Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

The same commercials over and over again sucks. Especially the ones with music. I never thought I’d get mad at a song from “The Little Mermaid,” but I do now. At least that total wireless twins commercial is out of my life. Luckily, we don’t have the Kidz Bop at my store.

Anyone know how to take the element tvs off the loop for the demo today?
We decided not to use those bc of the having to enter a gmail account and all but we have had previous other smart TVs already set up that can easily be demonstrated so we changed from just demoing 1 brand to multiple brands and explaining the differences among each and apps and such available on the TVs but the demo signage did come in handy though

Why did the recent release pog fucking move everything around god dammit.

I'm still plano and we do new releases; how do they expect the electronics TMs to actually do a near 100%-change while assisting guests?

Especially in stores that still have a sizeable entertainment section like wtf

yeah that pog was horse shit, was about ready to kms after less than an hour

I'm still plano and we do new releases; how do they expect the electronics TMs to actually do a near 100%-change while assisting guests?

Jesus christ that pog was horrible. We usually have a mid on Tuesdays so the opener can focus on Tune In. Luckily I had mobile who was taking care of the guests

Entertainment new release is supposed to have nothing to do with Electronics team members, so from a corporate perspective there's no issue. We're just supposed to push the boxes that show up in our cage.

Video game new release is our job though and is often much more doable.

That pog was horrendous luckily there was 2 of us on at the time on Monday and the truck was light so we both teamed up and did the isle. We have brought up plenty of times that we could understand if each shelf went down the next week it would make minimal changes and less time to take care of and more times to be with the guests.

Can’t wait for the new pilot I doubt my store will really have anyone but electronics take care of tune in lol

Also has anyone been told due to the impending changes the cages go away and all electronics repacks now get sorted and then can be taken out to the floor? Apparently AP didn’t know anything about this when questioned and is looking into if this is a actual thing or not. I personally see especially in 4th qtr the strictly uboat only being a issue.

Very, very carefully. That "revision" single handedly ruined my day

Also has anyone been told due to the impending changes the cages go away and all electronics repacks now get sorted and then can be taken out to the floor? Apparently AP didn’t know anything about this when questioned and is looking into if this is a actual thing or not. I personally see especially in 4th qtr the strictly uboat only being a issue.

My laugh at your post was aimed at this specifically. Whatever crackpot came up with the idea of NO CAGES must have friends who shoplift or, more likely, have never worked the floor a day in their life. This is going to cause a LOAD of shoplifting, if they do it.

So, to the Plus Mobile stores. How do you guys deal with such low inventory on phones. Do you guys audit them like you would audit a normal item in the store. We aren't plus mobile but our Techs have expressed what shitty inventory of phones we have

So, to the Plus Mobile stores. How do you guys deal with such low inventory on phones. Do you guys audit them like you would audit a normal item in the store. We aren't plus mobile but our Techs have expressed what shitty inventory of phones we have
So, there are two points to inventory on mobile units. Most of the inventory issues I've seen as plus mobile are on the POA side (POA thinks we have it when we sold it. The on-hand is correct) rather than on Spot's side. When/if we do encounter an actual on-hand issue, the TL overseeing electronics partners with AP before auditing the counts since they'll 100% pop as a drastic count. Other than that, though, we don't audit the counts since they tend to be accurate on Spot's side.

If we have POA inventory issues, there's a specific point of contact to correct this. For plus mobile, it's a group level consensuscorp person. If it's Target Tech, they have a number to call at the ROC to make corrections. To my knowledge, the method Target Tech has to use is just rather ineffective, unfortunately

Last edited:
For updating the poa inventory plus mobile can also call the Roc, I’ve personally done it. The Roc emails it up to the proper channel, it takes about 24 hours to fully update. I’m also a previous Marketsource Lead. Inventory never seems to get much better, overall my store has almost exclusively iPhones, and only a few of each. But I remember higher volume locations having much better inventory, and replenishment.

For updating the poa inventory plus mobile can also call the Roc, I’ve personally done it. The Roc emails it up to the proper channel, it takes about 24 hours to fully update. I’m also a previous Marketsource Lead. Inventory never seems to get much better, overall my store has almost exclusively iPhones, and only a few of each. But I remember higher volume locations having much better inventory, and replenishment.
This is true on both parts, just in my experience, they refused to do anything for Plus Mobile and instead gave a specific email point of contact for plus mobile stores in our area.

For the lower volume stores, the only way to really change what kind of inventory you have/get more stuff is to submit "opportunities" in the Consensus POS. This is the same as pre-orders for if we do them, but it allows the store to send notification when they have a guest interested in a phone that they don't have. It requires a guest to express interest in that device and be willing to put their information down, but it's another method.

I feel really stupid posting this but I could not for the life of me get the Consumer Celluar Contract Mobile signing up, the makeshift box that I THINK goes on top of the light fixture. .....Why was I sent two of them and they have magnets on the front? Am I dumb?

Target has put up on their website their new Marvel Legends 6" Avengers: Endgame Exclusive 2-Pack from Hasbro which features figures of Black Widow and Hawkeye wearing the Quantum Suits. The set also features alternate heads for Nebula, Ant-Man and Iron Man which can be used on the generic Quantum Suit bodies. The DPCI for this set is 087-16-0326 and it costs $39.99.The set is not yet available for purchase as the official release date on this and all Endgame product won't be until tomorrow 3/31.

Back