Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

so this lady has been coming in and exchanging samsung watches.

she'll buy a watch and sometimes even the same day exchange them for another. sometimes the box is open, sometimes its not. the serial #s match up every time tho. last time i asked her if anything was wrong with it and she said it keeps freezing. to check the serial you need to go into settings, so i turned the watch on and it started the set up process which means it was never turned on/set up to begin w (and had no issues w freezing that i saw).

she also had a question abt exchanges and said "every time i do thi-" realized what she was saying and said "i mean, that i've seen" so clearly she's trying to hide something. the stores she buys from are ours, and other local ones. anyone have any idea what she's doing?

so this lady has been coming in and exchanging samsung watches.

she'll buy a watch and sometimes even the same day exchange them for another. sometimes the box is open, sometimes its not. the serial #s match up every time tho. last time i asked her if anything was wrong with it and she said it keeps freezing. to check the serial you need to go into settings, so i turned the watch on and it started the set up process which means it was never turned on/set up to begin w (and had no issues w freezing that i saw).

she also had a question abt exchanges and said "every time i do thi-" realized what she was saying and said "i mean, that i've seen" so clearly she's trying to hide something. the stores she buys from are ours, and other local ones. anyone have any idea what she's doing?

Depending on what the price is in the store, and what it is online, they could be doing the multiple store price match scam. They could be getting up to $80 dollars from every store they go to if its the black watch.

Last edited:
Depending on what the price is in the store, and what it is online, they could be doing the multiple store price match scam. They could be getting up to $80 dollars from every store they go to if its the black watch.
how does that work?

cos the price she paid for the first one was $170+ tax

i was gonna even exhange it but pos said no, return and buy new one. so i returned it and had to adjust the price to the $170 from the $200something it was (etl ap was nearby and approved that). she ended up paying $2 more than the original cos diff city taxes but idk where the scam is in it or what i can do to stop it

60,000 of the disk PS5 and 6580 of the diskless PS5 were preordered. Unknown if there will be another wave.
If you find out if there will be another wave please let us know. I missed out

how does that work?

cos the price she paid for the first one was $170+ tax

i was gonna even exhange it but pos said no, return and buy new one. so i returned it and had to adjust the price to the $170 from the $200something it was (etl ap was nearby and approved that). she ended up paying $2 more than the original cos diff city taxes but idk where the scam is in it or what i can do to stop it
If they are using a gift card & return in the same day, say no.

By order of our etl we do not do preorders. Too much paperwork too much hassle, too many pissed as fuck guests. So our ps5's &xbox one series x will be first come first serve. We don't do game pre-orders as well.

By order of our etl we do not do preorders. Too much paperwork too much hassle, too many pissed as fuck guests. So our ps5's &xbox one series x will be first come first serve. We don't do game pre-orders as well.

we do the preorders for everything that’s possible to buy via the mycheckout & it helps boost sales. You also never know when a guest that comes in for only a preorder but ends up with more then what they wanted to shop for. Our ETL is non existent as it is so not much decisions made there

One of the store electronics sages tells of a time we did do preorders, then some random tm sold a preorder copy despite the signs saying these were for preorders. So we came up one short.... the Karen and spawn was most displease , and thus the age of reckoning had begun.... some say that when electronics is close to closing on Xmas eve eve you can still hear her screeching.

for the preorders in store folx how does that even work? is the copy shipped to them? order pick up? pls explain

One of the store electronics sages tells of a time we did do preorders, then some random tm sold a preorder copy despite the signs saying these were for preorders. So we came up one short.... the Karen and spawn was most displease , and thus the age of reckoning had begun.... some say that when electronics is close to closing on Xmas eve eve you can still hear her screeching.
Yeah that's why the pre-order cards were replaced with preordering on the myCheckout. We really never had information on how many to reserve and it didn't really guarantee you get one.

We had a guest yesterday show up wanting to buy one, and then ranted at us that if apple released it, it SHOULD BE HERE... i didn't even know apple released a new one...

Back