Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

OH NOW I LEARN THIS AND SOMEONE TELLS ME! I'll still keep books and movies in their boxes, but anything else is going in a Waco.
Also, did anyone have to remove those video game display shelves this week?
Probably because thieves are realizing you can take the shelf off the gondola and steal the games, we zip tied ours to the gondola now though. Target should be pissed at whatever company decided to make a giant hole in the back of a locking case.

Probably because thieves are realizing you can take the shelf off the gondola and steal the games, we zip tied ours to the gondola now though. Target should be pissed at whatever company decided to make a giant hole in the back of a locking case.
Oh I meant a few we still have some

Does Disney movies still need (or ever needed) its own backroom location?
Yk when we moved backrooms we tried but we kept confusing which was which so we just converted to a movies section.

also, THEY GOT RID OF THE MARKETSOURCE LAPTOP AND PRINTER!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
People will literally do this because they want to "try" a product and they will think they did NOTHING wrong. I hate humanity.
oh i love the people asking if they can try on EARBUDS. LIKE MAAM. NO.

OH NOW I LEARN THIS AND SOMEONE TELLS ME! I'll still keep books and movies in their boxes, but anything else is going in a Waco.
Also, did anyone have to remove those video game display shelves this week?
Direction is to actually trash all boxes and backstock movies/books that come in street date. As someone who has been dealing with it for like 8 years, it's nice to be able to backstock them. It cleans up the backroom better, and if you have your box spot in line with the other entertainment you can rebuild that area into having more backroom space. I recommend it during your entertainment reset coming up

also, THEY GOT RID OF THE MARKETSOURCE LAPTOP AND PRINTER!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Our store apparently for rid of MarketSource more then a year ago. I get a bunch of guests who are upset about it, but I can't imagine being productive with them there.
oh i love the people asking if they can try on EARBUDS. LIKE MAAM. NO.
Or if they cam open chargers, or cases, or or or or, to make sure they work or fit.

iPhone 14 will no longer have sim trays. Hope target updates to eSIM carriers QUICK. Especially when they cant even keep SIM cards in stock.
I heard today Mint Mobile will be added to POA soon. They are a eSIM compatible company. That was quick!

I don't know if I was the soul reason, but before they even started selling at Target I DM'd them that idea, and then they sent it to their feedback department. But then they did it! Then after that I DM'd them to get into Target's POA, and then they sent it to their feedback department. And now their doing it! So it's either a super coincidence or they actually listen to feedback. Pretty crazy.

Last edited:
Tech Closer here. Like most stores, I sell a lot of Apple Products and TVs, among other things. These days people say cash isn't used often, but I would like to point out otherwise. Due to this, when people make high dollar purchases with cash, I tend to give them an extra copy of their receipt, especially if they don't use Cartwheel.

Due to the streak of people high jacking Tech registers and either activating gift cards, emptying the drawer, or the likes, they have set the registers to auto logout after each transaction.

This isn't a problem overall, but when someone wants an extra copy of their receipt, it is a headache. Now, I need to print it off the computer if they really want it. I just sneak into receiveling and use that computer.

Any advice?

They are "secure" in the backroom, just not locked. With that said, some of our openers leave boxes of xboxes and PS5s in an unlockable rolling cage, on the floor.
Welp, our door has been replaced. ETL and SD are pissed.

Tech Closer here. Like most stores, I sell a lot of Apple Products and TVs, among other things. These days people say cash isn't used often, but I would like to point out otherwise. Due to this, when people make high dollar purchases with cash, I tend to give them an extra copy of their receipt, especially if they don't use Cartwheel.

Due to the streak of people high jacking Tech registers and either activating gift cards, emptying the drawer, or the likes, they have set the registers to auto logout after each transaction.

This isn't a problem overall, but when someone wants an extra copy of their receipt, it is a headache. Now, I need to print it off the computer if they really want it. I just sneak into receiveling and use that computer.

Any advice?
If you don't keep your register in self checkout mode your super missing out on the satisfying streak of 12 people using cards and then someone ruining it to use cash so you have to actually log in. 🤣

If you don't keep your register in self checkout mode your super missing out on the satisfying streak of 12 people using cards and then someone ruining it to use cash so you have to actually log in. 🤣
I tried this yesterday and it worked well, though a TL came over to put change away when I was helping a guest and was confused as all heck.

Yeah i honestly think they should've just reduced the auto logout time to something supper small like 15 seconds lol. I get it safety this and that but reprinting receipts are annoying.

Maybe add a function onto the lockscreen? Reprint recent receipt for the next like 1 minute.
Welp, our door has been replaced. ETL and SD are pissed.
define replaced. Also, something I do and this is a very bad thing lol. I don't keep PS5s and Xbox's in lockup. We just do not have the space needed in our isle. I throw them in the TV wall in the backroom.
does not show up in my POA
imagine doing a trade in LMAO.

I did so much work for entertainment today. I totally flexed all those random ass vinyls. Old ETL was HR for a long time and did a few things that didn't make sense lol. Like we had bins for vinyl section. Like "section 1 row 3-4"., When not only did she suggest that we don't follow the plano lol.

She also wanted to tie every single item we flexed out. No.

Long story short we had 12 bins for vinyl that i condensed into 3. I left 4 empty ones for Q4 and filled the rest of the spots are now big wacos. Set the popsocket sidecap, tossed all the old shippers.

Why does Target never do the Gift With Purchase promotions correctly? I mean the Splatoon Sunglasses are only 5 cents but it's not a gift if you gotta pay for it. Last time it only registered with the 5 cents discount for the digital download. So confusing I just give them to the guest but I know it's wrong for inventory purposes.

Why does Target never do the Gift With Purchase promotions correctly? I mean the Splatoon Sunglasses are only 5 cents but it's not a gift if you gotta pay for it. Last time it only registered with the 5 cents discount for the digital download. So confusing I just give them to the guest but I know it's wrong for inventory purposes.
ours are negative in inventory sooo

I made a thread in I'm Lost, but maybe it's better here. I was an electronics TM last year, and just started as an electronics TM at a different store. My weak point for selling is definately TVs, which I know little about (don't own one or need one), and which my old store didn't move that much outside of holiday sales. What does an electronics TM need to know about TVs?
That's when you read the specs off the TV box and act like you know what you're talking about. Gotta really put that enthusiasm into it.

How are you doing this without being able to print though?
We are not. We are punting them to the website and the new policy is not to print anything and have it emailed.

define replaced. Also, something I do and this is a very bad thing lol. I don't keep PS5s and Xbox's in lockup. We just do not have the space needed in our isle. I throw them in the TV wall in the backroom.

The door had it's lock removed because of damage. Now it is a whole new door. We don't have much outside the backroom, only the 85"s and pallets of BTC TVs
imagine doing a trade in LMAO.
I didn't know about it until I had my new training..

Back