

At my store they moved the opening of the Cafe to 9 am, so the opener doesn't come in until 830.

our cafe has turned into a roulette wheel besides the normal 2 people that mainly work there are morning cafe person gets there at 8am everyday and cafe is open at 9am but the closing is the biggest issue we've had the cafe close as early as 430pm due to no coverage & or them not wanting to cross train people in the cafe the latest our cafe closes is at 7pm sharp

I only have 3 people working in my cafe at the moment, and one of them is a frequent-flyer on the attendance report. :wacko:

Our target cafe is open from 10am-800 pm and has been that way for about 2 years.

Our target cafe is open from 10am-800 pm and has been that way for about 2 years.

Put it to you this way: I have 150-some odd hours of payroll for cafe. I'm using maybe 90 right now. I'm expected to have cafe open 8am-9pm (8 sunday) with a half hour before/after for prep/cleaning.

Open 730-4 (8 hours)
Mid 1030-630 (7.5 hours)
Close 4-930 (5.5 hours)

I know we don't have enough staffing to fill these hours, so we've been "donating" our "extra" hours towards logistics and sales floor because absolutely nobody will pickup cafe shifts (the very few cross trained TMs) and honestly nobody wants to cross train over there!

Put it to you this way: I have 150-some odd hours of payroll for cafe. I'm using maybe 90 right now. I'm expected to have cafe open 8am-9pm (8 sunday) with a half hour before/after for prep/cleaning.

Open 730-4 (8 hours)
Mid 1030-630 (7.5 hours)
Close 4-930 (5.5 hours)

I know we don't have enough staffing to fill these hours, so we've been "donating" our "extra" hours towards logistics and sales floor because absolutely nobody will pickup cafe shifts (the very few cross trained TMs) and honestly nobody wants to cross train over there!

Id love to cross train there sign me up I been asking for over a year to learn food ave & or guest service but told their was a line of people waiting for both the food ave line is laughably b.s.

Our opener comes in at 7am everyday and leaves at 11pm(10pm on sundays).

Our FA opener comes in at 7:30-7:45 (Opens at 8), and closers stay until ~10pm (closes at 9)

I've noticed they have cut Cart Attendant hours for my store, we used to have CA Coverage from 8am-11pm every day of the week + weekend mids, but now in order to get mid coverage we've had to start scheduling CAs to start at 9-930 am instead of 8 :/ Also fitting room/operator is losing hours too, we usually don't have one at store open/close so calls will go on the overhead.

Our FA opener comes in at 7:30-7:45 (Opens at 8), and closers stay until ~10pm (closes at 9)

I've noticed they have cut Cart Attendant hours for my store, we used to have CA Coverage from 8am-11pm every day of the week + weekend mids, but now in order to get mid coverage we've had to start scheduling CAs to start at 9-930 am instead of 8 :/ Also fitting room/operator is losing hours too, we usually don't have one at store open/close so calls will go on the overhead.

Sometimes our cart attendants come in at 9 or 9:30 which I don't mind really since that first hour after the store opens, there isn't much to do.
Come in at 8 and I empty the hanger bins, bag the lanes, get supplies for food ave if they need some, do the 1 minute restroom check at 8:30 since they get cleaned before the store opens and I just walk in and out, then after that I usually just stay on a lane until the next check or someone needs me. I don't actually start getting carts until 11am or so.

our cart attendants dont start until noon and work until about 9ish

not many hours for them either

At my store, cart attendants start at 10 on weekdays and 8 on weekends. Fitting room and electronics always have coverage unless our HR TL effs up the schedule...again.

This is why my GSTLs do the schedule - not HR. We have a much more realistic view of what's needed.

We're constantly losing hours for Target Cafe in my store. I sing praises when I notice I have even 30 minutes of coverage, during the holidays it was much worse. I consistently work 8 hour shifts back there and will have zero coverage, starting happening during the holidays and they kept it up when they saw I could handle it. I'm the only one it happens to also.

FE is losing hours as well, including starbucks. Thursday, there was 4 cashiers scheduled for the entire day, 2 openers and 2 closers, and it was crazy busy.

We're constantly losing hours for Target Cafe in my store. I sing praises when I notice I have even 30 minutes of coverage, during the holidays it was much worse. I consistently work 8 hour shifts back there and will have zero coverage, starting happening during the holidays and they kept it up when they saw I could handle it. I'm the only one it happens to also.

FE is losing hours as well, including starbucks. Thursday, there was 4 cashiers scheduled for the entire day, 2 openers and 2 closers, and it was crazy busy.

four cashiers for the ENTIRE day?? i have four cashiers by 9am..

four cashiers for the ENTIRE day?? i have four cashiers by 9am..
Our opening cashiers come in an hour after the store opens during the week and at 8 on weekends, and most days only 1 is scheduled. It drives me insane, especially when I come in at 8 and am scheduled for Market but am the ONLY tm on the sales floor until 2. I spend most of the day sprinting for the call boxes and back up calls. Then I get coached for not getting my workload done and running in the store. >_<

that makes no sense to me. This board makes me incredibly happy that i work at a high volume store.

Our opening cashiers come in an hour after the store opens during the week and at 8 on weekends, and most days only 1 is scheduled. It drives me insane, especially when I come in at 8 and am scheduled for Market but am the ONLY tm on the sales floor until 2. I spend most of the day sprinting for the call boxes and back up calls. Then I get coached for not getting my workload done and running in the store. >_<

Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back