Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

As someone who is intimately involved in the tech world, gaming world, and a cinephile...you gotta find a passion for your department. I work full time (40hrs) in electronics and I mostly dislike the people I work for and with, but I adore bringing my knowledge to guests who need it...and the pay. Let's be honest some of us are overpaid for the simplicity of our job
I don’t get extra pay for electronics. 🤷🏽‍♀️
I enjoy zoning, setting planograms, making things look full or just being full, and helping guests not with electronics. There’s my passion, 😂.

I don’t get extra pay for electronics. 🤷🏽‍♀️
I enjoy zoning, setting planograms, making things look full or just being full, and helping guests not with electronics. There’s my passion, 😂.

I suppose that's fine, if you're not an electronics TM. People get pulled for coverage all the time, but especially with modernization you should consider telling them you don't enjoy it.

I suppose that's fine, if you're not an electronics TM. People get pulled for coverage all the time, but especially with modernization you should consider telling them you don't enjoy it.
I mean I’ve been telling them that for years, I’m just really good at guest service and am pretty knowledgeable. Just because I don’t enjoy it doesn’t mean I’m a piss poor employee. I know what I need to do to get good reviews and keep my job. Unfortunately I can do it half assed.

My electronics folks care about success & full shelves. Books are killing us. Store mod says don’t touch them. Now, we see the books just piled up together with every truck. With no hour, there no hours to push them currently. Ho much sales does spot need to lose before it realizes than store mod is bad.

I feel like that was a issue before Modernization

I usually take non truck days to push/challenge things out
If you didn’t have a dedicated person, yeah. Out of all the things my store has done wrong, this is probably the only thing they’ve done right. They’ve always acknowledged that even though they get rid of the entertainment team member position, that you should still have someone over there, even if it’s just two days a week. I could push books easily, even without a device.

My electronics folks care about success & full shelves. Books are killing us. Store mod says don’t touch them. Now, we see the books just piled up together with every truck. With no hour, there no hours to push them currently. Ho much sales does spot need to lose before it realizes than store mod is bad.
Since Entertainment falls under GM now, I guess it’s their problem? Eh.

Entertainment moved into the toys person now, and our toys/sporting goods has three pushers so it's not caused an issue there for us

We push books because no word has been spoken about GM taking it over, and with the current ETL of GM/Inbound it won't be soon. As it is, he has taken Electronics Consultants to push toys on a number of occasions. Plus, Electronics ends up helping guests in not only Electronics and Entertainment, but also Toys, Sporting Goods, Rear Seasonal, and Infant GM. I'd rather our team push books than any of those other areas.

We push books because no word has been spoken about GM taking it over, and with the current ETL of GM/Inbound it won't be soon. As it is, he has taken Electronics Consultants to push toys on a number of occasions. Plus, Electronics ends up helping guests in not only Electronics and Entertainment, but also Toys, Sporting Goods, Rear Seasonal, and Infant GM. I'd rather our team push books than any of those other areas.

I feel prior to modernization this was a norm anyway. At least in our store, we aren't high volume and on a real slow non truck day, the only sales floor employees is 1 maybe 2 softlines, 1 beauty, and myself as Electronics til about 3pm. It stands to reason we end up helping elsewhere due to that.

Errr, except that the people stealing them remove the popsocket the same way legit buyers do?
No you cut the bottom and slide it out. There's a clip on the back you take off to let the poptop rotate like normal.

I feel prior to modernization this was a norm anyway. At least in our store, we aren't high volume and on a real slow non truck day, the only sales floor employees is 1 maybe 2 softlines, 1 beauty, and myself as Electronics til about 3pm. It stands to reason we end up helping elsewhere due to that.

Yeah my store has always been this way

Hey you guys! How can I get our electronics TMs buy into using our my checkouts to let guests pay? They aren’t using them at all at this point and their TL doesn’t seem to really care.

Hey you guys! How can I get our electronics TMs buy into using our my checkouts to let guests pay? They aren’t using them at all at this point and their TL doesn’t seem to really care.
Wish I could help but my store hasn’t had a functioning one since sometime at the end of last year. So nobody uses them.

Why would they use a myCheckout if they have a register available? I'm assuming this is so the myCheckout numbers get inflated and not for actual online sales that need a myCheckout to be used.

I’m being told that the expectation is that every transaction back there should be done on a my checkout. The only time they are supposed to use the register is to sign up a RedCard or if a guest is paying cash.

I’m being told that the expectation is that every transaction back there should be done on a my checkout. The only time they are supposed to use the register is to sign up a RedCard or if a guest is paying cash.
What about mobile? That too?

Back