Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

anybody else have a lot of people ask recently for those controllers you attach to your phone? I got asked this question in the past maybe like once every 2 months but now it seems like every other day people ask me. Is fornite mobile that big or something? Can't think of any other use. In any case, we don't sell them lol.

also I'm sure you guys feel me on this one, when you go to help a guest in what I like to call the streaming laptop section and they ask the damn "which one has the most memory" question. Then I have to explain to them what a chromebook is and how it stores almost nothing locally. Some of them are then like "oh I don't want that" and I'm like.... Well I only have one actual laptop that I sell. Target should really not push the chromebook so much. Or at least replace all of my hp streaming laptops with actual laptops, and keep the streaming laptops as just chromebooks.

anybody else have a lot of people ask recently for those controllers you attach to your phone? I got asked this question in the past maybe like once every 2 months but now it seems like every other day people ask me. Is fornite mobile that big or something? Can't think of any other use. In any case, we don't sell them lol.

also I'm sure you guys feel me on this one, when you go to help a guest in what I like to call the streaming laptop section and they ask the damn "which one has the most memory" question. Then I have to explain to them what a chromebook is and how it stores almost nothing locally. Some of them are then like "oh I don't want that" and I'm like.... Well I only have one actual laptop that I sell. Target should really not push the chromebook so much. Or at least replace all of my hp streaming laptops with actual laptops, and keep the streaming laptops as just chromebooks.
We had the Steelseries controller that worked on mobile. It went clearance sadly.

And the laptop revision we will get one more windows computer, but it's pink.

So basically were at square one and have 1 windows computer.

Ive had 2 guests ask but yeah there’s definitely a trend now that you mention it.

Chromebooks are good for the right people. I 100% recommended a Chromebook for my grandfather and he LOVES IT. They are also going to be super cool once they fully let you run Linux applications.

Always-on cloud-based OSes are a bad concept and shouldn't be encouraged by giving them your money
Ah but this is also discussed in the video. The entire Google suite is offline capable. For many, word processing or excel or powerpoint is all they need in an offline computer. The rest of the time you're probably on Google Chrome online.

I like resetting the headphones and speakers because then I get to make the lockboxes all clean and organized inside :D

ZONED PERFECTLY. AUDITED AND FILLED COMPLETELY.
Yes it was so empty before. Loving all these new products.

Last edited:
Me when we set the revisions a couple days ago: Yay all of our lock boxes are filled

Me now: oh great our JBL flip 4's are now discontinued so now the jbl case is gonna be empty.

I can never win with these planograms.

Side note: We're gonna be carrying a 75 inch TCL soon. My store never even sells the 70 inch Vizio TV. (Low income area). I don't know how tf I'm gonna fit this thing in my backroom.

Back